Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2004, 01:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Coz no one is interested in something that looks like a cross between a kangaro and a platypus and will perform like a constipated wild buffalo.

No one cud have put it any better n4s

Revv
Old 3rd June 2004, 01:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]and rehaan another complaint i have is a point that i dont think rightfuly C shud be put in D segment,
Cant' blame Rehaan or the mags here S-350. Its SIAM with whom you should fight over it. SIAM thinks that the price it comes at justifies it to be a D segmenter.

Frankly i support GTO on the fact that the C is now overpriced. The move to the C200K doesnt even justify the price hike, heck that engine shud have been there in the first place rather than the underpowered C180. It just never gave you more bhp per rupee.

If you really think that it being cramped at the rear is not an issue, i think you are getting it wrong pal. No matter how many cars Mercedes sells in Europe and US where no more than two people ever occupy the seats on an average, they can't take Asian markets for granted. Or for that matter any market. Why, even the 3-Series has been criticized for lack of space at the rear, which is more than the C in certain areas.

Look at the Camry for example. Its rear seat is like a bedroom. And its priced much less. Performance could be termed to be at par with the C200K. But it gives you more bang for your buck. Look at it this way, a straight saving of 6 lakhs. Enough i guess to give you atleast 3 years of fuel. I don't doubt that the C is dynamically brilliant but to get a car which is 90% on par with the C and comes at just 60-70% the price of the merc, the C is just looking like highway robbery.

I would say the same if the 3-Series came for 25+ with that 318i engine.

Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster
Old 3rd June 2004, 02:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Revv,
I agree with ur point of space,
But like i said C is atchually designed for the city,
Also i do think its nice for its size cause I use my zen at times when i go to the City,
But in my dealer's C its' no problem at all,

Also my point is that i dont think space is all that takes people to the Accord,
I do think it's the 10L difference or else im sure if C was priced at par with accord,
U wud see a lotta Honda accord buyers buying the C,

Also why do u think the C is over priced?

Base is for 29,000 Euros,

Add auto transmission + alloys + leather + sound + rollerblind + CD player it adds another few thousand euros,
So about 35K x 55 = 19.25 + a bit of taxes revv,
So how do u think it's over priced?
this is an arguement i always have with everyone
And i hope i wasnt harst at anything even if i was im sure it's ok with u lol

love u man
Old 4th June 2004, 03:20   #19
BHPian

The C class is an entry level exec car atleast in countries like usa and that of europe. So they would expect a typical buyer to be in the 30-40 age category. So space is not a priority for him at the moment. Coz it will be either him or his wife driving the car. And if it is used for family outings, his kids are small to bother abt more space at the back.
Things get complicated here in our country when mostly ppl well into their 50s can afford to buy something like the C. When his family with grown up ppl try to fit into the car, space is surely going to be at a premium.
The C and the 3 are designed to have the dynamics to give maximum driving pleasure to their young owners. So the engineers simply wont stretch the C to make it more roomier. While the C and the 3 are standard everywhere in the world, like u guys already r aware, the camry and accord have 2 different versions for the european and US markets. And what we get here is the bigger american versions. Correct me if i am wrong.
When it comes to pricing, we also have to see the local contents in the cars. Maybe toyota has a higher local content than the merc. Maybe they are imported from some country where india has a trade agreement. So costs will come down.
Old 4th June 2004, 03:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

actually i find overdrive a more better one.though i subscribe to both ,i also buy the whenever i am ouytside mumbai as i cannot wait till i can get home.
as many times in the ACI,i have seen wrong info given in the tire section.
aslo this month both magazines had almost similar topics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks