Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What’s your strong hybrid (Hyryder / Grand Vitara) intent after the product and price reveal ?
Retaining my pre-booking 24 19.83%
Dropping my pre-booking 16 13.22%
Booked or planning to book after reveal 24 19.83%
Dropp(ed/ing) my plan in favour of another vehicle 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 00:09   #46
BHPian

Re: What's your Strong Hybrid (Maruti Grand Vitara / Toyota Hyryder) purchase intent?

If I have to buy a petrol car, it would be due to primary city usage or low mileage. In that case, I wouldn't buy a hybrid. The price bump over regular petrol car wouldn't compensate the fuel expenses. Also, I wouldn't want to dip my fingers in complex tech. Also considering there will be compromises on boot space or spare wheel, it doesn't make sense to me.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:54   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What's your Strong Hybrid (Maruti Grand Vitara / Toyota Hyryder) purchase intent?

Went ahead and booked the Hyryder G variant Strong Hybrid in Blue color on-line. The car looks stunning and has every feature I would likely ever want. At 21 lakhs on road, it makes a good case for itself. Yes, it is going to be a bit underpowered for highway runs, but promises a range of 800-900 kms on a single tank of only 45 litres of gas! With Toyota service promise and reliability, I think this is going to turn out to be one of the most practical and economical car ownership experiences in recent times.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th October 2022 at 11:52. Reason: Typos
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Went ahead and booked the Hyryder G variant Strong Hybrid in Blue color on-line. The car looks stunning and has every feature I would likely ever want. At 21 lakhs on road, it makes a good case for itself. Yes, it is to ng to be a bit underpowered for highway runs, but promises a range of 800-900 kms on a single tank of only 45 litres of gas! With Toyota service promise and reliability, I think this is going to turn out to be one of the most practical and economical car ownership experiences in recent times.
Great stuff. Congratulations!

Off topic: Now you need to replace your Bimmer 530i somehow. A used 330i maybe? An off-roader, a sensible SUV, and a fast sedan will make of heck of a garage. wdyt?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 30th September 2022 at 13:27.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 15:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

I remember Toyota's advertisements stating the hybrid will be affordable. I fail to understand how ~20 lacs on road is affordable. This is more like buying a D segment sedan. Also at that price will one live knowing with the fact that the strong hybrid has a 3 cylinder engine? The idle vibrations may not be there now when the car is new but once a car logs thousands of miles the shaky idle nature might rear its ugly head.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th October 2022 at 11:51. Reason: Typos
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 09:39   #50
BHPian

Had visited Nandi Toyota showroom on Friday for a test drive. Was able to spend 10 mins with the vehicle but no test drive as I was unwilling to wait for hours even after confirming over a phone call and visiting the showroom.

The car seemed surprisingly narrow. I'm driving my parents' Baleno and that feels roomier comparatively. Apart from that, the rear seat headroom (I'm 5'9") was too little and so was the boot. With bangalore potholes, there will be a constant fear of hitting heads against the roof while driving.

Went ahead and drove Jeep Compass Petrol DDCT and fell in love with the car immediately. Although it does stretch my budget significantly (29L OTR for Night Eagle by PPS) and does not offer FE benefits like Hyryder.

I'm considering a pre-worshipped/pre-loved (came across this term on the forum) as it would be a better RoI.
Apart from Spinny, any better channel to go through this purchase?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th October 2022 at 11:50. Reason: Typos
Rocketscience77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:37   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Great stuff. Congratulations!

Off topic: Now you need to replace your Bimmer 530i somehow. A used 330i maybe? An off-roader, a sensible SUV, and a fast sedan will make of heck of a garage. wdyt?
Yes great point. Missing a fast sedan quite badly. However used car prices have gone through the roof completely especially in Chennai. Will wait and see. In the meantime, a car like Hyryder should provide some interesting variety in the driving and ownership experience.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th October 2022 at 11:38.
Old 20th October 2022, 10:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nax04 View Post
I have a doubt regarding the battery pack of strong hybrids.
Since the charge and discharge cycle is higher compared to regular EVs,

- What will be life of the battery pack?
- Since start/stop cycles of the ICE will be higher, will it not affect the life span when compared to mild hybrid / regular vehicles?

Just asking as I am planning to change my car next year.
Anyone who can answer this query ????
Old 20th October 2022, 13:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nax04 View Post
Anyone who can answer this query ????
Based on anecdotal information available on Toyota Hybrid cars from other countries like the US, usually the hybrid battery outlast the warranty period of 8 years without issues. Beyond that, one should be prepared for a change and as when needed.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 17:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

What's behind the big discounts on the Grand Vitara? Do dealers hold so much 2023 stock?

Maruti Grand Vitara gets up to Rs 75,000 off!

Quote:
MY2023 units of the Grand Vitara hybrid can be had with benefits of up to Rs 75,000 which includes cash discounts and exchange offers. Meanwhile, the MY2024 units are listed with benefits of Rs 50,000 .
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-stocks-430582
shortbread is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks