Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 12:26   #16
BHPian

re: VW Whitefield charges Rs.45000 for estimate | Quotes 22-lakhs to repair flood-damaged VW Polo

Really sad to read these experiences.Volkswagen and Skoda, I have no data to back up but the twins seem to have had the maximum amount of complaints and problems listed on this or other websites. Dealers, parts, vehicles and what not. But people still get taken in by their marketing spiel , opinion of experts and the so called driving experience. No one bothers to check that they have had really poor sales numbers the entire decade.If they are so good cars why is no one buying them How come newcomers steal such a quick march over them? It cant be only poor leadership or bad marketing and less dealership. There is something broken in their entire ecosystem. Hope new car buyers do some detailed study before buying any cars from them !
neerajku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:06   #17
BHPian

re: VW Whitefield charges Rs.45000 for estimate | Quotes 22-lakhs to repair flood-damaged VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
What will it take for the OEMs to crack down on such dealers. Why should anyone have to resort to social media outreach to ring bells? I stay walking distance away from VW Whitefield showroom and was tempted to book the Taigun instead of Kushaq as the VW service centre is behind the showroom while Skoda is further away. Now not booking either as I have been reading more horror stories about both the companies. Some things just don't change.
Attitude of VSAG is like: "we are doing you a favour by letting you buy our car you peasant. Now shut your trap and go away". That's the primary reason I avoid to buy or recommend their cars to anyone who loves their dignity and asks my two bit opinion.
They are internationally renowned for crap ASS. I suspect it flows down the hierarchy right from Bavaria.

Last edited by ASHUJNMC : 29th September 2022 at 13:07. Reason: Typing errors
ASHUJNMC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:35   #18
BHPian

Re: My Experience with VW Whitefield, Bangalore (Apple Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is s crazy ordeal! But I went through something similar in the Madras - Bangalore highway, midway between both cities in mid 2000.
You should probably check to see if the VW security system unlocks itself when you turn off the engine. If it does, this trick might work...
Its a good idea if it works. In case if it does not work, the car in ON position will kill the battery if I have to wait for the same time as I waited at the time of the ordeal.
I would recommend manual TSI Polo owners to give it a shot by stalling the car in gear to see if the car unlocks.
Old 29th September 2022, 13:44   #19
BHPian

This is the same dealer who I called to get the dimensions of wiper blades so that I could replace my broken blades. They repeatedly denied the information and asked me to drive to the workshop with broken blades. They did not budge even after I told them I don’t live in Bangalore anymore.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:57   #20
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

Guess what, things became worse, car locked itself out, with engine running in Bangalore traffic(Car was still on the side, but evening traffic was settling in). I have never seen a car locking itself when engine running and is stationary. Maybe VW's do this, excuse us as it was our first VW.
This Behaviour Might Be Due To ABS Error. The Car Auto-Locks The Doors When Speed Exceeds 15kmph. In Your Case, Due To ABS/Wheel Speed Sensor Error, Speedometer Needle Might Be Fluctuating Due To Erroneous Data From Failing Sensor Even When The Car is Stationary (Speedometer Needle Fluctuates A Lot Just Before ABS Light Comes On, Along With Brake Pedal Juddering And Car Jerking). That’s When Due To Fluctuations, The Needle Might Have Crossed 15kmph Mark And Doors Would've Locked Automatically.

Example:

Last edited by HMV : 29th September 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Added Illustrative Video
HMV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:16   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
VW Whitefield is nothing short of an ultimate disaster. My friends brand new 1.0 TSI got ABS + EPC error in his first 5 months and they demanded that we need to pay for the ABS sensors if we needed the car within a day. They took 4 days to replace the ABS sensor under warranty, no explanations why EPC error came(the car shut down in the middle of the road when EPC error came up and was a horrific experience).
I also had years to bad experience with them and even after writing back to VW, they have not changed a bit. I would say that their sales team and the showroom is good but the service is horrific.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2022 at 19:50. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
baridbej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 19:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is s crazy ordeal! But I went through something similar in the Madras - Bangalore highway, midway between both cities in mid 2000. My car had an aftermarket security system, and it locked me out when the engine was running

After some frantic cry for help to passerbys (phone was inside the car!), a mechanic stopped by - and promptly held the exhaust shut tightly. The engine choked and died din enough. And that wonderful clack of the doors unlocking followed

You should probably check to see if the VW security system unlocks itself when you turn off the engine. If it does, this trick might work...
Same happened with me. Vento with aftermarket remote lock.Tank was full.VW customer care straight away suggested to break window glass.Glass was really tough.Required 3-4 strong blows with a sledge hammer.The first hit literally bounced back from the glass. Next day replaced the glass.Total cost was less than 1500.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 05:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Guess what, things became worse, car locked itself out, with engine running in Bangalore traffic(Car was still on the side, but evening traffic was settling in). I have never seen a car locking itself when engine running and is stationary.
This would be because the ABS sensors are also the wheel speed sensors on these cars, and when a (singular) ABS sensor fails, the speedometer starts acting erratically until the ECU realizes that the sensor is sending back faulty readings (which will trigger the ABS warning light on the dashboard), triggering the auto door lock which happens above 20km/hr. I've mentioned this before, it would probably be a trivial act to fix those sensors for good but VAG doesn't seem to deem it to be mission-critical.

EDIT : I see that HMV has mentioned this earlier in the thread, I hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
We told them the car was running, on a corner of Bangalore traffic with full tank fuel and they responded that it will shut down when the fuel is empty.
How arrogant!!!
Quote:
Its not the fuel lost, its not the time we lost, its not how much we stood it rain, its the fact that VW Whitefield(Who were just 5 kms away from our location) said they cannot help and asked us to wait till next day morning(100% sure they wont do anything the next day morning as well). The mental agony that these fellows provide is second to none ! Never again VW, never again!
Completely agreed.

Last edited by rkv_2401 : 30th September 2022 at 05:33.
rkv_2401 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:46   #24
BHPian

It's the very reason I decided against ASC many years ago. It's a completely hopeless situation plagued with many such evils.

I was quoted on kachha paper an estimate of 2L for potential repairs when I had gone for routine servicing, this was pre-pandemic. This without asking for one as I had no time and no intention of spending a Rupee more than was necessary on an 8 year old car. Was spechless and I just stood there blank-faced ... brain got hanged needed master boot reset

The car's been running only because of a few FNGs and hopes and prayers that the original parts don't give out. As it's a manual, its ageing nicely though and I plan to give it a touch up + interior mods so it lasts another 5-7 years.
ankur_fox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 18:04   #25
BHPian

Re: VW Whitefield charges Rs.45000 for estimate | Quotes 22-lakhs to repair flood-damaged VW Polo

I am not even surprised with the uproar on Apple auto. Precisely why I have been sending my Polo for service more than 15kms away(even after living almost next door to Apple auto) to PPS Nagawara and am pretty satisfied with them.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 23:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Later in a week, ABS error kicked in again. This time it was a huge sound every time we braked. We suspected some debris got in between the pads and we got down to look. Guess what, things became worse, car locked itself out, with engine running in Bangalore traffic(Car was still on the side, but evening traffic was settling in).
Rightly explained by MKV & Rkv_2401.
This very same thing happened to me on our Polo. I had parked outside our house and left the engine idling while I went to close the gate. The speedo flickered and the car locked me out. Luckily I had to just go back into the house and get the spare key.
This occurs only when the front speed sensors are failing because the speed and door lock function data is taken from them. Eventually both the front ones on my car failed and I was driving around without a functional speedo for a few days!

Best solution when or if you know that the car has an ABS issue is to leave the driver door improperly shut when getting down.

Last edited by Clayton Crasto : 4th October 2022 at 23:43.
Clayton Crasto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 01:15   #27
BHPian

Re: VW Whitefield charges Rs.45000 for estimate | Quotes 22-lakhs to repair flood-damaged VW Polo

I had a 2011 vento Tdi, in 2018 it had problem and a error popped up, i then had it sent to the ASC in Hyd, pps motors.

They quoted me a bill of 1.75 lakhs for EGR and 5 other repairs for which the error was not the reason.

I said no way i paying for EGR which was quoted abnormally high. I Said find a solution. Which they did, they got soldering done and it was fine. ( The only good thing they ever did) The other 1 lakhs rupees of problem i was told my car had, never came.

Then sensor of the turbo went kaput, they quoted 1.5 lakhs and said need to change the full turbo. Absolutely crazy. Apparently sensor is not available seperately. Got used sensor for 1500 bucks and changed it outside.

Then in feb of this month Car caught fire. I knew ASC will Charge 500 per day as parking charges and 5% of estimate.

So i spoke to them even before getting my car that i am not paying that much. I asked them do it for 10k as i knew it would be a total loss in claim. Ended up paying 15k for bill which was 20k. For just an estimation.

Just bcoz i spoke to them before, i got reduced bill of estimation. Otherwise it would have been 50k atleast.

And as soon as i got estimation i picked the car up from the ASC and got it home so that atleast i dont get charged for parking as it took a month to get insurance claim done.

Bill for estimation and parking is ridiculous.
easterncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:21   #28
BHPian

What will it take for VW to certify FNGs that already are here and competent. It reduces service load and the same politicians that run dealerships can have a few shops. But all in all word travels fast and competent workshops get highlighted.
arbardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 14:57   #29

As a fellow Polo 1.0 TSI MT owner myself, I can say with absolute certainty the car doesn’t auto lock if the the key is in the ignition(unless the ABS sensor said it is going above 20kmph). ASC usually leaves the key in the car when I hand it over for service and the car never locks. The car will auto lock only if it’s unlocked and no doors have been opened for 20seconds or so, it assumes you unlocked by mistake.

In this particular instance the ABS might not have been replaced by Apple Auto and was probably just cleaned and put back. Leading to the subsequent failure. From reports that came out last year, VW had finally redesigned the ABS sensors and from October last year the replacement units were of the new design. I myself faced an ABS issue after driving through some puddles and when I went to replace them in kochi, they said it will be the new pieces. I have driven 20000km since then and have driven through a lot worse road conditions and to this day the ABS sensor hasn’t failed(knock on wood).

The EVM service centers in Ernakulam have been pretty satisfactory for me. They said it’s company policy for the car to be held for one day when doing warranty claims. I dropped it off one afternoon and got it back the next morning. Their service and response has been top notch.
Apolo4409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 21:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
Volkswagen Polo owner shares his horrible dealership experience

Credit: Rushlane
@Moderators : Please move to relevant thread if required

Attachment 2361588
This is a German car, solid build, safety, status. But what can you do when it breaks down? Excuse me, you are in India and after-sales service is not handled by the crooks at the sales, who always add sir to your name, to swindle you. It is unacceptable by any stretch of imagination. Should we pay our money to buy their problematic auto gearbox? Should we thank them for cheating us? I too have a Polo but it's old and I have my FNG. My heart goes out to you sir after seeing the way you wind up the post. Cheats they are.
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks