Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 01:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
remember the fate of the chevy srv...hence the tail was a hastily done job....

There are other reasons though for the fate of the SRV other than the lack of the boot. However compare the successes (relative) of the Palio with respect to the Sedan and Estate version.
Old 4th July 2007, 01:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

the previous generation 5-series was a timeless design. elegance personified, untill Chris Bangle walked into the design studio. Some of the British and Italian marques still maintain a balanced design philosophy.

A company that needs to fire its entire design team is the Korean Ssangyong. Have a look....disclaimer: images may not be suitable to those of you who are not in total control of your emotions.

Ssangyong Motors
Old 4th July 2007, 02:20   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Drawing from GTO well the SX4 was concieved as a pure 2box 3door hatch supposed to perform on any terrain and with a rally bent of mind...but then Suzuki had to sell it in India and the untold truth is that none in this country wud pay so much for a car that doesnt have a boot ie.remember the fate of the chevy srv...hence the tail was a hastily done job....
SX4 sedan was first introduced in China.
We got it much after that.
Old 4th July 2007, 03:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
A company that needs to fire its entire design team is the Korean Ssangyong. Have a look....disclaimer: images may not be suitable to those of you who are not in total control of your emotions.

Ssangyong Motors
Well I seriously have issues controlling my emotions anyways gathered the courage to go to their website by clicking on that link...saw the names of the models and I understood wat to expect and hit alt+F4....
Old 4th July 2007, 17:30   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

@GTO - How about the Cedia in the current lot - that still looks low-slung?
Yup, the Cedia looks great (except for the quirky nose).

Quote:
To me best car designs are best termed as boxy, W123, W124,W126 (Mercedes') E30 E36 E34 (BMWs) just to name a few.
Quote:
the previous generation 5-series was a timeless design. elegance personified, untill Chris Bangle walked into the design studio.
Totally and wholeheartedly agreed! The E39, W124/6 and W140 look awesome today and much better than their current gen siblings. Its fascinating to think how these designs have aged so well; they still turn heads 20 years after introduction.

Just how many of the current designs have grace in them? Will look great in 2027? BAH!
Old 4th July 2007, 17:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Even i like box type design ..rugged and sporty ,dont like the smooth curves :|
Old 6th July 2007, 11:49   #22
BHPian

the boxy designs are easily elegant on big cars - typically the americans. we've seen how our sense of aesthetics grates against small ones imitating them - the logan, for example.

of course, apart from the civic, lancer, cedia, OHC, baleno (hope no one expects me to justify it everytime i say a baleno's beautiful! it surely is to me.) there are not many sedans that i would love to spend my money on. the interiors get better and so do the cars, but the designs take it all away.

heck, how on earth can u get emotional with a car unless it isn't ugly!?
Old 3rd August 2007, 09:29   #23
BHPian

***the actual idea of this thread was posting of Original designs by members***

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks