Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:16   #1
BHPian

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023

TATA MOTORS has announced its insight into AUTOEXPO 2023.

They have thrown a glimpse of what they are about to show this time. The theme is paradigm shift towards green movement and connected car technology.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-20221223_160424.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-20221223_160337.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-20221223_160407.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-20221223_160347.jpg

ADAS to be introduced in the TATA cars with Harrier and Safari will likely be the first to get it.

Tata will also showcase a hydrogen-powered prototype mostly in CVs as TATA-CUMMINS has setup a new JV in mass production of Hydrogen engineering.

TWITTER - GREEN TECHNOLOGY TATA MOTORS

What all can we expect at this Auto Expo 2023?

Electric cars
PUNCH EV
CURVV EV
SIERRA EV

Petrol cars
HARRIER?
SEDAN
>4M SUV

Lets see what's in store. I have booked my tickets for the AUTOEXPO 2023 for day 1. Waiting for all the excitement in offer!!

Mod Note: Our Tata Motors Auto Expo 2023 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th January 2023 at 19:50. Reason: Link to report added
DRPSREDDY is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 21:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023

So the updated Safari/Harrier will definitely be there.

Hopefully the upcoming lineup will have the potential to put Tata comfortably in the no.2 position above Hyundai.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Catch the Tata Curvv & Avinya concepts at Auto Expo 2023

Tata Motors took the wraps off two new concept cars in April last year. Both concepts will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2023, giving the general public their first glimpse of Tata’s future EVs.

Name:  download 81.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  24.2 KB

The Curvv concept previews the brand’s 2nd-gen EV architecture. The car has a futuristic look with an LED light bar stretching across the front fascia, square-ish wheel arches and short front and rear overhangs. The bold rear facia houses an LED light bar that gives it a distinct look.

The interior of the Curvv electric SUV concept looks minimalistic with dual screens and a new 2-spoke steering wheel. It also gets haptic HVAC controls instead of the more conventional buttons and knobs.

Tata’s second-gen EV architecture supports multiple battery and electric motor configurations. The production version is estimated to offer a maximum range of 400-500 km on a single charge.

Name:  download 80.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  19.9 KB

The Tata Avinya concept is based on the brand’s Gen 3 EV architecture. The new platform will spawn a family of EVs, and the production version of the Avinya is expected to hit the market by 2025.

The Gen 3 EV architecture is said to offer next-generation connectivity and advanced driver assistance systems. The battery will support ultra-fast charging, estimated to provide 500 km of range in under 30 minutes.

Source: Autocar India

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd January 2023 at 17:57.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 01:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
It also gets haptic HVAC controls instead of the more conventional buttons and knobs.
The Nissan Ariya has this and it's classic form over function. Extremely difficult to get it right with a no look press, especially when driving.

Alright, granted a button free clean and sweeping dash looks cool but it's terrible UX.

Manufacturers are increasingly trying these quirks in their EV lineups to differentiate them from ICE counterparts.

@Tata.EV kindly beta test the haptic concept with control groups please !

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 4th January 2023 at 01:14.
digitalnirvana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 23:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

The X0 based Tiago has completed 6 years. The X1 based Nexon has completed 5 years. I am wondering when will they make the big switch to ALFA platform.

With all their current EV cars based on X-x platform, and the Tiago ev being just launched, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

But, I am hoping they might show us a glimpse of what lies ahead.

Also hoping, desperately, to see the Sierra in a near production avatar.

The Punch EV checks so many boxes for me, but I will still wait for the Sierra EV. Might be worth streching the budget
ashutoshb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 23:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The X0 based Tiago has completed 6 years. The X1 based Nexon has completed 5 years. I am wondering when will they make the big switch to ALFA platform.
My thoughts too have been the same. Shift to modular platform is still seems long time ahead.

Quote:
Also hoping, desperately, to see the Sierra in a near production avatar.

The Punch EV checks so many boxes for me, but I will still wait for the Sierra EV. Might be worth streching the budget
Thought I have bought the NEXON EV MAX, I am keenly waiting for the update on SIERRA EV. Let's see what's going to come up this AUTOEXPO.
Old 6th January 2023, 08:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Rumour has it that the Harrier EV and Safari EV are going to be unveiled at the Auto Expo.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-fb_img_1672975687598.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:27   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Rumour has it that the Harrier EV and Safari EV are going to be unveiled at the Auto Expo.
Work on the Harrier EV is ongoing, meanwhile Safari EV has been sidelined for now. So there is a <50% chance for the Harrier EV to be there but no chance for the Safari EV to be on display.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 6th January 2023 at 10:29.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 10:32   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata’s answer to Hyundai's i20 N Line to be revealed at Auto Expo 2023 - Tata Altroz Sport

Quote:
the Altroz Sport variant, which will debut at Auto Expo 2023, will boast the Nexon’s 120PS, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with its manual gearbox
Quote:
Tata Altroz Sport variant to debut at Auto Expo 2023.
120PS turbo-petrol engine will make it the most powerful Altroz ever.
Will get cosmetic tweaks to stand out from regular Altroz.
No changes underneath the skin expected when it comes to handling.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th January 2023 at 10:35.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 12:56   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata’s answer to Hyundai's i20 N Line to be revealed at Auto Expo 2023 - Tata Altroz Sport
Looking at Tara's history of showing sports variants of the Indica and Indica Vista all through the 2000s, will believe when it comes on sale.

Glad that Tata found a way to plonk the 6 speed transmission in the Altroz, given their inability to do so in the Altroz diesel and i-turbo.
DicKy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 13:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it has anything to do with the i20N. With the upcoming regulations in April, it makes sense to consolidate the engines lineup. Tata may offer the turbo engine in only the 120PS spec for both the Nexon and Altroz. It should be the same for the 1.5L diesel engine too if they continue to offer it on the Altroz.
safari_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 14:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:

With all their current EV cars based on X-x platform, and the Tiago ev being just launched, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

But, I am hoping they might show us a glimpse of what lies ahead.
Add to that, the Nexon based coupe SUV based on the same X1 platform. They had their entire line up face lifted in 2020, and its 2023 now. They need to understand, even if their models are selling well, they need to launch some major facelifts or get the next gen models soon. But they had announced that the next gen models will be based on the new platform. I guess the EV revolution changed a lot of things. The ALFA platform is so capable, Tata needs to have multiple models built on it, and it would benefit both them and the people.

They have always been showing what's in the future. Different platforms or concepts. But no production spec cars. They did not have any new launches in 2022 (I am not talking about the electrification of existing models). Let's see what they exhibit this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I wish they might as well answer to the venue spec diesel in i20. But i am sure as hell they is going to be a surge in prices.

Last edited by Benoit : 7th January 2023 at 14:32.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 17:42   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed opportunity IMO, given the fact altroz diesel is going to be discontinued.

Altroz diesel in nexon's tune of 110 PS & 260 Nm mated to that smooth 6 speed MT would have been a cracker, while also being Uber efficient.

Nexon's 1.2 turbo petrol isn't very exciting from my experience.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 20:17   #14
BHPian

Punch was the last model launch from TATA, not considering EV variants of already existing ICE cars. Wish they provide some timeline regarding ALFA platform based cars in the future at Auto Expo. X0, X1 platform is too old now. Nexon will benefit a lot by switching to ALFA platform. Harrier EV will be nice. And Punch EV might end up killing Nexon EV and Tigor EV if they price it under 12L. Let's wait and watch, only few days left for Auto Expo.
One thing that i want TATA to do the most is to refresh their engines. This is the best time to upgrade their engines aligning with BS6 Stage 2.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited by ramotra3 : 7th January 2023 at 20:19.
ramotra3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 23:03   #15
BHPian

Haven't heard or read anything on the Sierra concept they showed last time. No news of any production version specs, no test mules spotted. Wonder what is happening on that front.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks