Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 23:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hi, Guys,

I'am interested to buy SX4 I have TD'ed and I kike the car...as my budget is around 7L, and the FE in city is around 9kmpl, can I fit in a LPG to get more VFM (in terms of FE).....
hi,
go on my friend no problem at all in SX4 for lpg. I have converted one SX4 and it has excellent result. You will get minimum power loss in it than any other car converted on lpg. Its engine design system is very suitable to run on lpg.Its air filter design and ignition system are very gas fuel friendly.i have converted it on just odo reading of 536.
but do consider warranty issue. my personal advice is that u will do more saving by using lpg as fuel which in turn is ur warrenty. understand my point. and there are very few benefits of modern warranty with that * sign and terms and condition. its not that much benefited to u than savings on using lpg.
as ajo told, there is no approval of rto for it and it will take some time. i have converted is as no traffic police will stop the car of this segment for gas kit check.
furthur its your choice
nirav
Old 12th July 2007, 00:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Are you saying that a FE conscious person should not drive the SX4 ? IIRC, I think all the vehicles in Buckingham palace run on LPG.
The FE conscious person should wait for the SX4 diesel, is what I am saying. Diesels rule !! Buckingham palace be damned !

Never liked the LPG vehicles, that is why. Ignore my opinion, I am just a Common rail diesel fan speaking.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nirav,

What MAKE do you suggest? Lovato make or any others? Pls do inform whether you have any information on good gas fitters here in Bangalore and do give me the contact nos. You can PM one on the above.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:44   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraauto View Post
hi,
go on my friend no problem at all in SX4 for lpg. I have converted one SX4 and it has excellent result. You will get minimum power loss in it than any other car converted on lpg. Its engine design system is very suitable to run on lpg.Its air filter design and ignition system are very gas fuel friendly.i have converted it on just odo reading of 536.
but do consider warranty issue. my personal advice is that u will do more saving by using lpg as fuel which in turn is ur warrenty. understand my point. and there are very few benefits of modern warranty with that * sign and terms and condition. its not that much benefited to u than savings on using lpg.
as ajo told, there is no approval of rto for it and it will take some time. i have converted is as no traffic police will stop the car of this segment for gas kit check.
furthur its your choice
nirav
how much would it cost to install lpg kit for sx4? and between cng and lpg kits, which one is better and why?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks