Team-BHP - Poll: The Chevy Magnum or the Honda Civic?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Poll: The Chevy Magnum or the Honda Civic? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26266-poll-chevy-magnum-honda-civic-4.html)

News of Optra TCDi Automatic is in the latest issue of AutoCar India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 521744)
News of Optra TCDi Automatic is in the latest issue of AutoCar India.

Do they also outline any expected date by which it should be out?

Optra Magnum would be my choice in given poll but still Civic do attracts me a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 510251)
UPDATE : Magnum is coming with 5 Speed Auto box to take on the Civic Auto and Octavia Auto

there are very few who buy a octavia AUTo as it SUCKS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 521755)
there are very few who buy a octavia AUTo as it SUCKS.

How come?! Do elaborate the negatives for our convenience.

regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSV (Post 521768)
How come?! Do elaborate the negatives for our convenience.

regards

when you drive one. . . you obviously get the comfort of an auto, but when you put ur foot down to accelerate the computer in the car takes atlest 3 seconds to understand that that acc pedal has been gunned and hence it needs to downshift for highher acceleration.

and also becase of the auto, the acceleration has become even slower.

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 521775)
when you drive one. . . you obviously get the comfort of an auto, but when you put ur foot down to accelerate the computer in the car takes atlest 3 seconds to understand that that acc pedal has been gunned and hence it needs to downshift for highher acceleration.

cheers

huh ? are you serious. Dude i love the DSG and i think its the only thing after Octavia shape i like in that car. The engine reponse to the throttle is something i like in this car.

Quote:

when you put ur foot down to accelerate the computer in the car takes atlest 3 seconds to understand that that acc pedal has been gunned and hence it needs to downshift for highher acceleration.

Thats how automatics work. This isn't a Octavia specific problem. BUT, have you driven the DSG equipped Laura? Try it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 521816)
huh ? are you serious. Dude i love the DSG and i think its the only thing after Octavia shape i like in that car. The engine reponse to the throttle is something i like in this car.

He is talking about the Octavia Automatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 521775)

cheers

Oh No!! If that is the case in the Magnum Auto too then it would be a real bummer. Because I was hoping that by putting an automatic in the Magnum the intial turbo lags which it normally suffers would be negated. Lets see what comes out of it.

VFM probably Magnum would win... but then the snob value, the interiors, the exteriors and the sheer delight of ownership?? I guess Civic would win there... If we are all that concerned about FE then I guess it is better to go for a petrol car which is down a class from Civic... I quite agree with the line of thought above that an Optra Mag basically would hint that one went for efficiency that sheer performance and snobbiness...

I vote for the Civic 'coz I already bought it 2 weeks back :-). I am not regretting, it is an awesome car and I love the Driver seat position (it took me 10 days to set that :-) LOL )

I liked the rear seating in Magnum, it was so comfy.

Its Civic all the way. Optra, whether a magnum or not, is still just a chevy. And all chevys have 1 common problem. They all try to hard to be desireable, they try to be a sports luxury saloon....but it just cannot cut the cake. Its bulky and made keeping fat cheese-eating americans in mind.

But thats only when its compared to the honda civic which got my vote with no competition.

the magnum for me. why? very simply because our main car runs about 4000 - 5000 kms min a month.

Hard decision.... Finally Magnum for me for VFM

I am right now in the process of deciding between the Magnum, Octavia (Classic) and Civic.
I might go in favour of Civic primarily because of the futuristic looks and the resale value.
I am told that Chevy's have a dreadful resale value and the service (atleast in Bangalore) is nothing to write home about.