Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2004, 18:50   #16
BANNED

Hi tarun, U'r thinking on the same lines as i was anout 2 months back. Initially i went mad looking for a honda city (1.3/1.5) !! Then just as I shifted my choice 2 the palio 1.6, this add came up on xbhp.com and I called Vivek, as he is married to my cousin I got him down to 2.3, others I wud have gotten down to 2.1 !! I know how he keeps his cars, so paying a lil extra didnt pinch-- atleast I knew what i was getting !!

U wont believe this but I think every car dealer in dli has my number, they think I'm stupid and mad looking for a 1.6 with an avg of 7 -- how do i xplain to them power was what i was looking for.

In august I'm planning to buy a honda city, again second hand !! If you need help, let me know -- i'll find one for you !! I know plenty of dealers who will get u the best deal --- and no commission !!!
Old 7th July 2004, 15:06   #17
BHPian

Hey Khaadu , of course thanks ! Most likely it would be in Aug. I'll get in touch
with u. Honeslty i am quite suspicious of buying cars from dealers dont know
wht's in store. If the car is from someone really known you are quite assured.
Hey How much is the price does normally pay for a city... any idea ?
Old 7th July 2004, 16:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

hey khaadu
good deal
im holdin on to my palio at least until i get a better price of atleast 4 lak.
i went to shaman and the offered only 1.5 l for it .........
but any way
since i am not buying a new car i wonder if this baby will work till she is 10 years old.
Old 7th July 2004, 16:43   #19
BANNED

u bet she will last 10 yrs, as long as u treat her with respect. Service her regularly and ride ( oops drive ) her well and she wont give u no probs ..
Old 7th July 2004, 17:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ July 07 2004,14:55)]i went to shaman and the offered only 1.5 l for it .........
just 1.5 L for a palio 1.6 ...holy s@#t...these car dealers are the biggest crooks i feel....

btw lambo can we have some more details bout' ur palio ?

~A
Old 7th July 2004, 18:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (khaadu75 @ June 30 2004,15:57)]I agree with whoever says that Palio takes a hit in the second hand market ! But for me that worked in my favor, I got a 1.6 fully loaded with brand new tubeless tyres, accident free, giving an average of 9.5 (city/ac) though just for the first day -- coz after that my heavy foot took over and I'm not even wanting 2 calculate now !! All this for 2.2, forgot 2 mention extended warranty, insurance,etc ... the only thiong was the color( white), i looked for black/red but just didnt find one ! Now this car will stay with me for the next 5-7 yrs and I know its gonna b gud enuff then 2 !!
So anyone who says that palio takes a beating, listen to him and run to the nearest second hand car dealer in ur area, u just mite get a gud piece !!!
palio is a grt car no doubt in tht.. also u can have gr8 deals even at karol bagh or model town !!!
Old 7th July 2004, 18:10   #22
BHPian

even one of mine friend got a ikon flair - 2002 make for around 2.25 lk... sound gr8 deal to me !!!!
Old 7th July 2004, 19:50   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i went to shaman and the offered only 1.5 l for it .........
A lac and a half? ONLY? For a 100 bhp machine? How much is Shaman going to make on that resale?

GTO
Old 8th July 2004, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Guys, hearing all these deals. Iam being tempted to lookin for a used 1.6 gtx for around 2lacs.
As iam from bangalore and in here the prices quoted are very high for palio. so i was wonderng is it worth getting one from mumbai or delhi. As I am not aware of the transactions of RTO, can someone please inform some details about this and also is it worth it?
Old 10th July 2004, 17:13   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
ive got a stock palio .
no changes
has a pioneer keh 7025 sys withg 300 w 4 way spkrs at back and 120 w in front
unless fiat decides to relaunch the 1.6 or the resale rises to around 4l im not sellin it
when i showed them the car it had done only 10000km
its done 23000 now and im gettin 3 lak for it at the moment so i guess the resale is going up
slow an steady .
Old 14th July 2004, 00:43   #26

palio is one of the best cars in the indian market. it has amazing features that no other car has in the b hatch back segment. but the car lost its charm because of fiats indian operations. but palio is gaining popularity. it will get one of the best resale values in another one year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks