Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 13:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz CNG to be launched on April 19, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I haven't used the spare wheel in my Tiago in last 5 years. Tata is also provides puncture repair kit with every car they sell. So no spare wheel will not be much problem i.m.o.
A burst tyre cannot be patched with a repair kit, if you haven't experienced it, it doesn't mean someone else won't.

It is something like carrying medicines when you're going for a long trip, you aren't sick but we still carry them for just in case, similar goes for a innumerable things.

Removing spare wheel is a major issue and we don't need to be supporting manufacturers for making critical decisions like this.
revvharder is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 15:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Also, if there's no spare wheel what am i supposed to do in case of a tyre burst on an expressway or in the middle of no where. Spare wheel is something which is not used on a daily basis but should be always there in case of emergency.
I am really hoping there is no clause which forbids a buyer to buy a spare and keep it in the boot.

EDIT: Never mind, there is a spare wheel, Innova style.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 20th April 2023 at 15:35.
ashutoshb is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 19:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Never mind, there is a spare wheel, Innova style.
This was my query too, good to see the spare wheel being present. However how in the world is that spare wheel supposed to be removed by a single person on the roadside?
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 20:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
EDIT: Never mind, there is a spare wheel, Innova style.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tUZPgzu39tM
That is a breath of fresh air , it's really innovative of Tata to put such a package together. I really think they should incorporate the location of spare wheel in their ads/promotion.

While I know that Maruti is a stubborn and spoiled child and we really can't expect it from them, but I hope that such type of implementation by Tata makes other manufacturers to go this route as well.
revvharder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 22:19   #20
BHPian

Altroz is like the experimental car for TaMo. Alpha platform, DCA and now Twin CNG come to Altroz.

Waiting for the Racer version with Turbo + DCA + Big screen. Will be able to sell more and compete with i20 and Baleno.
sharathkamath04 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 23:04   #21
BHPian

Tata Motors has very smartly integrated CNG technology on Altroz. Many segment 1st features implemented by taking care of all the shortcomings any CNG owner has been facing for years and years.

Very good space management by taking care of luggage space and spare tyre placement. I'm sure people will be impressed with this methodology, especially the customers in Delhi-NCR region where petrol vehicles have been dominating the sales. With the decrease in CNG price + overcoming years of usual CNG shortcomings + mileage, this should sell more.

I think Tata motors will apply this type of CNG integration to all of their CNG-equipped future cars.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 20th April 2023 at 23:23.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why not put the spare in the same place in the regular Altroz and give customers a bigger boot? Or is the spare in that location an issue for GC?
Old 26th April 2023, 18:24   #23

Any idea of hw much CNG can be filled into the tanks. I couldn't find this info.
Old 26th April 2023, 21:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu67 View Post
Any idea of hw much CNG can be filled into the tanks. I couldn't find this info.
It's 60 litres in total, 30 litres in each tank.
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 21:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu67 View Post
Maximum 9-10 Kgs of CNG (4-5 kgs in each cylinder) if the pressure at the CNG station is really good. In Delhi, majority of the IGL pumps have 200-210 bars of pressure. Assuming 10 Kgs of CNG on a full refill, you can easily get a range of 200-250 kms.
TB16 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz iCNG brochure leaked; 3 variants get sunroof

Last month, Tata Motors opened its order books for the Altroz iCNG. As per the brochure, the car will be available in six variants, with half of them getting an electric sunroof option.

Tata Altroz CNG to be launched on April 19, 2023-screenshot-20230502-110902.jpg

The Altroz iCNG will be offered in XE, XM+, XM+ (S), XZ, XZ+ (S) and XZ+ O (S) trims. Out of these the XM+ (S), XZ+ (S) and XZ+ O (S) variants will be offered with an electric sunroof with voice assist.

Tata Altroz CNG to be launched on April 19, 2023-screenshot-20230502-110924.jpg

The base XE trim is rather sparsely equipped. Apart from the standard safety features, it gets a 4-inch digital instrument cluster. The XM+ variant gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with 4 speakers, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, steering-mounted controls, voice assist, What3Words navigation, central locking, remote keyless entry, electric foldable ORVMs as well as front and rear USB sockets.

Tata Altroz CNG to be launched on April 19, 2023-screenshot-20230502-110946.jpg

The top-spec XZ+ O (S) variant is expected to be offered with leather seats, Brake Sway Control, a rearview camera with dynamic guideways, auto headlamps, a rear fog lamp, height adjustable front seat belts, an 8-speaker audio system, connected car tech with Remote Vehicle Control through Smartphone, TPMS, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, an air purifier, and a wireless charger.

Tata Altroz CNG to be launched on April 19, 2023-screenshot-20230502-111015.jpg

The Altroz iCNG uses the same 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine as the standard Altroz. It makes 84 BHP and 113 Nm when running on petrol and 76 BHP and 103 Nm in CNG mode.

Thanks to Shashwat for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2023 at 19:14.
TusharK is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:10   #27
BHPian

As per the brochure, the iCNG also gets a shark fin antenna and front and rear USB charging which makes me wonder when will Tata update the features list to the regular models
AbhishekNigam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 19:33   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
As per the brochure, the iCNG also gets a shark fin antenna and front and rear USB charging which makes me wonder when will Tata update the features list to the regular models
There is a possibility that they might silently bring the same to the regular models as well. When the Tiago i-CNG came out, the regular Tiago also got the newly added DRLs and Projector Head lamps and all the chrome bling that the i-CNG got.

I remember this correctly because we had booked the regular Tiago before the launch of the i-CNG and the Service Advisor called me to ask if I would like to update my booking to get a April MY 22 car with these features at an additional 22k (onroad) or continue with the existing booking an get the car sooner.

Since we were in no hurry to get the car, we took the deal.
XLR8.443 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 19:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8.443 View Post
There is a possibility that they might silently bring the same to the regular models as well. When the Tiago i-CNG came out, the regular Tiago also got the newly added DRLs and Projector Head lamps and all the chrome bling that the i-CNG got.

I remember this correctly because we had booked the regular Tiago before the launch of the i-CNG and the Service Advisor called me to ask if I would like to update my booking to get a April MY 22 car with these features at an additional 22k (onroad) or continue with the existing booking an get the car sooner.

Since we were in no hurry to get the car, we took the deal.
That’s promising. I’m looking to get the iTurbo varient as I thought the Racer would be launched soon but since that’s not going to happen, I would have to stick to the iTurbo.

Air purifier and rear USB charging is a good addition but would have preferred the new infotainment from Harrier/Safari with Nexon tune engine and 6 speed gearbox.

Last edited by AbhishekNigam : 2nd May 2023 at 20:18. Reason: Grammer
Old 3rd May 2023, 17:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post

That’s promising. I’m looking to get the iTurbo varient as I thought the Racer would be launched soon but since that’s not going to happen, I would have to stick to the iTurbo.

Air purifier and rear USB charging is a good addition but would have preferred the new infotainment from Harrier/Safari with Nexon tune engine and 6 speed gearbox.
I believe, the new infotainment system will come as part of the altroz racer. I suggest you stick to the racer edition. It's superior in every respect.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed