Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 13:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier production crosses the 1 lakh unit milestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Different body? Really?

It is a win in my books that an Indian brand has consistent sales in a price segment that people would be more reluctant to part with their money....
Tata Harrier production crosses the 1 lakh unit milestone-images-19.jpeg

Different body as far as I see, atleast from the rear C pillar onwards. Whereas the 5 seater XUV700 and 7 seater are basically the same vehicle. And it is not like TATA has named it as Harrier/Harrier+ or Harrier coupe/Harrier. They have named it differently and didn't want anything to do with the Harrier name when the Safari was launched.

Both the cars in this discussion are from Indian brands, win enough for me.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 16:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Different body as far as I see, atleast from the rear C pillar onwards. Whereas the 5 seater XUV700 and 7 seater are basically the same vehicle.
This is an automotive forum where everyone knows that the Safari and Harrier are the same barring a redesigned rear end to accomodate the last row of seats. Hence they are called the twins.

Same goes with the Hector.

The XUV700 may be more in demand but till they can't deliver it will continue to be compared on actual delivered numbers against the Harrier/ Safari twins and the Hector twins.

Let's acknowledge that this is a refreshing change for Tata to pull consistent numbers for a premium offering instead of "but xxx is best". Kudos to both manufacturers for standing up to competition in this segment.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 17:11   #18
BHPian

Boy oh boy, the comments up here. We won't go easy on tata, will we?

Anyhow, i feel it's a milestone for TATA because there are many like me who wouldn't have entertained the idea of owning a TATA vehicle let along purchase one that costs almost 25 lacs.

I think it's a win for Indian Manufacturer and if this in someway promotes them to pour in more efforts to deliver a better product then why not?

Harrier is a 4 year old product but it's not like they have let it stay like that without any improvement whatsoever. They have been adding features and facelift is on horizon.

Hope to see XUV 700 and ScorpioN touch the milestone soon as well!

Last edited by BleueNinja : 21st May 2023 at 17:22.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 22:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Boy oh boy, the comments up here. We won't go easy on tata, will we?

Anyhow, i feel it's a milestone for TATA because there are many like me who wouldn't have entertained the idea of owning a TATA vehicle let along purchase one that costs almost 25 lacs.

I think it's a win for Indian Manufacturer and if this in someway promotes them to pour in more efforts to deliver a better product then why not?

Harrier is a 4 year old product but it's not like they have let it stay like that without any improvement whatsoever. They have been adding features and facelift is on horizon.

Hope to see XUV 700 and ScorpioN touch the milestone soon as well!
It indeed is a milestone. Tata's turnaround has been nothing short of a miracle. Not long ago, some even wrote obituary of Tata Motors. But,..they rose like a phoenix. Who ever thought they would be selling a car costing close to 30 lakhs ( Safari) so successfully which even Koreans struggle to and Maruti is yet to.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 03:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
And even when they actually made superbly capable and sorted products like Hexa and Safari Store, hardly anyone was open to buying them.
Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as I recall you own a Hexa. I have driven Hexa and I own Harrier. I can say based on my limited knowledge that Hexa is all around a better vehicle than Harrier. Now, this question is for all learned folks on forum, What could have Tata done differently with Hexa that would have worked for in its favour? Was Hexa a right product at the wrong time ?
Old 22nd May 2023, 04:06   #21
BHPian

It is a great achievement by Harrier for Tata. When it was launched and due to some niggles nearly everyone on the forum was critical of it and predicted its failure when MG Hector was launched ,due to various feel good features in Hector. I was the one who was confident about it and even wrote iback in this forum,that eventually in a long run it will succeed and will surpass Hector in sales. I am happy that my prediction has come true because the company tried to rectify its niggles. It clicked because Harrier had handsome,brute looks,good engine and underpinnings which made it fundamentally strong package.

Last edited by Sandeep500 : 22nd May 2023 at 04:08.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 07:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

We are celebrating the big boys yes , but lets not forget Nexon's success in a more competitive environment, which has pushed the envelope for TML. This car really balances out the portfolio, between the hatchbacks and the SUVs.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:08   #23
BHPian

Came to this thread reading the title and thought it will be full of praises and appreciations, but somehow has gone off topic into Tata vs Mahindra debate.

Would just say, competent products expands the market and it is the customer who benefits.
As enthusiasts we should be equally happy for both homegrown OEMs, for having established themselves in a premium segment.
S.MJet is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks