Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is 'car of your choice' in Entry level C segment?
Hyundai Accent 35 22.01%
Ford Ikon 22 13.84%
Renault Logan 38 23.90%
Maruti Esteem 35 22.01%
TATA Indigo 29 18.24%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2007, 13:51   #61
BHPian

None of the cars excite me!
But if it has to be one, I would take the new(!) Ikon in jeans blue colour.

Last edited by markiv : 28th July 2007 at 13:53.
Old 28th July 2007, 16:00   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, I recently did make a choice in this segment and picked up the Indigo diesel. I wanted a car that is 100% driven by the driver for transportation from point A to B. It really delivers where the promise is; good room, great comfort and low running costs.
Old 28th July 2007, 16:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

looking at the votes for the logan , it is quite surprising cause once there was a thread calling the logan logoff . ofcource i know it is renamed now .
Old 28th July 2007, 16:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

i believe the Amby also belongs to the same group,i ve heard from many people that the rear seat of the amby is more comfortable than any car mentioned above.is it true? sounds weird to me...has anybody ever checked this and felt the same?
Old 28th July 2007, 16:36   #65
BHPian

My vote for Logan. Just for the space it offers. I feel people who want to go for Swift/UVA/Getz can give a serious thought to go for this sedan, with good boot space, good space within the car. Good to see many Logans on road in Bangy.
Old 28th July 2007, 17:36   #66
BHPian

accent - nothing to like or hate about this car..... its just tooo dull and tooo boring for me to bother forming an opinion about it..... and its korean.
ikon - 1.6 was quite powerful. very driver oriented and was great on highways but a useless A.S.S and an atrociously expensive spares list this car certainly showed its true colous after a year or two.
indigo - very spacious interior. economical diesel. perfect to be driven in. sort of horrendous to drive. cheap and good A.S.S. refinement not what you'd expect.
logan - boxy looks. looks like it came as a part of a do-it-yourself kit. being supported by mahindra was good news and drives pretty well too. safety features are impressive. certainly the second best car on this poll.
esteem - fall in love all over again! cosy interior(i'm being nice its actually bloody cramped) styling over 2 decades old but that peppy engine more than makes up for it. still a good looker. cheap to buy cheap to run and cheap to maintain. perfect recipe for a entry level winner!

i voted for the esteem!
Old 28th July 2007, 18:43   #67
BHPian

My vote is for Esteem too. The Logan is not VFM compared to it.
Old 28th July 2007, 22:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

I am in Kerala right now and one of the fun things in this trip was ripping my Dad's new Swift (ofcourse he does not know the ripping part - he thinks I went for a drive ).

Given that the Swift has the Esteem's engine, I know why the Esteem is loved so much. I did close to 50kmph in 1st gear, and in 2nd gear, went up to 85kmph. It could easily do 100 in 2nd, but I ran out of road (this is a small town and not very safe for high speed driving).

If this is the fun on a 1010kg car, I can imagine how it would be on the 925kg Esteem. If the joy of driving is a parameter, none of the others would come close to the magic of Esteem. I did not feel like moving to 3rd gear or above.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Given that the Swift has the Esteem's engine, I know why the Esteem is loved so much. I did close to 50kmph in 1st gear, and in 2nd gear, went up to 85kmph. It could easily do 100 in 2nd, but I ran out of road (this is a small town and not very safe for high speed driving).

If this is the fun on a 1010kg car, I can imagine how it would be on the 925kg Esteem. If the joy of driving is a parameter, none of the others would come close to the magic of Esteem. I did not feel like moving to 3rd gear or above.
Trust me, it is a bliss to take the car from 20kph in 3rd to 140kph without changing gears or to take it from 40kph to 120kph in 2nd.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:59   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Trust me, it is a bliss to take the car from 20kph in 3rd to 140kph without changing gears or to take it from 40kph to 120kph in 2nd.
That must be on the carbed version with the old ratios. The new MPFI ones do 100 in 2nd gear tops.
Old 29th July 2007, 00:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
That must be on the carbed version with the old ratios. The new MPFI ones do 100 in 2nd gear tops.
You're right, mine is a carb. Haven't tested a MPFI yet.
Old 29th July 2007, 01:36   #72
Team-BHP Support

my vote goes to esteem for its engine, reliability and cheap manitenance cost. It could be better if it was a bit more safe.
Old 29th July 2007, 12:30   #73
BHPian

Guys...

what has gotten into you ....
Logan IS LEADING...!!!!
I know many of you who have voted for it might argue with me... but I think it is the worst made cars that has been launched in india...
What does renault think of india....
In india Bently sold its 10 cars within a week of its launch..
we have lambo's running and every possible car avalaible out .
Why launch this box in india.... I dont know how gud this car is to drive.. but i think even logan fans would agree that Renault still thinks fat&ugly is the way indians think even today... as This logan is pretty ugly...
, these are just my opinions and dont want to hurt any one..
Old 29th July 2007, 15:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Well, i can assure you that you have hurt not more than 5 people on this forum.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Why launch this box in india.... I dont know how gud this car is to drive.. but i think even logan fans would agree that Renault still thinks fat&ugly is the way indians think even today... as This logan is pretty ugly...
Here goes another bout of Logan bashing from someone who have not even driven the Car!

Agreed, the Logan's rear looks boxy, but overall is a practical Car!
The owners who bought Logan are quite happy with it!
Request Mr.dhall_gagan to go thru ashutoshb's review of Logan in the Long term Report section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks