Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 20:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra to unveil new pick-up truck in Africa on 15th August, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Looks crazily hot for a pick up ! Mahindra is surely gunning for the global market with Australia and South Africa being their gateway to that.
I want to beg, borrow or steal to get this 😂
I am just glad their future designs might drop the seven slat grille (or half or whatever they were doing to get around the jeep design).

But overall the Pick up looks awesome. Is this the Bose effect ?
Anthym is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 20:44   #17
BHPian

Looks amazing, will put Mahindra firmly on the world map! XUV7OO and Scorpio N are already receiving great reviews in South Africa and Australia, this one will take 2-3 steps further with the penentration of pick ups being far higher in these markets.
abaliga is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:03   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Looks amazing, will put Mahindra firmly on the world map! XUV7OO and Scorpio N are already receiving great reviews in South Africa and Australia, this one will take 2-3 steps further with the penentration of pick ups being far higher in these markets.
Meanwhile Tata is sleeping without any foreseeable global ambitions. Liking the boldness of Mahindra, they should go global. If relatively young Vietnamese company like VinFast(est 2017) is aggressively going global, why not Tata & Mahindra. I sincerely wish Indian OEMs to improve their competencies and go global aggressively.
wheelguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:07   #19
BHPian

What a smashing looking concept. Love it! 😍
It looks almost production ready.
This will be an absolutely worthy competitor to the overpriced Hilux.
I hope they launch this in India; am sure this is going to kickstart the Offroader lifestyle segment in India as well. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
sidbp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Jeez, this looks amazing. Hopefully the production version looks similar too. The rear especially looks way better than the Scorpio-N.
Old 15th August 2023, 21:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Meanwhile Tata is sleeping without any foreseeable global ambitions. Liking the boldness of Mahindra, they should go global. If relatively young Vietnamese company like VinFast(est 2017) is aggressively going global, why not Tata & Mahindra. I sincerely wish Indian OEMs to improve their competencies and go global aggressively.
Totally agree. Mahindra launched Scorpio pick up and xuv500 in the middle east but kind of give up.

Meanwhile, MG is now the 4th biggest brand in the UAE. Many random Chinese companies like Jetour and Changan are slowly taking over. Only reason people even buy them is because Japanese and Korean cars have become too expensive.

I wonder why Mahindra and TATA are ignoring a market which has a huge percentage of Indian population.
lionheart_mm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:38   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart_mm View Post
Totally agree. Mahindra launched Scorpio pick up and xuv500 in the middle east but kind of give up.

Meanwhile, MG is now the 4th biggest brand in the UAE. Many random Chinese companies like Jetour and Changan are slowly taking over. Only reason people even buy them is because Japanese and Korean cars have become too expensive.

I wonder why Mahindra and TATA are ignoring a market which has a huge percentage of Indian population.
Mahindra & Tata lack the boldness of their foreign counterparts. Hyundai & Kia are known for their unreliability in USA and other major markets, Chinese OEMs have to face hurdles due to their nationality, but nothing is stopping those companies from marching ahead, then why should Indian OEMs hold back, they should just learn the tricks of trade from their Korean and Chinese counterparts.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:41   #23
BHPian

It looks like a production. Doesn't look like a concept. M should aspire to deliver the same design. This can do a repeat of Thar 2020 for Mahindra. I.e. just like how a niche concept of off roader became a massive success the pick up can become a hit even though not many will use the rear bed. But the cool image will sell. I like it and want one now and this can replace Thar easily and actually will be more practical.
sgmuser is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 23:35   #24
BHPian

Saw this youtube video in Mahindra South Africa (Official Page):

This car look awesome!!!

MAHINDRA - GLOBAL PIKUP

As per the video, the target markets are:

South Africa
South East Asia
Latin America
Australia
Briarean is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 00:27   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks amazing, and production ready! I hope they have put their decades of experience building commercial pick-ups to sort this thing. Absolutely beautiful integration of the cabin and the truck bed.

Hopefully they are also investing in their production capacity. Is this coming on 2-Oct?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 01:05   #26
BHPian

Its a great looking truck and proportions look right as well. Well done Mahindra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbp View Post
I hope they launch this in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarean View Post
As per the video, the target markets are:

South Africa
South East Asia
Latin America
Australia
From their press release.

"The initial launch in existing markets, including South Africa, ANZ, Africa MENA & SCA, will mark the first step in strengthening and expanding Mahindra's presence. Subsequently, ASEAN markets will witness the Global Pik Up’s introduction, reflecting a phase-wise strategy."

Even though they haven't specifically mentioned an India launch, SCA (South and Central Asia) countries include India. I hope they launch it in India, although I can also see that historically, lifestyle pickup trucks have been a failure in India for the most part. Its just not our thing, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hyundai & Kia are known for their unreliability in USA and other major markets
Not sure if this is true, most reports and auto publications in the US generally puts Hyundai/ Kia/ Genesis in the top half of reliability reports.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to unveil new pick-up truck in Africa on 15th August, 2023-pikup2048x1152.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mahindra Global Pik-Up Press Release.pdf (277.5 KB, 114 views)
inwester is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 01:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

From the Scorpio Getaway to this, Mahindra has surely done this pickup right, at least in the looks department.

But since this would / could be based on the Scorpio-N, affordable / reasonable pricing cannot be expected.
Old 16th August 2023, 03:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Mahindra is surely gunning for the global market with Australia and South Africa being their gateway to that.
Even if it is priced dirt cheap, this has no future in Australia. The market here is far too competitive and people have far too many options from established makers to consider this seriously. Yes they will sell a few but it will always be a niche buy.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 04:47   #29
BHPian

Absolutely smashing looks. Rear looks much more acceptable than the current Scorpio N. Now, how to get hands on that lift kit and accomodate the same wheels and tyres on my Scorpio N?
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 09:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

To Mr Anand Mahindra.

"Humne kya paap kiye hai!!" (What sins have we done that you are not launching this here!!)
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks