Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2004, 17:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 16 2004,11:36)]Since the 1.1 and 1.5/1.6 engines are already made in India, I expect the Getz to be launched with these in petrol form. Most certain is the introduction of the CRDi engine...which will be the Getz to buy!
Hey,

Well i just gave my Accent for servicing today, and what do i see tucked away in their service center but a Getz!

I was really waiting for the CRDi Getz as well, but the news i got was a bit of a bummer.
No CRDi engine comming up in the Getz any time soon is what i have been told.

A 1.3L petrol is whats on the cards for a launch in end August/mid-September, as was told to me by one of the service managers.
The car that i saw was their "training car", and i asked the guy repeatedly about the CRDI but no indication of it from him.

From my short look around the car it seemed pretty good looking, the only thing that might have bothered me was the rear that looked a bit like a Matiz. Will take a look again.

The interiors seemed pretty spacious, and the large, equally sized speedo and tacho (marked up to 8k with no redline indicated) made me realise that this wasnt a CRDI i was looking at
The interior quality (as i saw from outside) did not seem that great. Parts of the dash seemed to be using a very cheap looking shiny plastic, but once again i did not get a great look so cant be too sure. Also the steering wheel was similar to the accent steering wheel in design, maybe an inch or two smaller, but looked mismatched to the rest of the dash.

Will try and get some pics when i go to pick up my car.

cya
R
Old 29th July 2004, 22:53   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the only thing that might have bothered me was the rear that looked a bit like a Matiz. Will take a look again.
Well i sure did take a look again.....and that was just a figment of my imagination! the rear looked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The interior quality (as i saw from outside) did not seem that great. Parts of the dash seemed to be using a very cheap looking shiny plastic, but once again i did not get a great look so cant be too sure.
Once again, i take back what i said, the first time i did not get a chance to look at it properly, and when i went back to look at it in the evening i realised that the "shiny plastic" was actually just a very greasy dashboard (this being the car that the mechanics "practise" on)

Heres an exclusive TBHP sneakpeak!

cya
R

Old 29th July 2004, 23:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Rehaan!!!Many times I observe this.. that the Getz has some part of the side profile and rear design similar to a Matiz.. or is it just me??
Old 30th July 2004, 00:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

just read the following artice abt te launch of getZ

http://64.4.53.250/cgi-bin....e%3d268

Old 30th July 2004, 00:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

H.C. Manjunatha
National Customer Relations Manager
Direct number :011-51678899
Old 30th July 2004, 12:41   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Quote
the only thing that might have bothered me was the rear that looked a bit like a Matiz. Will take a look again.

Well i sure did take a look again.....and that was just a figment of my imagination! the rear looked great!
Well Rehaan, don't be so sure. The Getz looks almost exactly like the new Matiz from the rear and also very similar from the side as well. Take a look and judge for yourself!

The getz

The New Matiz

I've heard of Korean companies copying the German and italians, but a Korean copying another Korean....?? (yea yea, I know the Matiz was styled in Italy!)

Rt
Old 30th July 2004, 13:57   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb find Rehaan. I have been wanting to see this car in the flesh, since commercial photography can be misleading on the actual look of a car. Its also a welcome coincidence that your pictures have its younger brother...the Santro..parked right behind in a similar colour and the same position.

Just the fact that training has commenced on this car means Hyundai is gearing up for a launch very soon. Terrible news from the service manager on the CRDi engine since that was the one variant I was looking forward to. They already use that engine for the accent and I figured it wouldnt be too much for them to offer the CRDi on the Getz.

The one reason why the Getz did get late is production constraints and export orders. What can I say....just wait for a ripped-by-Team-BHP testdrive

GTO
Old 30th July 2004, 14:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures guys

I agree with rtech bout the similarties between the Matiz and Getz but I feel the Getz is a tad bigger . Also one the first good looking Hyundais I have seen . Sad no CRDi though...

Dippy
Old 30th July 2004, 15:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

the accent crdi could be an option ,, but it would be expensive for hyundai for give the getz a 1.5 crdi engine at affordable price....
hyundai is also thinking at a new crdi plant for the getz...no confirm news yet though..

if GETZ gets the 1.5 crdi from the accent , ,, it will be very fast and quick than the petrol sibling 1.3 engine churning out ~ 81 horses..
the i.5 crdi has massive torque to kill its smaller 1.3 petrol sibling
Old 30th July 2004, 15:19   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the i.5 crdi has massive torque to kill its smaller 1.3 petrol sibling
In that case they shudnt have got the Accent Crdi also.

Maybe Hyundai isnt getting the Getz Crdi cos they are unable to price it very competetively.

Anyways cool pics rehaan.
Old 30th July 2004, 15:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

So I think we all agree....the Getz is another winnir from the Hyundai stable.

They should concentrate on cars in the sub 10 lakh price bracket where the volumes are high and the customer expectations are, relative to the expensive cars, lower. They must realise that they really cannot compete effectively in the C+ and above segments. Not yet atleast.

Rtech
Old 30th July 2004, 20:09   #27
BHPian

Impressive looking car, quite honestly.

This may be old, but I just stumbled across this article about the probable price band in which the Getz will be placed.

Hyundai Getz to be pegged above Ford Ikon Flair.

Performance comparisons between the Getz and the 1.2 Palio, anyone?
Old 30th July 2004, 22:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well Rehaan, don't be so sure. The Getz looks almost exactly like the new Matiz from the rear and also very similar from the side as well. Take a look and judge for yourself!
Hey Rtech,

I meant to say that there was a similarity but it didnt bother me that much after i looked at it again.
But i didnt realise how similar the rears were until i saw ur pics!, but in the flesh its a very good looking car and wont really be confused with the matiz much

cya
R

ps - i really hope there is a CRDI comming!
Old 30th July 2004, 22:42   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys on a recent trip to turkey - lots of hyundai cars out there as compared to other nations
i saw the getz a couple of times
looked great ........
but if it is sold it will be more than the palio for sure .....
not many will find it feasible ...........
as compared to the ikon or indigo as it is still a chotta gadi - small car
Old 31st July 2004, 02:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ July 30 2004,13:49)]Maybe Hyundai isnt getting the Getz Crdi cos they are unable to price it very competetively.

thats exactly what i meant to say .
they are not able to price it competetively with the accent crdi plant ..

though Mr. Manjunath told me, that they are considering a 1.3 crdi ....but no confirmation given.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks