Team-BHP - MUL to roll out new-look Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   MUL to roll out new-look Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2712-mul-roll-out-new-look-esteem-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] the vision of MUL looks clearly here .. they have actually pulling the prices of exsiting models available in the market and will be launching anytime soon a model which will fit into 6-7 lakh varient....

Also the fact that the prices of the top-end Esteem and the entry-level Baleno were frighteningly close.

GTO

It definitely looks better as compared to wat mul did to the Zen.
but still the same old engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but still the same old engine.

I think that the engine itself is the only good part about the current Esteem. Its powerful, a 16 valver, silky smooth and very reliable. Fuel efficiency is great too.

GTO

Yes, they did a better job with the Esteem than the Zen, but still, do you really think a new grill (ugly at that...as Stratos said, too big for the low slung bonnet) and rear taillamps (nice IMO) will make the Esteem a contender in the crowded 5-6 lakh segment? Simple anser is a big HELL NO!!!

A Petra is way better, both engine, interior space and safety are leagues ahead of the Esteem. If you're not sure of the service backup, buy an Ikon. Again a far superior product. Even the Baleno is far better and worth the extra few thousand.

Frankly, that engine alone is not gonna keep the Esteem afloat. Maybe is they got the hot 1.3 DOHC in there and sold it as a sport version, THEN maybe it would be different enough for people to buy.

Rtech

they have done a better job than what they did on the Zen....but, even then i doubt it will create a huge impact in the 5-6 lac market.

I was thinking....why doesn't Maruti position the Esteem to appeal to the Taxi drivers in Mumbai and across India??

hey rtech
thats whats the esteem d has done in the south, all taxies!

even the ones given to mlas in ap r esteem d or ikon taxis!

hey guys
i think mul is trying to sell it to the tourist guys who were now buying indigos and ikons.......
look at it.
these guys want petrol , FE , power , good price ........
and even some comfort but best not talk bout that ........

Hey guys,

I saw a "new" white Esteem today while driving back from work. It looked pretty decent, especially from the back.

But what really disappointed me was the fact that....there is nothing in the new Esteem that Maruti could not have given in the first place. I mean, no new technologies...no advancement in chassis design...Its the same old thing!

Imagine how this car would have rocked the market way back in 1995!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 02 2004,20:07)]Hey guys,

I saw a "new" white Esteem today while driving back from work. It looked pretty decent, especially from the back.

The grill gives it a look like Baleno's brother.
MUL should have changed the existing gearbox to 1000's gearbox at least. It's much shorter than the current one and great to drive. I've driven my friend's car. No change in FE.

I agree with Rudra on that. Maruti should really look at changing that gearbox which is really too tall for logical reasons of FE, but in real world situations just doesn't help the driver. To a lesser extent, the same problem is also felt in the Zen.

IMO, put the final ratio of the zen onto the esteem gearbox, and it'd be one sweet car to scoot around.

Revv

Esteem petrol after 1st service does not go beyond 140kmph in 5th gear. Can anyone please tell me what should be the top speed. Is that going to increase after 2nd service? It seems sometimes that Santro can take it over.

What did u try before First Service!!....
Esteem is capable of showing u 170-180 on the speedo...
I have seen 160 in zen in 5 th gear!!...
Santro 140+?... sorry

went to a maruti dealer today along with my friend test ride/booking a vitara

it seems there is an one month waiting for the new esteem , both in petrol and diesel!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (viveksh @ Aug. 18 2004,21:14)]Esteem petrol after 1st service does not go beyond 140kmph in 5th gear. Can anyone please tell me what should be the top speed. Is that going to increase after 2nd service? It seems sometimes that Santro can take it over.

are bhaaya,
if u try doing it some more times,i doubt if ur car will ever see 140kph again.
read ur manual properly ,which says that u shud avoid going above 100kph in the first 1000kms.
the esteem touches a true max speed of 165kph in the 3rd gear.
the speedo wud show more.

satya