Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2004, 12:26   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GTO,
For off-roading me too wud pick the Pajero. Its a true off-roader. But how many people do you know who buy a Pajero for off-roading. They wudnt take their 22 lakh vehicle even over a divider. People in India buy SUVs just bcos they are the best for Indian pot-holed roads (cos in India ur off-roading on on-roads ).
Thats (offroading) the only +point of the Pajero. At 20+ Lakhs, its expensive, outdated, boxy not 1-bit worth. Steel wheels (yes alloys are optional), cheap interiors (you dont have those fancy dials also) etc etc.
Old 20th August 2004, 15:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Not a bad car but given a choice I'd take the old Nissan Patrol in its boxy shape any day. That machine looks oh so muscular than a Pajero

Dippy
Old 21st August 2004, 12:10   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

same here dippy. But the only drawback is that you'll get only a thrashed around Patrol with high mileage which could be a risky buy. In Mumbai most of the Patrols (or rather Nissan's) are owned by the Consulate guys (especially the Arabs).

BTW did any of you see the 2-dr Patrol that was for sale in BSM. Blue with lotsa chrome. Really looked amazing. I guess the number was MH-04-AP-4005.
Old 21st August 2004, 12:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 20 2004,10:45)]Given a choice, I would pick the Pajero anyday.
if i were given a choice i would pick up the new pajero any day over an other suv...

in a close second would be the terracan and a m class
Old 21st August 2004, 13:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Terracan would be the fisrt choice,
best engine ( without any doubt), interiors neat and a hell lot of features.
only the back looks a bit bland

is the M an offroader, Its only an SUV with the three pointed star, its pathetic on rocky roads.

the G class can be called an absolute offroader, (but looks do matter)
Old 21st August 2004, 14:14   #21
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ur right dipen, the only true offroader worthy of the 3-pointed star is the G-Wagen. Sadly it does look a bit (or more than a bit) outdated. But its due for a facelift (a complete revamp) very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]if i were given a choice i would pick up the new pajero any day over an other suv...
Hey aadix, the new Pajero cannot be compared to the X-Trail. The Pajero is a proper Off-roader whereas the Cr-V, X-Trail, RAV-4 are soft-roaders (or wannabe Off roaders). And theres a HUGE price difference between the X-Trail and the new Pajero (almost 10-12 lakhs)

Old 21st August 2004, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey V12 ,
the revamped G class design seems to have been inspired from the Cadillac Escalade ...what say?
Old 22nd August 2004, 02:49   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Coming back to the original topic, according to this Economic Times article Nissan has appointed three dealers. One each in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.

Price ex-showroom Delhi is Rs. 19.78 lac for the starting version and the fully loaded at Rs. 22.64 lac

GTO
Old 22nd August 2004, 06:42   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]S600BENZ I dont think you can comapre the X-Trail with the likes of the Endeavour and the CRV which are MUVs.
Endeavour and CRV r SUV's and fall into this bracket . The qualis, travera would be in the MUV bracket.
Old 23rd August 2004, 14:21   #25
BHPian

hey there is only one dealer per region of da country and theres only one for mumbai,gujrat nd goa and hes at kalina 2 have already been deliveried a few days back at da launch held at grabd marhata
Old 23rd August 2004, 23:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

X-trail is a fantastic car.Its been over 6mths since i bought that car.Its a very comfortable with the FE approximately around 12-14.The engine revving is absolutely great.Its very spacious from the inside too.I had problems earlier to adjust myself to the speedometer which is placed on the centre of the dash.But am pretty used to it by now.
Now for the pricing.Well,its priced moderately in Japan with the low-base model on 11.5L Rs and the high end version on 13L Rs.
Its caused kind of stir the SUV market here.Fastly becoming the best SUV.

The hitch is that in India its priced a lil over the top.Its frankly not worth 20L Rs.In my opinion it might lose out the market as the Suzuki Vitara.Nissan shud soon be thinking of setting up a production plant in India as well.That might help to cut the cost tremendously and price it at approc 15-16L rs.

Cya.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks