Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 19:04   #16
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now

I'm having difficulty understanding this variant. So they have reduced the price by 2 lakhs for Zeta MT and by 1 lakhs for Alpha MT. And on top of that added accessories worth Rs. 25-30k!? Am i missing something here?
TB16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:16   #17
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now

Pricing across the variants. Taken from the Jimny thread and posted by BunnyPunia.

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-jimny-price.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I personally feel that India has come a long way in the past one decade in automobiles. Now we are taking automatic transmission as default in India. In USA, the manual transmission percentage has come down to negligible now. It will not be long before India also will follow USA. I personally cannot imagine driving a manual transmission in 2023. Jimny being a lifestyle vehicle, there are some people who buy the manual transmission purposefully for what ever reasons like Porsche manual to enjoy the driving pleasure of a sports / 4X4 car.

May be there is a stock of manual transmission Jimnys which needs to be cleared and hence the offers. I am also wondering if any discounts are given for the top end version with dual color and automatic alpha edition also.

Jimny cannot be a mass produced car unless 2 wheel drive is done and Maruti may never take this route. I wish Maruti sells 1K vehicles per month for the next one decade and not take a decision to pull out of India market and concentrate on export market.

I personally would not take all the accessories given in this so called thunder edition even if they are given for free ( I still remember in 2008, Mahindra dealer India Garage gave me free bull bar worth 10K for top end Scorpio and I told NO to this free offer) .People are very choosy now a days in their likings of accessories. Most Jimny owners already sold the stock HT tyres for peanuts and bought costly AT tyres.
It is definitely a marketing strategy . Pls see the invoice I paid 3 months back compared to the year end offer. Not a big change.All car companies give similar discounts for year end stock clearance. I think it is made to be believed that bumper once in a life time offer is given.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_1720.jpeg  

Last edited by Mystic : 1st December 2023 at 19:58.
Mystic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 20:21   #19
BHPian

While this is the pricing for the thunder edition, I was shopping around for the Alpha AT in Gurgaon, was able to max get a discount of 50k. Hoping they make it a proper 1L discount now atleast for the non thunder editions.
Old 1st December 2023, 20:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

They had a similar situation when they launched the scross. Had to finally cut prices as well. However for the earlier owners who paid more they sent a cheque of 90K as refund.

Hope they do the same for this.
Altocumulus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 20:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks like a year-end stock clearance sale.
Am sure the accessories will be fitted in the dealership level on their already stocked vehicles. These accessories won’t come fitted from the factory. So this is basically a year-end price cut with some free accessories and Maruti named it as Thunder edition!

Looks like the Jimny’s monthly sales figure will settle down to around 800-900 units, and in future the vehicle will be ordered only on booking. If this happens then we can’t expect much discount from 2024, if not Maruti decides to make a permanent price correction to grab more customers.

Last edited by Samba : 1st December 2023 at 20:37.
Samba is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 21:00   #22
BHPian

Oh man, what a relief that I had changed my booking from Zeta AT to Alpha AT. I was offered 1L off on Zeta first so booked it but then later when they announced 1L off for Alpha I changed my booking. The reduction for Zeta is now 2L!
I was finally able to get around 1.5L off for Alpha AT in Kerala.
The final OTR was 16.5L. Negotiate well everyone you will get more offers than this if you try.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 21:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly Jimny has become very tempting deal. Whatever reason it may be, this is a great deal for prospective customers. Jimny is a good car for sure who want to do some off roading. Those who already bought it, bad luck. Just enjoy your car.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 21:06   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This vehicle which I saw in the Nexa Hosur Road showroom today must be the Thunder Edition only. See all the accessories it had been adorned with. But the showroom chaps didn't know it at the time when I went because it was only in the early afternoon that this announcement came.

I went there to find out more about their lease and subscription programs so as to do a comparo with other options such as our Company’s lease program and the Outright Purchase and loan based purchase.

I have attached two of their quotes below, for the Nexa led subscription/ rental program and the lease programs both of which seem to be through Orix.

(Of course going via one’s own Company Lease program helps with one’s Taxes too.)

Subscription/ Rental based on Surrender: Priced at Rs: 33758 per month.
Jimmy alpha MT Single colour. Tenure 36 months,10k km per annum , including insurance and full maintenance. Once Tenure is complete the vehicle has to be returned to Orix the leasing company.

Lease based on Customer Buy Back; Priced at Rs 49612 per month.
Jimny alpha MT Single Colour. 36 months,10 k km per annum, including insurance and full maintenance. There is a Fixed 20% buy back value on ex-showroom +GST 45% - Rs 382510/-. This is what you pay at the end of the tenure if you want to buy the vehicle.

Just thought I would share this research I did today in case anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_3251.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_3248.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_3250.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_3233.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-img_3243.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-86c69b61f3e24b659a0d9e724fca2206.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-bd761ed79691441cbb3c9e4f426aadfe.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 06:15   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty sure I saw this identical one at my local NEXA when I wandered in during my XL6 first service visit. Looked lonely at one end of the floor so I sat and looked around; makes my XL6 feel like a Escalade in comparison, but the Jimny definitely grows silently on you!

Getting tempted now although personal safety will be at stake if I raise the topic.
itwasntme is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 06:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This should've been the pricing of this car to start with. The cold response by people and the dismal sales figures (by MSIL standards) seems to have finally taught a lesson to the management's greedy pricing. I hope they keep this pricing permanently and not for a limited time. Jokers!

Although I'm loving my Jimny (6000+ kms in 2 months), 1L reduction on ex-showroom, around 25k worth of accessories added, plus the corresponding reduction on the on-road pricing makes me

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd December 2023 at 07:31. Reason: excess smiley removed.
hemanth.anand is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 07:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Since it has been a while since it has been launched, a question to the Jimny users- 5.8m turning radius notwithstanding, how is the car for city use,especially the AT variant? Use case is for 2 adults and occasional shopping sorties. The 4wd is an added bonus for some adventures.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Since it has been a while since it has been launched, a question to the Jimny users- 5.8m turning radius notwithstanding, how is the car for city use,especially the AT variant? Use case is for 2 adults and occasional shopping sorties. The 4wd is an added bonus for some adventures.
Please don't. As a purely city car you will get much better options with more creature comforts, general refinement and cabin space, in the same budget as the Jimny Thunderstorm.

I repeat what I have said on this forum before, the Jimny is only suitable for a very niche set of customers who are looking at a light and agile 4x4 and do offloading atleast 70-80% of the time spent driving.
DCEite is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
It’s a delight. Much narrower and with a notably higher seating position than the soft roaders, it makes urban driving almost feel like fun. The AT is very smooth. But parking in some spots is a chore despite the small size because of the turning radius and the number of turns lock to lock. I would prefer it to my partner’s Hyryder for this use case, but would prefer the latter for being chauffeur driven around town.
Vikram9193 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti is only going to sell 800 units per month. They would have sold at least that number if they had just sold the original 3 door Jimny. They could have saved themselves all the R&D monies and retooling monies amounting to several tens of crore.
DirtyDan is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks