Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2004, 15:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

guess what ..
near walkeshwar i also saw a banged up golden VTEC...
from the looks of it he had a head on collision with a cabbie and trust me...
the cab looked better.......
felt real sad for the VTEC.....
Old 12th September 2004, 03:01   #17

We, Indians are generally skilled drivers but most of us dont know the rules of driving. Blame it on the nonexistent driving tests making it possible for the next door aunty to get a license. Thats why we have people driving at 40 in the fast lane on the expressway. Honking or flashing at him is not going to make any difference because as far as he's concerned hes not doing anything wrong.
Ignorance is acceptable in the city *but not on the highway. Highway driving is dangerous and requires a combination of skill, judgement, good sense and nerves. Any of you who have driven on the highway will agree that overtaking on the left can be fatal not only to the doer but also to the person u are overtaking. Especially on a two lane highway space is required on the left in case of an oncoming maniac in a sumo or a qualis (u know the ones i mean the tourist taxis) and if someone is blocking that u r as good as dead.

alap.
Old 12th September 2004, 10:20   #18
Team-BHP Support

I must admit that in town, after flashing right lane dawdlers with a clear left lane to no avail, *I am forced to overtake on the left. This is down calculated the capability of the dawdler and the Vtex. I am not proud of this but lane discipline in Bangalore is the pits. On the highway, I only overtake on the right. I lost a good software engineer who was in a car overtaking a truck on a highway on the left and the car slammed into some road repair equipment.

Adding comments on the City's lightness, it is a City car, if you read my road notes, the back end in skittish under hard braking, I would prefer an Octavia on a long run.

Regarding Rudra's comments on the Optra, I was dimissivie of the Optra but I have never tried one, the more I see my neighbours 1.6, the more it grows on me as a value proposition, the styling does not appear but I would go for one as opposed to an Elantra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks