Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2024, 15:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh

Toyota has launched a new petrol variant of the Innova Hycross. The new GX (O) variant is available in 7-seater or 8-seater configurations priced at Rs 21.13 lakh and Rs 20.99 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively.

Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh-hycross-gxo.png

The Innova Hycross GX (O) variant is equipped with 16-inch alloy wheels, LED fog lamps, a roof spoiler with an LED stop lamp and electrically adjustable ORVMs with auto fold and integrated turn indicators.

The GX (O) variant gets a chestnut-themed interior with soft-touch leather trim on the dashboard and door panels and a rear sunshade. The MPV is equipped with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and automatic climate control.

The safety features include front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree camera, an electronic parking brake with Auto-hold, all-wheel disc brakes, 6 airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchors.

The Innova Hycross GX (O) is powered by Toyota’s 2.0-litre petrol engine that produces 172 BHP and 205 Nm. The engine is paired with a 10-step CVT.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:26   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh

A very value for money proposition. No useless features like a sunroof, all the important, non-gimmiky features in one pack. 360 degree camera is a very nice addition. All this with the innova badge and comfort in the 20ish lakh bracket is very lucrative! Tough competition for the others, a good option for us consumers. Weren't they also going to launch a top end without hybrid?
Elegant is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:53   #3
BHPian

Now the question is- are they going to make it available to public ontime, or just inflate the waiting period, or just a marketing tactics to increase footfall into showroom for upsale ??
vzvish91 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 19:54   #4
BHPian

I thought I could live without the Cruise Control, but am not sure now :(
RROD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 20:02   #5
BHPian

I feel its a decent price on GXO, given the additional 10-12 features which are essential for today's cars !!

However is this pricing due to possible / inevitable subsidy on hybrids after the election results?
What would be the price difference between GXO and VX (base hybrid variant) after subsidy on hybrids?

Last edited by hummer : 15th April 2024 at 20:19.
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 00:17   #6
BHPian

What's the thought behind dropping 'cruise control' from this version when 360 deg camera is also included?

Is it such a premium tech feature when many cars had it for a while..

Last edited by ranjith_cbz : 16th April 2024 at 00:28. Reason: wrong about a version feature
Old 16th April 2024, 00:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
What's the thought behind dropping 'cruise control' from this version when 360 deg camera is also included? I see that even in Hybrid models cruise control is available in only the top end version.

Is it such a premium tech feature when many hatchbacks had it for a while..
Regarding Cruise Control, ours is Hybrid VX, which is almost a base variant IMO in Hybrid guise, has cruise control feature.

BTW, our Hycross was bought in Jul 2023.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 07:30   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

This is going to put serious pressure on mid-variants of XUV700 and Safari, such as the AX5 and XTA. These variants are clearly overpriced and M&M and Tata have been able to justify the steep price increases on these vehicles in the last 3 years due to high demand and lack of competition in the 20 lakh, 7 seater segment. Carens was a good attempt by Kia but failed miserably.on safety. Ertiga and XL6 feel cheap and are hugely underpowered.

Now with the arrival of the Hycross GX(O), the customer has an alternative that is perceived as a premium 35 lakh car, in general, due to the Hybrid ZX and VX cars being most commonly visible on the roads. Yes, cruise control is a terrible miss in a car that is built for long road trips, and I wpuld anyday trade that for some of the other features. But I think Toyota has to have some differentiation in essential features to push customers towards the VX Hybrid variant. I think they will add this feature for the festive season once they have creamed off the top layer of customers. It is also possible there will be a VX variant without Hybrid that some of these features are being reserved for.

M&M has hurriedly added new features to their AX5 variant of XUV700 including cruise control to try to counter the Hycross GX(O). But I think they will have to do more or risk losing share to Toyota.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th April 2024 at 18:23. Reason: typo corrected
84.monsoon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 09:23   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So refreshing to see a well-priced car today, and superbly played by Toyota! Love the wide spread of Innova Hycross variants. For 21 lakhs, it's a lot of car for the money. Single downside is the fact that it'll guzzle petrol, but the large price difference to hybrid variants will have owners make peace with that.

Just to put the price in perspective, the top variant of the comparatively tiny Kushaq is @ 20.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
GTO is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 11:22   #10

Had to double check the feature list because I could frankly not believe how sensible and vfm it is!

6 airbags, 360 cameras, front parking sensors, automatic climate change etc. are usually the kind of features that manufactures omit from the midrange lineup to push customers towards the top end. I'd take these over a sunroof any day.

Now I just hope that this will be actually delivered to the customers at the advertised price and is not just a ploy to increase footfalls.
Noctis is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 12:39   #11
BHPian

What would be the mileage of these cars? These are mainly targeted at comfortable highway drives but the mileage would be a killer.

Given the size, it would be a hassle to use in crowded cities for short distances.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 13:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just to put the price in perspective, the top variant of the comparatively tiny Kushaq is @ 20.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
Spot on GTO, even I took Taigun/Kushaq's ex-showroom price as benchmark while making my decision to book GX(O), it is absolutely much more caar than VW/Skoda SUV twins.

On the fuel guzzler part, I think GX(O) being NA engine, it matches fuel efficiency of many turbo petrols closely (~8-10kmpl in City and 12-14kmpl on highways).

If not HYCROSS GX(O), I would have bought any of these turbo petrols and would have ended up with same efficiency. Moreover, fuel efficiency of HYCROSS Hybrid on highways is more or less same as non Hybrid as per many reviews.

So all-in-all, I feel HYCROSS non-hybrid, especially GX(O) now, is a great choice where city usage is low and predominant use for highways cruises.
hummer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 14:20   #13
BHPian

Had a quick chat with an SA in Bombay. waiting time quoted is 6-7 months for this new GX(O) option. Looks like this is a very good option for people on the fence waiting for hybrid prices to drop.
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 20:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
Now the question is- are they going to make it available to public ontime, or just inflate the waiting period, or just a marketing tactics to increase footfall into showroom for upsale ??
Toyota is working solely for the dealers in India (unfortunately). They will just do more black marketing and give deliveries to customer who have "extra cash" or appetite for unnecessary accessories. A great vehicle not getting it's due in the market.
Shobhitsaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 22:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
What would be the mileage of these cars? These are mainly targeted at comfortable highway drives but the mileage would be a killer.

Given the size, it would be a hassle to use in crowded cities for short distances.

Hello,

Just wanted to share some info: A colleague who purchased the GX last year mentioned that it gets around 14 KMPL on the highway. The GXO seems to offer the best value for money among vehicles in any segment in India currently, especially since it comes with 6 airbags.

Name:  Screenshot 20240416 at 10.05.278239PM.png
Views: 257
Size:  325.6 KB

Best regards,
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks