Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 15:56   #91
BHPian

Re: Issues regarding ground clearance of CIVIC

My Civic scrapes at-lest 30% of the speed breakers in Delhi and lot many when I drive outside Delhi on State Roads.

Has anybody tried adding suspension spacer to their Civic? How does it affect the ride quality and performance of the vehicle.
Do these spacers have any impact on life of suspension?

How is performance affected if both tyre upgrade as well as spacers are added?

Thanks
Dinesh
Old 11th July 2011, 13:41   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
My Civic scrapes at-lest 30% of the speed breakers in Delhi and lot many when I drive outside Delhi on State Roads.

Has anybody tried adding suspension spacer to their Civic? How does it affect the ride quality and performance of the vehicle.
Do these spacers have any impact on life of suspension?

How is performance affected if both tyre upgrade as well as spacers are added?

Thanks
Dinesh
I wouldn't advice you to go with Suspension increasing SPACERS as fitment. I would affect the handling of the car.
Rather suggest you to put COIL SPRING ASSISTERS for solving this road scraping issue to a certain extent.
I have fit the same in my CIVIC, it's marginally better than the stock civic soft suspension which bottoms out royally in every road hump in BLR.
This is a very VFM upgrade.
For more info check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Through tyres, yes you can increase the ground clearence, if you go with a higher profile tyre. Stock is 195/65/R15, If you want more ground clearence along with wider tyres, then better go with 205/65/R15 tyres.(After the upgrade, you'll have a marginal/negligble Speed/ODO error).
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I wouldn't advice you to go with Suspension increasing SPACERS as fitment. I would affect the handling of the car.
Rather suggest you to put COIL SPRING ASSISTERS for solving this road scraping issue to a certain extent.
I have fit the same in my CIVIC, it's marginally better than the stock civic soft suspension which bottoms out royally in every road hump in BLR.
This is a very VFM upgrade.
For more info check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Through tyres, yes you can increase the ground clearence, if you go with a higher profile tyre. Stock is 195/65/R15, If you want more ground clearence along with wider tyres, then better go with 205/65/R15 tyres.(After the upgrade, you'll have a marginal/negligble Speed/ODO error).
Thank you very much for the link, Gazed through few post and looks interesting. I will go through each and every post and post my quarries there?

Meanwhile I am looking for new tyres as current ones (Stock) are worn out. I am looking for max ground clearance gain as I do lot of Rajasthan/Haryana rough roads with light loads (2 persons). I will catch up there. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks