Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:06   #1
Team-BHP Support

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?

We have had a thread about the cars that are likely to be launched in India in the year 2024. Now, let's talk about the new upcoming cars that you are most excited about.

For me, two of the cars that I was excited about have already been launched. Call me lucky, I got to drive both of them. Here's my list.

Maruti Swift

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-swift.jpg

This hatchback has always been popular in India and there is always a sense of excitement when it gets a generation change. It's fun to drive and practical at the same time. Besides, it is priced reasonably enough for me to think of buying. It's also economical to run and maintain.

Force Gurkha 5-door

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-gurkha.jpg

I have been a big fan of this off-roader. It has immense road presence and is very capable off-road. The news of a 5-door version with more power certainly got me excited. The extra doors make it more practical, while the extra power gives it a much-needed performance boost.

Tata Curvv

The Tata Curvv will probably be the first SUV with a coupe body from an Indian manufacturer. I had a chance to get up close to the concept when it was revealed in 2022 and was fascinated by it. Can't wait to see what the production version looks and feels like. It is expected to be offered in both EV and ICE versions. As we have seen in recent times, whenever a new Tata car is launched, it comes with some interesting new features.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-tatacurvv.jpeg

Volkswagen ID.4 EV

Another car that I got to check out recently was the Volkswagen ID.4 EV. It's one of the best-looking EVs out there and feels very well-built. If what I heard at Volkswagen's Brand Conference is to be believed, this one will be launched towards the end of 2024. I'd love to take a spin in this one. I hope Volkswagen takes a leaf out of BYD's book and prices it well.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-vwid4.jpg

Kia Carnival

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-kiacarnivalnextgen-2.jpg

The first-gen Kia Carnival was extremely competent. It was spacious, comfortable and luxurious. The quality of materials used was very good. It looked nice and was good to drive too. The price wasn't bad either. Not many vehicles can boast of such a combination. The next-gen Carnival is expected to be launched this year and I think it will be an improvement over the outgoing car in every aspect.

So, what upcoming cars (in 2024) are you most excited about?
Aditya is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Upcoming cars that really, really excite me.

Kia EV9: Showcases the tall ambition of what was once a bargain-basement brand. Will cost a crore. Has won rave reviews the world over and is called the "affordable Range Rover" by many.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-kiaev9.jpg

5-Door Thar: Won't have the 2-door's sexiness, but will be 10X more practical. More doors, boot space, better riding, more equipment and (I hope) Scorpio-N tune engines. I am 75% certain that it will come with a removable hard-top as Mahindra has been working hard on it. A modified 5-door Thar will look as fantastic as a Jeep Wrangler. In the USA, the 2-door Wrangler accounts for just 20% of the sales (versus the 5-door). I expect the Thar 2-door's sales to tank, except for the cheap 1.5L variants.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-thar5door.jpg

Altroz Racer: I am a big fan of fun-to-drive VFM cars (e.g. C3 Turbo), and I also love the Altroz. A sporty hatchback like this greatly appeals to me. Hope it's been tuned well.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-altrozracer1.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 & Harrier EVs: Especially after seeing that wow picture of the BE.05's interiors. These will be big, proper electric SUVs from our home boys.

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-be05.jpg

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-beo5a.jpeg

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-harrier.ev1.jpg

Kia Carnival: I think the outgoing Carnival was among the best luxury cars on sale in India. Wonderful engine & gearbox too. Based on international reviews, the next-gen Carnival takes the game forward. We need more practicality in the 50+ lakh segments as all the SUVs there are overpriced Germans (some of them with tight rear space).

The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?-kiac.jpg

Cars that I am NOT looking forward to: = Boring cars like the Dzire because Maruti really doesn't do anything new (although I love the 2024 Swift). The LWB BMW 5-Series that we can safely assume won't be as much fun to drive as the regular wheelbase car.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2024 at 14:07.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 04:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2024 Thread: Which upcoming cars are you most excited about?

There is only 1 car that I am looking forward to. I am not sure if it will launch this year or next year but it is definitely due: a new Honda City. I just realised that the current city has been on sale since 2019 and perhaps due to COVID and the overall slow progress it has brought with it in the consumer goods sector, it doesn’t feel like 5 years have gone by but Honda does seem to always have launched a new City every 5-6 years and boy am I looking forward to the new one (considering how good the current one already is and the fact that they no longer do the Civic).
IshaanIan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:03   #4
BHPian

Swift, and swift only!

Small, nimble, superb body control, and a manual gearbox made by the driving Gods themselves. Driving the new Swift brought me so much joy that I haven't felt for a long long time.
buzzy_boy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:10   #5
BHPian

I am eagerly anticipating the release of the upcoming Toyota Fortuner Diesel Hybrid. There are rumors suggesting that it will come fully equipped with additional features that are currently lacking in the existing model. Additionally, it is said to offer improved fuel efficiency compared to the current generation. It seems like it will be a comprehensive and compelling package for SUV enthusiasts.
vattyboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

2024 does look promising in terms of new launches. The cars I am looking forward to this year would be:
  1. 5 door Thar - Easily one of the biggest launches this year. Has winner written all over it.
  2. Tata Harrier EV - The fact that it will get the AWD option itself is exciting.
  3. New Kia Carnival - Loved the earlier one for its space and practicality and knowing Kia the game will go higher with the new one.
  4. Mahindra BE.05 - Looks exciting from the word go. I feel it will be killer to look at and should be loaded with tech as well.
Dippy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:28   #7
BHPian

TATA Curvv is on the cards. Looking for a replacement and it be a 4m+. I like the sedan styling and also the higher ground clearance.
I just hope the car looks good in person when it comes out. The production version showcased trimmed down my expectation a bit after the concept teaser showcase. But i hope it be worth it
TheStoryweaver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:35   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Ironically, even being very partial to sedans, I think I am looking forward to the 5 door Thar if it is practical enough as an all rounder. Keep my Vento running as long as possible, shift to niche duties and join the proper SUV bandwagon with the Thar 5 door.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to the Creta EV. I still haven't been able to find an EV that is affordable and tempting. I am not comfortable with Tata and Mahindra because of my previous experiences. I don't like Chinese brands and the rest of the EVs are all above 50L. Kona is an outdated product at this time. I think Creta EV will trigger a lot of confused souls like me. Kia EV3 if it comes to India will be another similar proposition.
padmrajravi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:02   #10

Looking forward to the Fortuner-killer Endeavour/Everest launch this year or next. Also, the new Tiguan, the European facelift looks very good and will give a much-needed upgrade to the current generation model.
oldcontessafan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ford Everest is something I am looking forward for. Don't know if Ford is actually making a comeback, if they do I am sure Everest will be the first product. I still don't have confidence if brand will stay in country for long time, but is the only car that can give Fortuner some competition!
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:16   #12
BHPian

Unfortunately not a single one of them.

We seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of model refreshes and ev-fication of existing cars.
Bhodrolok is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:44   #13
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mahindra Thar (4 door): Eagerly waiting for the launch and more details. 15th Aug is too far as of now
Renault Duster: This is the only competition to Thar from my side. One of them will make it to my garage before mid 2025 for sure.
As I always wait for at least 6-9 months if not a year before taking my pick post the launch of new car.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:46   #14
BHPian

Hi, I am eagerly awaiting launch of following:

1. BYD Seagull with a starting price of 8.99 lacs for 31KW battery and 9.99 lacs for 39KW

2. BYD Atto 3 (2024 updated version) at a starting price of 22.99 lacs for 50KW battery pack and 25.99 lacs for 60KW battery pack
GoBabyGo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:55   #15
BHPian

It would be the endeavor/everest for me. Been my dream car which I could not afford when it was around. Hopefully this time!
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks