Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: are indian drivers better than other nation driver -
a) yes 14 32.56%
b) no 25 58.14%
c) cant say 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2004, 23:32   #1

indian drivers are the best and if they are selected in f1 and all they win for sure
Old 11th July 2004, 00:13   #2
BHPian

indian drivers donot have any sense of traffic,in a country like this where the traffics always bumper to bumper,every one drives by their own instincts,i donot blame any,but again when you drive by ur on instincts ur side mirrors have to b used of which only 45% of our drivers use.So i guess thats bad.i mean really bad.& now the traffics gettin worst with lady drivers setting the roads on fire.
Old 11th July 2004, 00:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

If you include our taxi, rickshaw and bus drivers, I'll choose option #2 in the poll. If not, I'll choose option #3.
Old 11th July 2004, 00:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you are using side mirrors how long does it take before some idiot knocks them down?

I am not against using side morrors....but they cost a lot to replace.....I had both rear view mirrors on my bike until I sold it.
Old 11th July 2004, 01:06   #5
Max
BHPian

auto rickshaw drivers are the most idiot people i have ever seen in my life. They drive their rickshaws like F22 air planes. They can stop anywhere and they just don't care if someone is coming behind them in speed. They don't give signal while turning there air plane and they try their best to take there crappy 3 wheeler out of traffic from any side of blocked / jammed road. Cops also don't argue with them much.
Old 11th July 2004, 01:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Indian drivers are the WORST in the world. Everyone thinks he is the best and most perfect driver around. Forget autorikshaws, buses, trucks, taxis..even private car owners are as bad. Why and how u may ask. this is why:

1. No one has any idea about concept of lanes. I have seen merc's and accords being driven with their left side wheels in the middle lane and right ones in the overtaking lane ( fast lane or right lane for 99.99% of indian drivers).

2. Even if they by fluke are in their lanes they suddenly change lanes without any reason.

3. I have till today not understood why we honk so much! Don't tell me about the chaos on our roads. I have been honked at when i am waiting at a red signal! God know's why though!!

4. How many of us stop behind a stop line at a signal?? I do it at least whereever there are stop lines and zebra crossings visible. Guess what happens?? cars cross me and go and stop either at the zebra crossing or even beyond them! as for the unfortunate fellow who has to stop behind me...he does what indians do best ...he HONKS becuz he can't understand why i have left so much of space in front!!

5. In the monsoons when it's cloudy in the day i switch my lights on. I have a approx 30 mins drive to work. I lost count of all the "good samaritans" on the road who frantically keep indicating (and disturbing) to me that my lights are on. And i am talking about car drivers and bikers not pedastrians.

6. and don't even get me started on our utter lack of respect for pedastrians, non usage of rear view mirrors or signals or even head lights in the night!!!!!! i have seen sooo many cars driven with their parking lights on at 9 pm?!?!?!?!

GOSH!! There is God up there!!!!. If anything, indian drivers have made me believe in God!!
Old 11th July 2004, 02:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aloking @ July 11 2004,08:02)]indian drivers are the best and if they are selected in f1 and all they win for sure
Pal, ripping your car on the streets is one thing but, driving an F1 car or any other race car at it's absolute limit is something very few in this world can do.

U just can't compare our driving with that of a race driver. IMO, indian drivers in general, are the most ignorant drivers in the world.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 11th July 2004, 10:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Indian drivers are very 'instinctive' drivers....most of them donot have the word Discipline in their dictionaries....they do what ever they feel like....about Autorikshaws and buses...well we need not comment on them...everybody knows that they are psychotic egomaniacs who think they are the 'Baetaaj badshahs' of the road....its crazy traffic traffic out there. Talk about the Yamaha guys...who think the ride a 'Ducati'.....ripping through the streets like there's no tommorrow..They are horrible
Old 11th July 2004, 13:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

hahahahahahahahahaha...........best ??? hahahahahahahaha

indian drivers are not even the worst...they are the WORSTEST ( 99 % of them )

they think the lane divider lines have to be in the middle of their cars width !!!

and boy im logging of ..i dont wanna get my blood pressure high talking abt d****** on the roads.

cheers
Old 11th July 2004, 14:20   #10
BHPian

i dont think we r bad drivers. it is the time, roads, and no of vehicles. the roads r very narrow for the no of vehicles. more traffic due to small roads so speed comes down which inturn takes the time(never stopping), so everyone tries to move fast and occupy all lanes. More over i dont think these lanes r saparated by speeds, they r according to wheels, 4 wheels, 3&2 wheels like that. if we talk abt lanes then for every "u" turn we take the road should be having an extra lane. we r not bad drivers, all the Circumstances change us like that.
Dont compare ours with those well developed countries. i would say that if u bring all those ppl here they would do the same.

Old 11th July 2004, 15:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey ravi,

im not being rude but there is a complete lack of discipline among road drivers. here anyone who sits behind the wheel thinks he is the raja of the rasta. that kinda attitude has to go first.

and besides drivers dont even try to use their common sense. i mean its simple logic that in slow moving traffic or during jams , its better and faster if everybody follows lanes , but i have seen people driving honda accords and mercs trying to follow autos in the gaps between two lanes when there is a jam !!!!!

forget the uneducated drivers, even if educated drivers take to drive with a little common sense life on the road in india will be much more peaceful and less stressful. but looking at the way educated people drive , i dont see any hope.

for ex. last week i was just about to overtake a accord from the right and what happens ? the guy opens the door on the move to spit out mava / pan masala , taking his eyes off the road !!!

i mean ....shucks

cheers
Old 11th July 2004, 15:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

hahaaaaa ! ( i have nothing more to say ! )
Old 11th July 2004, 17:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

Forget about discipline and following the rules and stuff like that for the moment. (Because obviously in general indian drivers are pathetic in this respect)

I would seem to think that indian drivers (as a generalization (not ALL)) have much better car control and reflexes and reaction times than most drivers in other more "developed" countries. And this is just due to the conditions we drive in with bumper to bumper traffic, ricks, cycles, cows, dogs etc

cya
R
Old 11th July 2004, 18:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ofcourse there a few who might be infact better than Schumi in terms of reaction time and reflexes.

But there's more to racing than just that. Narain Kumar who regularly smashes his Indian competitors in the INRC, came nowhere close to winning the APRC chanpionship, inspite of driving one of the best machines (Evo 7).

Narain Karthikeyan (wierd that both drivers should have the same name) , who is considered to be the fastest Indian driver in the world, is getting thrashed by x-F1 drivers who were looked apon as misfits in the F1 scene.

Remeber, on a race track there are no ricks and taxis.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 12th July 2004, 12:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

BTW we also forget that those in the rear seats of all those horribly driven cars are quite apathetic too. Atleast once a day I notice a rear window roll down and some spit chewing tobbaco or dump a banana peal or some other garbage on the road. This includes a S500 that I see many evenings driving southbound at Haji Ali about 6:30pm.

There are roads in Frankfurt, New York, London and Hong Kong that are just as grid locked as Mumbai roads but you hardly see the sort of behaviour that you witness in Mumbai.

Post Guliani even the NYC cabbies have become better disciplined. Maybe we need to import him or this techniques here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks