Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What's your peeve on the road? - Five things that torture you when driving
Taxis & Autos 78 74.29%
BEST & ST Buses 4 3.81%
Trucks & Trailers 2 1.90%
Pedestrians & Cycles 15 14.29%
The Traffic Cop 6 5.71%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2004, 23:21   #31
BHPian

As for me they all irritate me and I too give them what they deserve and I dont even care if they are young or old no mercy thats my moto::
Old 3rd November 2004, 00:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

lol
gotta agree with the majority
i hate cabbies the most
those $!&*%#$@ broke my cars bumper twice...
man and it still pains me to see the scars on the bumper...

BTW
getting an SUV will be the simplest way to get rid of autos
Old 3rd November 2004, 00:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ricks piss me off...
Old 3rd November 2004, 01:36   #34
BHPian

well i hate most of the above mentioned so where do i click?
I have an awesome old remedy for most of them its the good ol DOG horn
hehehehe. itll care ny one out of their pants
Old 10th November 2004, 17:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

For me, it is the state transport buses. They stop in the middle of the road, start off without caring if someone is half way into overtaking them, and dont give a second thought to overtaking from the left. What i find most rediculous and irritating is that from one stop to the next, they accelerate as if they r trying to see their 0 - 100 timing!
I go a little easy on cyclists even though they do irritate me at times. I go easy on em coz firstly, they are not polluting the environment (as long as they aint smokin beedi) and secondly, its a lot more effort for them to get back up to their normal speed after hitting the brakes than it is for us.
Since IMHO, rashly driven buses are more dangerous than rashly driven autos, i have voted for buses.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 11th November 2004, 16:16   #36
BANNED

the slow ****** in the right lane they r buggin.. they should move off and have no business ****** in the right part of the road..
Old 15th November 2004, 20:11   #37

though i voted for auto and taxis my second choice would be the cops. they think they can behave the way they want when they are driving. once i was coming from ghatkopar to vashi and on the eastern express highway this group of cops (not the traffic havaldars) gave me a brush from the left side just to show that they can do anything. if i hadnt applied brakes at that time they would have got hit badly becoz they came right in front of me then. i was very angry and decided to give them a doze. i did exactly what they did to me and u should have looked at their faces. they started abusing me but i dint bother to even look at them and raced my accent gls at the top speed as their gypsy could hardly have matched my car.

Old 16th November 2004, 05:19   #38
BANNED

any slow car.. they are bugging [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
Old 16th November 2004, 11:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Another pet peeve which is not listed here is any vehicle billowing out black fumes. They are the only ones that make me drive rash coz i cant stand being behind such a vehicle. I feel like pulling the driver outta the vehicle and giving him a few lessons about vehicle maintenance and the environment.
Old 16th November 2004, 15:11   #40
BANNED

amitoj
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

most irritating things while driving. . .

well for me, here in mumbai the most irritating things while am driving here are

- fellow taxi drivers: they in their SLOW padminis, never give way and irritate u a lot
- fellow RICKSHAW driver: they think that the whole road is their fathers property and dirve like maniacs
- CYCLE wallah: "no looking BACK" is their funda in life
- PEOPLE WHO "HONK" A LOT, that is the most irritating thing while drving.
- BEST BUS DRIVERS: these people take the CAKE in irritating others. . .the drive without any care for other people.

well i belive u guys have more 'insights' on this. . .
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:20   #42
BHPian

Guess you dont have the call-centre Qualis or Innova wala-s in Mumbai
Here in Delhi, they could make Narain K blush
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:47   #43
BHPian

While i'm driving,
1.Autoricks
2.Bikers
3.Cyclists
4.People who honk like mad.

While i'm riding,
1.Cars(They give a damn to anything on two wheels. Even i tend to do it when i'm driving )
2.Autoricks again
3.Pedestrians.
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:58   #44
DRC
BHPian

BMTC Buses, ricks, call centre cabs, trucks in ring road hogging all three lanes, people crossing hapazardly commanding in the middle of the road to stop a speeding car are most irritating during driving

When waiting at the signal, bikers sneaking in the smallest available gap, daring to fold your mirror and ride away with out unfolding it, beggers and hawkers pleading by touching wind screen and windows with their dirty hands and not leaving way when it goes green...

that leaves with no body else on the road...
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:20   #45
Team-BHP Support

Out here in Hyderabad irritants are many. Some of them are
  • Bikers and scooterists who always overtake you from the left at the most inopportune moments and then cut across and brake!
  • RTC buses. They move at their pedestrian pace and yet won't let you pass by. If you try overtaking them from the left they will immediately swerve at a sharp angle threatening to swipe your car away.
  • Those call center Qualis and Indicabs. They seem to have graduated to these vehicles from some sort of tthelagaadis that refuse to move. For how else do you account for their enthusiasm in darting their vehicles in otherwise slow moving traffic at times threatening to rip out the side panels of your car if so required...
  • Otherwise also people who seem to have no lane sense, parking logic or for that matter do not know that their vehicles' have a dipper switch for headlights.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd January 2006 at 14:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks