Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
would the new version be the same price or more expensive then the current ones?
Knowing Honda's obssession with hicking prices i suspect yes, for a new rear they hicked the prices by 50k, for a new model expect 2-3 lacs minimum, and you never know Honda they might price it like Camry thinking if Toyota can sell the Camry then why cant we sell the Accord at that price point?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:31   #17
SuperSyn

We are not going to get JDM version, that gets marketed as Acura in US.

I think Honda are correctly targetting the profile of typical Indian Accord owner. Most sit in the backseat, and for every JDM/EU Accord wannabe here, me included, there must be twenty who want the "big" car looks+feeling.

Old 13th September 2007, 23:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Should we really get excited about something that looks like this:

Yup, I love it

btw why is this in the Indian Car section?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:42   #19
BANNED

I love the looks too. Seems that I am part of the minority here.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

The new accord looks like the Sonata Emberra and the rear lights look like the new Toyota Camry. I like what the present shape is. The new accord is pretty much a disappointment me thinks!!
Old 14th September 2007, 01:05   #21
BHPian

This accord is not as hot looker as present one but it will surely sell only thing is now that they should not mess up the pricing ,as Honda is a very greedy company just like all others and takes the price up for any damn reasons they can even if the new accord is not as good looking as the old one it can be priced anywhere below 20 cause they dont have any justified competition
Old 14th September 2007, 02:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

There goes last of the Honda's that still had unique Honda design lines. However a newer Accord will always be better, it always has been.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:32   #23
BHPian

If this is the New Accord then should I hurry and buy the existing one? I certainly think that the current Accord looks much better. Times are changing are they? Earlier it was Sonata copying from Accord and now it is the other way round??? Shocked as a Honda fan...
Old 18th September 2007, 13:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
If this is the New Accord then should I hurry and buy the existing one? I certainly think that the current Accord looks much better. Times are changing are they? Earlier it was Sonata copying from Accord and now it is the other way round??? Shocked as a Honda fan...
thefreak i think you should wait till this one comes into the showroom. they are changeing the shape and launching the new accord, so for the current accord shape that you like you would get disscounts for stock clearance.
like Rtech said the new american laws state the front has to be high and that is why the ugly fronts from most car manufacturers. this makes honda loose its distinctive pointed and sleek nose.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:10   #25
BHPian

Wen i first saw the pics say a couple of months ago i had the same feelin as most ppl here...yuck! same was the case with all new mercedes C class.
All of a sudden the new accord looks a bit upscale, classy, elegant. straight lines make it look meaner, a bit like the new C class again. Thumbs up for the looks.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:16   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
thefreak i think you should wait till this one comes into the showroom. they are changeing the shape and launching the new accord, so for the current accord shape that you like you would get disscounts for stock clearance.
like Rtech said the new american laws state the front has to be high and that is why the ugly fronts from most car manufacturers. this makes honda loose its distinctive pointed and sleek nose.
Which law is this? And what't the rationale?
Old 18th September 2007, 14:31   #27
BHPian

**wrong forum***

This is Indian car scene section

New Accord is lauunched in many other countries as well, not just America.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:51   #28
BHPian

The Coupe version Rocks..

I saw the coupe version of the Honda Accord 2008:
2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Exterior Gallery - the Official Honda Web Site

Kicks A**! Looks much better and sharper than the sedan.

Sad that we'll never see one here. And I am sure they'll make this dearer by at least a couple of lakhs :-(

Regards
Sriram
Old 18th September 2007, 15:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Which law is this? And what't the rationale?
Worldwide more and more crash norms are being put in place, I think the latest one is with respect to pedestrian safety and stuff like that.

So the front becomes higher in order to not toss up the pedestrian in case of an accident, plus there are a number of companies that are demonstrating even air bags on the bonnet which deploy in case of a collision with a pedestrian.
Old 19th September 2007, 00:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I saw the coupe version of the Honda Accord 2008:
2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Exterior Gallery - the Official Honda Web Site

Kicks A**! Looks much better and sharper than the sedan.

Sad that we'll never see one here. And I am sure they'll make this dearer by at least a couple of lakhs :-(

Regards
Sriram
The Coupe version is just too good. But i think the sedan will be somthing similar(to be launched in India) as far as the looks are concerned especially the front end, with minor cosmetic changes though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks