Team-BHP - My Car shopping
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My Car shopping (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2875-my-car-shopping-2.html)

Hey congrats on finalizing your deal on the Palio D.... Do post some pics of the car when it arrives!!

Congrats Sathish on ur PalioD. Do post some pics.
-Chaxy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 17 2004,04:55)]Hey aadix,
How much is the Ikon Exi D ? I'm seriously considering it since my Accent CRDi has still not come. Its been more than 45 days & I'm tired of waiting now.

hey bud
i forgot the exi d price, but i remeber the zxi d prize, it was 7.03 on road, while the zxi p was 6.89 on road, while the exi p was 6.23 on road, i am guess the exi d must be around 6.50l??

congrats satish!!!!!!!!

which colour??!?

Formula Red...

hey satish,

congrats on ur palio d dude....

cheers

congrats Satish !!!

did u find out whether the Baleno Alturas are still sold ?

~A

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (adityapd @ Aug. 18 2004,14:08)]did u find out whether the Baleno Alturas are still sold ?

~A

I am sorry, I forgot to check about that...

hey satish
congrats on your new car
do please post some pics .......
we are waitin for them

Day 10- (26-08-2004)
Got the delivery of the car. There was much drama till evening. Till morning my loan was not approved. Even the residense check was not done. I was calling these guys every half-an-hour and bashing them. At last the check was done at 5:30 PM and I took the delivery at 7:30 PM. In the last minute I could also manage to reduce my EMI by Rs.120. That is Rs.7200/- saving by the end of five years.

My car is Palio D ELX, Formula red color with the alloys from Fiat. The drive is awesome. Though the pickup may not win any drag races, the car pulls from still very majestically with no extra effort. I am able to drive at 20 KMPH in fourth gear and AC switched on.

A few thing against my liking are, the inside of the doors are not fully padded exposing the metal along the circumference of the door. Reminds me of our old Maruti 800. All round visibility is very poor with too many blind spots. The rear view mirrors are too small. The glasses get fogged very frequently. The locking mechanism is built in to the inside door open lever. This sometime opens the door when you want to just unlock it.

I will post a complete review after i have done some driving.

BTW, I am getting my wife along with my new car. I am getting engaged on Saturday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the inside of the doors are not fully padded exposing the metal along the circumference of the door

Also the rails on which the front seats move are exposed.

Agree about the visibility problem. Especially for short people like me.
I face a similar problem in my ikon too. the rear visibility is pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BTW, I am getting my wife along with my new car. I am getting engaged on Saturday

Congrats on both counts !
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]A few thing against my liking are, the inside of the doors are not fully padded exposing the metal along the circumference of the door

I also hated this trait in Palio. I mean even Indica has plastic padded doors however cheap the plastic might be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BTW, I am getting my wife along with my new car. I am getting engaged on Saturday.

hey congrats maan. !! u sure going against the tide.

gaadi pe biwi free ....usually its biwi pe gaadi free !! lol

no hard feelings on that one pal...

have a great engagement and have lots of fun with ur car.

and yeah do post pics of both event if possible !

cheers

god bless u both

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BTW, I am getting my wife along with my new car. I am getting engaged on Saturday.

A Formula Red Palio and a wife! Congrats Satish. Wish you well.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Aug. 26 2004,11:14)]BTW, I am getting my wife along with my new car. I am getting engaged on Saturday.

Congrats man! Both for your car and your wife!!