Team-BHP - My Car shopping
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My Car shopping (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2875-my-car-shopping.html)

Day 1

Visited Anuroop Motors, the FIAT dealer in Hyderabad. The total onroad price for Palio D ELX is Rs.5,35,000.

No discounts offered for D. They have the Formula Red D in stock and will take 4 to 5 days for delivery. Offering free accessories worth Rs.5,000/-. On further negotiation will replace this with Rs.3,000/- cash discount. Trying to push the free accessories value further to meet atleast 50% of alloys price. 4 alloys + 5 175 tyres cost Rs.16,000. Checked for other accessories. But are too expensive.

Finance provided by ICICI. Interest is 7% diminishing. 75% funding seems to be fine. By the end of 5 years will be paying Rs.75,000 more than the car price.

Visited Sundaram Ford. Quite impressed with EXi (Old ZXi). On road price is Rs. 6,25000.

Plannng to visit Maruti dealer and check the new Esteem tomorrow.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Hey Satish, there's nothing more fun than shopping for a new car!

what kinda budget are you looking at? Can you stretch to a Baleno? I'm sure you can get some good discounts on them if you push the dealer. Its a much better car overall than the others you mentioned.

I'd stay away from the Esteem though, simply because it is just too outdated a vehicle now.

If you want a hatch, I think the Palio D is the best option, although if you can wait a couple of months, the Hyundai Getz will be out, which I feel would be an excellent buy.

Rt

Satish,

Pls try to find out whether they are still selling the Baleno Altura ( Baleno Station wagon) when u visit the maruti showroom. According to me it is one great looking vehicle with the performance and discounts of the Baleno to match. Shod it smart alloys and some 195 rubber and you boy....you have a winner on ur hands !!!

~A

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Visited Anuroop Motors, the FIAT dealer in Hyderabad. The total onroad price for Palio D ELX is Rs.5,35,000.

Since you are comparing sedans to hatches, why dont you give the Petra a look? At 5 lacs for the petrol, and 5.7 for the diesel...its a steal. The Siena diesel used to sell for a little over 7 lacs!

The only other sensible options are the Baleno (6.4 lacs keys in your hand - Bombay) and the much awaited Hyundai Getz. Expected within 3 weeks and prices hovering slightly above 5 lacs.

Dont even consider the Esteem, its just too darn outdated.

GTO

I wanted to buy a Petra but my Dad already owns the new model Siena and I don't want to have similar looking car.

My budget is 5.5 max. Almost, I am decided for Palio D but looking around for some awareness and some points to negotiate with the Palio dealer.

the baleno LXI is approx 6.10 on road in hyderabad ...
disconts worth 20000 max possible

so , rather tahn 5.35 on palio diesel
why not go for 5.9 baleno
the baleno is high on power , space
FE is close to 9.5 in city and 15 on highway

overall , worth spending 55 to 60 grands extra than the palio

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The only other sensible options are the Baleno (6.4 lacs keys in your hand - Bombay)

Not really GTO. You now get it for close to 6.1 due to free insurance and some freebies. Add to that a 10,000 Maruti loyalty bonus and haggle for another 10k as discount and the price cud go as low as 5.9, keys in hand.

Revv

so i guess its the palioD then
jus go for it its awesome
and fits perfectly in your budget
even the new ikon is good
the base 1.3 is good vfm if u look at it in that term

hi...
I guess u have already decided on the Palio D. Great car, i am sure u wouldn't have any regrets. Comparing petrol ikon to diesel any car doesn't make sense according to me. both car's were designed for different purposes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]looking around for some awareness and some points to negotiate with the Palio dealer.

Fiat and it's dealers are the worst in marketing. The more u look around the more u will realise how lethargic these idiots are. Anywaz, don't get too angry, the product will make up for these idiots shortcomings.
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I wanted to buy a Petra but my Dad already owns the new model Siena and I don't want to have similar looking car.

Well not many ppl who own a fiat go in for another one. What made u decide on the palio? maybe u guys are among the few very satisfied customers?

hey satish

guess what they launched the palio d in a new colour :yellow!!!!!! saw one today

and if by any chance u taking an ikon or baleno , take a black one dude!

if you are seeing diesel cars, i felt the ikon exi d was worth the money considering accent crdi's waitng list and spare parts prices!

Hey aadix,
How much is the Ikon Exi D ? I'm seriously considering it since my Accent CRDi has still not come. Its been more than 45 days & I'm tired of waiting now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 17 2004,04:55)]Hey aadix,
How much is the Ikon Exi D ? I'm seriously considering it since my Accent CRDi has still not come. Its been more than 45 days & I'm tired of waiting now.

rjkulkarni ,
take my word, Accent CRDI is worth the wait & you wont regret it. its an awesome engine and revs like a petrol car or may be better at times. ikon 1.8D is a decent car but lacks the punch of the crdi. PLUS the crdi gives better mileage. i have both cars and believe me...
-Chaxy

Hi Team,

Any tips for a first-timer on how you haggle for a good deal on a car?

Would appreciate some tricks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Any tips for a first-timer on how you haggle for a good deal on a car?

1. The most effective is to let two or more dealers compete for your business. Tell dealer no.1 that dealer no. 2 has offered you so and so. Let them know that you will shop around for the best deal.

2. Knowledge. Know the product and competitive offerings well enough before you enter the showroom.

GTO

Day 2: Signed the deal

Morning I visited the Maruti showroom and checked the Baleno and Esteem. I test drove the Baleno and the car was awesome. I was flying at 100 in a few seconds. The best price they gave me was 5,90,000 for the LXi model. Though it is reasonable, I did not wanted to stretch my budget to that considering the sky rocketing petrol prices. There were no discounts on the new Esteems and there is a waiting period of 1.5 to 2 months. They had a couple of old Esteems and they are really looking to push them. They are giving a disocunt of Rs.30,000/-.

Later I got a call from Fiat to come to the showroom to finalize the deal. They started from where they stopped on the first day. They were still trying to sell for the price quoted the day before. Later they raised the value of free accessories price to Rs.7,000. I suggested them to apply the free value to the alloy wheels. They were not agreeing for that. I also suggested them to give some loyality discount as I am an existing Fiat customer. They were not agreeing to any sort of cash discounts. They were trying to do some numeric tricks and show me they are reducing the price. But I used my simple calculator of calculating the total cost of my car by the end of loan duration and almost always it was the same.

Finally they said they will give me the fifth alloy wheel for free for which they quoted the price as Rs.5,000/-. I asked them to give the accessories for the rest Rs.2,000 for which first they did not agree but later they agreed. And also they agreed to get the bank interest rate to 6.5%. Finally I signed on the dotted line. The total on-road price is Rs.5, 35,000. Alloys cost another Rs.16,000.

I test drove the car. It was good. But I was still in the Baleno blues so was not really excited but was impressed.

They promised me to deliver my car by Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Quote *
I wanted to buy a Petra but my Dad already owns the new model Siena and I don't want to have similar looking car.

Well not many ppl who own a fiat go in for another one. What made u decide on the palio? maybe u guys are among the few very satisfied customers?

Well, I like driving my Dad's car. Though the pickup is not impressive as it is only 1.2 liters, I love the handling of the car. Also I did not find any other car that is worth replacing my Zen for my budget.