Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2004, 11:49   #61

hey Satish,Some how i feel that the new palio kills the minimalistic lines that the current one has..i have a few pics of it from the side..it looks like an alto. No jokes.HEy you gotta let me know about the performance and most importantly the service..the reviews i read on autocar and overdrive scares the hell out of me. What kind of mileage do you get on city roads..and why didnt you go in for a 1.2 nv or elx..why the diesel.
Old 8th November 2004, 14:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks are individual's preference.

I am maintaining an Excel sheet to log my fuel consumption. On an average it is 13.2 in town with AC switched on 90 - 95% of the time. Well, about the service so far I had got done only one free service at Anuroop, Hyderabad. I had mixed feedback for them. There were no complaints from my side so I can't really comment on the technical aspect. Their usual service is ok. You should demand those guys to respect which as a customer you deserve to.

When I planned to upgrade my car, I wanted to compensate my EMI with fuel bills to some extent. I am saving Rs.1000/- per month on my fuel bills compared to my earlier car. As Palio NV sport and Palio D ELX were priced sumilarly, I opted for D ELX. Also I felt, Palio D is much better car to drive in both City and on highway.
Old 13th November 2004, 18:27   #63
BHPian

Hi Satish

Sweet Car !. Awesome photographs. I've not seen that colour on a Palio D the time I went for a recent test drive.

Congrats on both the new acquisition - The Red palio & congrats on the engagement.

Do write in with the mileage and consumption figures.

Regards
M M
Old 16th November 2004, 20:31   #64
BANNED

COngo satish on car and engagement.. the palio luks real hot in red and all u need now is sum ferrai stickers to turn it into a ferrari..
Old 17th November 2004, 13:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. The mileage I am getting 13.2 in city with 95% AC.

Unfortunately, today when driving to work, a two wheeler jammed in to my rear. There is not much damage but there is some paint loss on the rear bumper and rear left fender. The bike guy promised to pay for the paint. He said he knows somebody at the Maruti showroom and he will get it done there. I checked with the Fiat dealer and it is going to cost Rs. 4700

Now, do I need to paint the whole bumper and the rear fender? On both of them the paint has gone only by 3 - 4 inches. Is it ok if i get painted only around the spot or the whole part? The rear fender is a single piece of metal from the rear wheel arch to the A pillar. Please post your advices.

Most Viewed