Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 17:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
OTR price in Bangalore is Rs. 15,71, 682 !
Don't know why we have to pay such a high road tax here.
2 airbags instead of 4, Single C.D player, front parking sensors and headlamp washers removed in addition to changes already mentioned
OTR in Bangalore is Rs 1566622 = 1319309 (ex) + 44130 (insurance) + 203183 (road tax). And Ambient laura has 15 inch wheels, not 16 inch. No leather seats.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
The time is getting close. The Laura is slowly inching towards the price point it should have been at. The current octavia is going to be phased out.

This is a decent value Laura. It's sure to make a huge impact on the sales of the Octi. I just hope Skoda doesn't let the current Octi simply continue in production for eternity, reduce the price etc. like HM is doing to the Lancer.
Exactly. The Laura is the Octavia II and it should have started at this price range right from the start. But they chose to price and position it a segment higher. The upcoming Corolla, the new Accord and sales of the Civic have pushed Skoda into action. The Indian market is a great leveller.

With the Fabia coming, I doubt Skoda can drag the Octavia on for much longer. But they might have other ideas..
Old 25th October 2007, 17:51   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
maan... i know a lotta people who bought the laura at otr price of 19.5 lacs (blr). now imagine your neighbour gets the same car for 5 lacs cheaper. phew! boy i'd be mad at the company. as all of us know...not everyone is an enthusiast. they buy cars for the snob value. i guess the car companies forget that sometimes.
i bought a motorazr when it was first launched. paid 38k for it. was supposed to be 'limited edition'. we all know what happened to the prices. will not buy anything from that company ever again.
hope the car companies realise this.
no price cut here. its just a lower trim. as it is the case with old octy.
Old 25th October 2007, 18:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
OTR price in Bangalore is Rs. 15,71, 682
With Elegance's OTR in Bangalore at 17,39,250, the diff between Elegance & Ambiente is Rs 1,67,568.
Old 25th October 2007, 18:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Exactly. The Laura is the Octavia II and it should have started at this price range right from the start. But they chose to price and position it a segment higher. The upcoming Corolla, the new Accord and sales of the Civic have pushed Skoda into action. The Indian market is a great leveller.

With the Fabia coming, I doubt Skoda can drag the Octavia on for much longer. But they might have other ideas..
i have a feeling all this was planned
they simply changed the same of the car to boost the brand value
and priced it above the civic
and now bringing back the prices where they should be they are just making people feel that it is a bargain to get laura at that price which will create a kind of hype

i cannot think of a bigger threat to the CIVIC
as a matter of fact even i would prefer laura at this price than opting for the civic
Old 25th October 2007, 18:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
It's not really a price cut. It's a variant with lower specs. A civic with similar specs, if Honda chooses to launch one, might cost 3L less than the Laura Ambiente.

I guess, Xenons, part leather seats, alloys, some airbags etc have been done away with. However, it's good to see, that unlike the Rider, here they have retained the safety features. Ambient still has 2 airbags & ABS. The ad says they have retained the rear AC vents too !
actually thats the most important part about it
these things are very important
as for xenons ,leather seats alloys can be bought seperately
and i dont think they will cost 5lacs(ofcourse its your choice but the standard can come at a right price)
Old 25th October 2007, 18:52   #37
BHPian

According to Skoda India's website,the Ambiente does have alloys but 15's.No mention if the tyres are 205's or 195's.Oh,there's also an aux jack.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:35   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce-deuce View Post
According to Skoda India's website,the Ambiente does have alloys but 15's.No mention if the tyres are 205's or 195's.Oh,there's also an aux jack.

Where did you click on the website?
skoda-auto.co.in does not have any link to Laura Ambiente yet....
Old 25th October 2007, 19:41   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn!
Actually makes me feel sad for getting a brand new Octavia LnK Combi but then our requirements were different.
I guess they will retain the Octavia for a bit, specially the rider version and the Combi as it is doing decently well too. (Atleast in metros).
They may however axe the higher variants.
@Amatmo - I would agree with you. A good strategy of theirs and a really smart one. If a brand is percieved as a high value brand such as Skoda (atleast in India), people would pay a premium for their products. Look at the NHC and SX4. NHC has a higher brand value and even though it isn't as good a car as the SX4, it is giving the SX4 stiff competition just because of its brand name.

Also, i don't see why someone should complain for paying full price for the LnK Laura. They paid for the features and the price of the LnK and Elegance hasn't been slashed as yet and the sales are decent too.

Last edited by lamborghini : 25th October 2007 at 19:43.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:42   #40
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Where did you click on the website?
skoda-auto.co.in does not have any link to Laura Ambiente yet....
On the home page, you can click on the picture itself.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:45   #41
BANNED

this variant has 15" alloy wheels, aux in jack, fabric seats, only reverse sensors, rain sensing wipers, looking at the picture of the interiors, there is no climate control. laura might have become cheaper with this variant, but its still around 13lacs, right. so a 13+ lac car without even an auto ac, thats pathetic, when swift and sx4 can have climate control, why can't even the cheapest version of laura have it. i think the reverse sensors and rain sensing wipers could have been removed, but no climate control in 13+ lac car and fabric seats, that's a complete ripoff.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:46   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i have a feeling all this was planned
they simply changed the same of the car to boost the brand value
and priced it above the civic
i disagree. skoda rules diesel luxury segment (<20 lacs). so i feel they priced it as high as they can. i don't think they had to price it against any Honda/Toyota cars. The real war begins when Honda/Toyota bring diesels here.
Quote:
and now bringing back the prices where they should be they are just making people feel that it is a bargain to get laura at that price which will create a kind of hype
this is not a price revision - when you actually start shopping for this lower trim, you will feel the real VFM is in the higher trims and actually end up buying the L&K unless budget is a serious constraint. it is better to sell the high-end variant first and then offer a low-end variants, provided you are confident of the car which i think skoda is. Toyota too did this with Corolla. i wonder why honda did the reverse in case of city and civic even with such sure-shot products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce-deuce View Post
Are you sure there is AUX-IN? The current elegance doesn't have. So they are offering AUX-IN in a lower trim? This is a very useful feature as Laura HU is very difficult to upgrade because of the parking sensors and stuff.

EDIT: Laura is significantly more expensive to make than old Octavia. TDI PD engine is more expensive to make (so VW is moving towards CRDI). Multi-link independent real suspension is another expensive stuff. In fact, Mark-V Golf platform is so expensive to make that it prompted VW to release Mark-VI platform by 2008 itself - much sooner than it's usual product life cycle.

Last edited by androdev : 25th October 2007 at 19:55.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:47   #43
BHPian

Try the website now.It's working and the ambiente is the first thing you'll see when you the page opens.
Old 25th October 2007, 20:05   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
On the home page, you can click on the picture itself.

Help Help Help...

I am unable to see Laura Ambiente.

The picture takes me to Laura Elgance and the Showroom list only shows L&K and Elegance.

Can you share the link so I can click?

Thanks,
Old 25th October 2007, 20:54   #45
Team-BHP Support

Laura Differences

Folks

We owe Farhan (sideways) one for these details in attached excel

Thanks Farhan !!!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Differences of laura(1).xls (228.5 KB, 925 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks