Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 21:06   #46
HSV
BHPian

Here it is:
lauraambiente

BTW, not much info there anyways. I guess Farhan (Sideways) has done a much better job by putting the comparo in an excel sheet for all 3 models.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Help Help Help...

I am unable to see Laura Ambiente.

The picture takes me to Laura Elgance and the Showroom list only shows L&K and Elegance.

Can you share the link so I can click?

Thanks,
Old 25th October 2007, 23:57   #47
BANNED

basically its a crappy version of laura same as octy ambiete. all filmi strugglers will be getting these now instead of rider octi. its so funny i know both of the lots. filmi strugglers get ambiente and business ppl get the L&K. the difference is visible on the roads whwere i stay.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
basically its a crappy version of laura same as octy ambiete.
Well, if we compare features, this version can match/beat the Civic. If this is crappy, I guess it just goes to show how loaded the L&K is.
Old 26th October 2007, 08:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
I guess Farhan (Sideways) has done a much better job by putting the comparo in an excel sheet for all 3 models.
Wasn't me. Just called the showroom and asked them to mail a comparison chart to me.

Cheers.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Skoda has played its card perfectly here.
Even though conventional marketing sense says that keep your most expensive product for last becase the customer will get a price shock if you offer him a expensive product first and then the cheaper one (normally called as 'sticker shock'). SKoda have proved all 'trade pundits' wrong.

They are doing very well with L & K which has features loaded to the brim. The Elegance also is catching up. Now with the Ambiente Skoda will again be dominant from the 13 lac - 19 lac market.

Kudos to the management. Smart thinking.

And in the end I think the customer is the one is benefiting from all this.

Cheers.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:41   #51
BHPian

Skoda should think about plonking the 1.8 Turbo petrol in the Laura Ambiente's nose. The engine will complement the Laura's great chassis.
Also, this engine's already homologated, so that will help Skoda to price the Laura even lower.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:58   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Here it is:
lauraambiente

BTW, not much info there anyways. I guess Farhan (Sideways) has done a much better job by putting the comparo in an excel sheet for all 3 models.

regards
Thanks Buddy.

So, Ambiente has aux-in while Elegance does not!!!!

Hope this data is correct - now I can buy a Laura that has most of the things I want and does not have most of the things that I don't want...

I will only miss the DSG and ESP (always wanted to buy the DSG version but hated the compulsion of having to buy the Sun/Moon roof, Cruise Control, etc stupid things)...

Cheers!
Old 26th October 2007, 11:47   #53
BHPian

Expected price drop of Octavia

I spoke to the Bangalore dealer yesterday. He was talking of a further stripped down version of the Octavia Rider and an ON-ROAD price of about 11 to 11.5 lakhs !. This was discussed apparently in their management meeting last week and it could be a couple of months before it rolls out.

I used to own the rider, so i really dont know what they can strip in it
Old 26th October 2007, 12:23   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
I spoke to the Bangalore dealer yesterday. He was talking of a further stripped down version of the Octavia Rider and an ON-ROAD price of about 11 to 11.5 lakhs !. This was discussed apparently in their management meeting last week and it could be a couple of months before it rolls out.

I used to own the rider, so i really dont know what they can strip in it
Octy Rider is already available for 11 to 11.5 lacks on road here in Pune!
Old 26th October 2007, 12:27   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Octy Rider is already available for 11 to 11.5 lacks on road here in Pune!
And has been so for the last 5 years or whatever! lol.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
My speculations
b. Introduce another further stripped down (if thats possible) version of the Octy Rider TDi at around 10L
Hmm. Seems I was not too much off target.

Maybe they'll drop the airbags, give 14" wheels, drop the heated mirrors.

Edit: I guess he is talking about Bangalore prices The rider TDi costs approx 12OTR in Kolkata.

Last edited by shuvc : 26th October 2007 at 12:37.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Edit: I guess he is talking about Bangalore prices The rider TDi costs approx 12OTR in Kolkata.
Sure yes..! Octavia TDi Rider costs a whopping 13,44,429 (on-road) in Bangalore.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrs View Post
OTR in Bangalore is Rs 1566622 = 1319309 (ex) + 44130 (insurance) + 203183 (road tax). And Ambient laura has 15 inch wheels, not 16 inch. No leather seats.
Oh ok. I stand corrected then.
The pricing was given to me by Vinayak cars.
Old 28th October 2007, 19:16   #59

Skoda Octavia: A scoop

Launching the Ambiente version of the Laura makes perfect sense because no matter how smart those big fat management boys in Aurangabad (erstwhile Siemens!) factory are, they could'nt have kept on offering the absurdly priced Laura (updated Octavia elsewhere) for long. It was squarely falling in the Accord-Camry segment which is a different ball game altogether.

Sure I agree its loaded with top of the line technology, but a Skoda for 19lacs!! 'Gimme a break' would 7 out of 10 prospective consumers say. I wrote quite a few times to ACI & OD stating my languishness, but they did'nt bother to print it.

Bringing it under 15 lacs, Skoda would now seriously cannibalise some of Civics sales. It was due, definitely due! This slovakian compny is neither an exclusive nor a high end manufacturer, to afford not bringing in the 'sanely' priced Laura.

scratchy heads, pointed noses.. brickbats & comments always welsome.

P.S. A small query to all you big shots.. Given a budget of 15 lacs, which car would you go for. Honda Civic 1.8 V or the Skoda 1.8 vRS. (Petrol engine considered)
The reason I asked this is, I am stumped awfully by the oomph & presence of the vRS.. ALso, if someone would clarify, Is the trim level of the vRS similar to that of L&K? (Else what justifies its 16L tag in Blr)
Old 28th October 2007, 20:02   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganizonda View Post

P.S. A small query to all you big shots.. Given a budget of 15 lacs, which car would you go for. Honda Civic 1.8 V or the Skoda 1.8 vRS. (Petrol engine considered)
The reason I asked this is, I am stumped awfully by the oomph & presence of the vRS.. ALso, if someone would clarify, Is the trim level of the vRS similar to that of L&K? (Else what justifies its 16L tag in Blr)
Do a search and this question has been answered in the forum. Based on my calculations , a new vRS is not worth it as resale will be poor as it will be obsolete. It is cost as much as a new L&K Laura on a 5 year life cycle due to depreciation.

Diff between L&K and vrs, engine, LK has full leather upholstry, better stereo and a bit more chrome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks