Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 17:55   #16
BHPian

Hi all again,

@ Iraghava, I did not want to go through the ordeal of booking new car all over again!

Fortunately, I am bringing home my 'Chamko' on Friday or Saturday depending on the muhurat.

I am just returning from the dealer's place. Did the pre registration inspection. The odo says 10 kms and is likely to read 18-20 kms by the time Chamko steps out of the showroom. The Chasis number begins with HK10xxxx. I believe that means manufacture month is October.

FYI, its a Fiery Red LT model and I cannot wait for the day when I take her home.

@ BKM, sorry to hear you have to wait so long. I would expect GM to streamline their production by this month end as informed by 'diesel head' in his earlier post. But you are right in that the delivery of Sparks is in trickles. Today only two Sparks (Mint Green and Fiery Red) arrived at Pashankar Auto, along with truckloads of Taveras and Aveos. I hope you get to take your Spark home sooner than what the dealer says.
Old 6th November 2007, 18:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

ACI's latest issue reports that GM sold about 15xx Sparks in October which is well below GM's maximum capacity of 2000 cars/month. That explains why GM slashed prices by Rs.50,000. Question now is, why and how are there delivery problems for a car whose stock with GM and it's dealers is building up.

Next month onwards, GM is going to face even more excess stock problems with the new Hyundai i10 getting launched. Thanks to the Santro and years of doing exceedingly well in CSI indexes, Hyundai will easily be able to sell more i10's then GM can sell Sparks. ACI thinks the 50K price slash is going to be permanant. I think apart from that there are going to be even more discounts on this car from next month.
Old 6th November 2007, 18:38   #18
BHPian

Thre is no doubt that GM was forced to offer a cash discount of 50k + under the guise of centenary celebrations to make up for poor sales.

Now the top end model - LT - @ 3.88 OTR Pune, is a real VFM, if you ask me. Add to it the sporty looks and I think GM has a real winner on its hand if they maintain the discount levels. I don't know about Estilo, but Wagon R top end model costs 3.98L OTR Pune after discounts (correct me if I am wrong)

Also I don't think GM can afford to give any more goodies than this.

Btw, are you sure GM is still continuing with 50k discount offer?
Old 6th November 2007, 21:23   #19
bkm
BHPian

Chamko is picking up in the market

The vow factor of i10 may not last long. The shape of i10 is very confused . it seems designor wanted to take out a model totally different from the santro , but IMHO he has not succeeded. If you see the car from side or back, it does not impress .The ride quality is also reported to be less comfortable than spark.On the other hand Spark has proven itself as a good city car having comfortable high way run also with a catchy look and ultra silent engine . Spark at the discounted price will be very good value with the price being substantially cheaper than i10 and if GM continues with the discounted price , it will run away with many orders.After having sit in i10 ,inspite of the long wait ,I shall be going for spark only.I was delighted with the GM dealer(National Garage Mumbai) response when he agreed to refund my booking amt. without any fuss. This shows his confidence level.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Bump..

My cousin had booked spark at Dusherra, he is now geting a delivery date of January & he is not happy about it.. He has asked for interest on down payment made. Lets see how things go
Old 21st November 2007, 15:50   #21
BHPian

Standard thing when the sales beat the forecast.. Cant help it brother you need to wait.. As the production and supply is all based on the forecasting.. since there is a sudden splurge in the car availablitity i bet chevy would be working hard on it to meet the demand the way Maruti Swift once did..

There is a popular saying the fruit of patience is always fruitful
Old 29th November 2007, 17:05   #22
BHPian

Same problem here too and my patience is running out fast !! I spoke to my dealer here in Hyderabad (Orange Auto) and he said I should get it by Dec 20. But again, he could not promise. In fact, they asked me for my second option of colour (I have booked Fiery Red LS). I blasted back that second option is no option for me. It's not like I am buying some small item where I can easily opt for a different colour.

Anyway, fingers crossed!
Old 25th January 2008, 20:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

My COusin got his Spark delivered after making 100s of calls.

The delivery was very good with the car being already ready before we reached there. I was really impressed with the way they had decorated the car.

We faced one problem though it seems that some govt duty has increased which increased the amount 2k which my cousin refused to pay & they agreed after some resistance.

Hope this helps others
Old 26th January 2008, 12:11   #24
BHPian

Where is spark selling guys? Even after so much hype of 50k discount and all i hardly see spark here on Delhi roads? Seems like delhi is hub for suzuki , tata and hyundai only.
Old 4th October 2008, 15:43   #25

Contact details of GM head in India

I had booked Spark LT on 28th Aug 2008 from Vijai Motors Bangalore.
Dealer promised me to deliver it in 2 weeks time. Its 5 weeks now and the delivery date is not yet clear. They don't even know when they can deliver me.
I want to write to GM head, Anyone can help me with his email id ?
Funniest thing I acted as a prospective buyer and called them to inquire about the Spark waiting time they said 2-3 weeks which is definitely untrue.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

FWIW, Gurgaon people are actually getting in under a single week for most colors. There was a GM email ID circulated on the website in some recent threads. Write a email to key IDs on their website - may work.

Sometimes a dealer may have solvency etc issues and that may delay your delivery - find out from GM whether the dealer's having any issues or not.

PS: ABS takes min one month.
Old 6th October 2008, 05:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

I booked mine on the 26th of July... Black LT (without OP) was delivered on 2nd September. But that was before their new manufacturing facility in Pune (I think) was up. Should take less time now, unless demand is still greater than supply.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I booked mine on the 26th of July... Black LT (without OP) was delivered on 2nd September. But that was before their new manufacturing facility in Pune (I think) was up. Should take less time now, unless demand is still greater than supply.
How much was it OTR?
Old 10th October 2008, 12:21   #29

I tried my luck by writing it to Karl Slym head of GM India. He replied back saying I wll get my vehicle within 10 days. He accounted the delay to the problem in shipment of spares. As per him things are normal now.

Lets see what happens, I am counting 10 days...
Old 10th October 2008, 18:11   #30
BHPian

Can you share the email of Karl please? This will help some of us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks