Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 14:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1
From the impression I get talking to Swift petrol owners, mileage in city is comparable to what I get [11-12 kmpl], and would made made swift a much better car to drive within the city as well.
True. The Baleno engine would have been perfect for the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Well OHC does come with all independent suspension.
When I said that the 'City' still does not have it, I was talking about the lack of "Automatic Climate Control', which is not present in the ANHC.
Old 19th February 2009, 23:34   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Ajay Devgan produced & starred in a movie called 'Raju Chacha' in 2000. The film bombed at the box office. Many years later, he claimed that his film was ahead of its time and if it was released now, it would have been a hit. His argument was multiplex culture would have ensured it a hit.

For me, this Baleno being 'ahead of its time' argument sounds similar.
you may be right but the Baleno is far better looking than the ugly NHC. Not only it is better looking, it is a far better car than the NHC imo. Anyway no point in arguing and comparing the Baleno with other cars. Those who drive the Baleno simply love it and that says a lot about the car's capability.
Regarding ground clearance of the Baleno, yes it is quite low and I have faced problems in several places. I had to be extra cautious on the bumps. But that did not stop me from taking my car to Darjeeling with 4 people on board and it did not scrape the bottom even once.
Old 20th February 2009, 01:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

An used Baleno makes for a great buy. A friend of mine recently bought a 2006 Baleno with 20k on the odometer for 2.8lacs in Chennai, inclusive of dealer commission. The car had alloys and a nice sound system too.
Old 20th February 2009, 02:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Baleno was destroyed by Maruti. they removed all its features but kept the dollar to rupee converted price as it is and tried to sell it. most of the things like ABS, hydraulic clutch, 4wheel drive, auto gear, heated o2 sensor, headlight beam leveling, headlight cleaner etc etc
Old 21st February 2009, 00:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Baleno was destroyed by Maruti. they removed all its features but kept the dollar to rupee converted price as it is and tried to sell it. most of the things like ABS, hydraulic clutch, 4wheel drive, auto gear, heated o2 sensor, headlight beam leveling, headlight cleaner etc etc
You're talking about different versions. The hydraulic clutch only came on the 1.8 and the AWD only came on the JDM Cultus Crescent.
Old 21st February 2009, 00:51   #126
BHPian

For long distance driving compared to OHC Baleno scores far better. Yes it look staid and uninspiring from the rear and Maruti could have spruced it up simultaneosly with the price slash.
Front seats of Baleno's are one the best and its the strongest Maruti I have seen.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Guys Whats the issue, nobody doubts that Baleno was a brilliant car but that doesnt mean it wasn't a failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Like rjstyles69 said, haven't we already discussed the 'Baleno' to death in so many other threads ? IMO it would be a repeat of the same stuff.
I agree, lets not repeat what has already been said
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks