Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2007, 23:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Today's TOI reports that Hyundai will replace its Elantra with sports Sedan Genesis which was showcased at the Detroit Auto Show.

It is expected to be priced in Rs 12-14 lakh range

Here is how it looks

http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncateg...6/genesis1.jpg

http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncateg...6/genesis2.jpg

Looks somewhat like the Camry

Techno

i somehow seriously doubt genesis being replacement for the elantra
specially when they already have a latest elanyra which has been a hit

Genesis clearly looks like a mid D segment car
and should maybe replace the Azera
Old 3rd November 2007, 23:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
TOI is nuts. As is ET. No way this thing is going to sell for 12-14 lakhs and no way the Santa Fe is going to sell for 8.5.

Do you seriously expect a 4.6 litre 340 bhp V8 to sell for 12-14 lakhs? And how can we on THIS forum even quote a report like that which says that this RWD billed as a sporty luxury car will replace a 2.0 litre diesel econo sedan?

Somebody in TOI has been smoking some exotic stuff. However, we should be more responsible than this.
I second Steer there. The specs say it all. 340bhp V8 won't cost less than 30L. With the kind of overpricing Hyundai does in India, I expect that to be close to 35.
Old 4th November 2007, 01:22   #18
SuperSyn

Quote:
TOI is nuts. As is ET.
They have been for more than a decade. The only time they do not falter is when their 'columnists' are conducting psy-ops and social engineering through their articles for US States Department.

As far as this car is concerned, it can wait. First let them generate profits and volume in existing segments of Elantra and Sonata.
Hyundai will replace the current Elantra with an Elantra sized+featured car, and perhaps rename the Elantra to its 'i-number' equivalent at the same time.

Old 4th November 2007, 11:00   #19
BHPian

This is the new Hyundai Genesis, codename BH which is due to be launched in korea this december or early next year and then later in the US market. Its a luxury sedan and no way an Elantra replacement. Check the spy pics of this car:

There also a coupe which will replace the current Tiburon coming in year 2009.

Old 4th November 2007, 15:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

This car is the equivalent of a BMW 5 series & a Mercedes E class FYI.
Old 4th November 2007, 16:22   #21
BHPian

chpk - here is the pic. of Hyundai Genesis... My avtar have the same pic. hehe

Old 4th November 2007, 18:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
chpk - here is the pic. of Hyundai Genesis... My avtar have the same pic. hehe
There seems to be many changes to the front, from concept to production. The vertical grill is back!

However, the car has a good presence. Is the new Tiburon RWD?
Old 4th November 2007, 19:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Auto CAR-06- Hyundai's Future Plans
1.Hyundai verna = October 06 Launch (tick)
2.Diesel Sonata = End 06 (tick)
3.Getz Diesel=End 07 (tick)
4.New Santro=End07 (tick)
5.New Hyundai Elantra = End 07 ????????? Am surprised that till now no one has spotted this being tested anywhere in India :( .
I guess Scoops were shown in autocar

Not Sure Though

And Might Be they are testing and not caught yet and then maybe launch at the auto expo!
Old 5th November 2007, 03:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There seems to be many changes to the front, from concept to production. The vertical grill is back!

However, the car has a good presence. Is the new Tiburon RWD?
Yes... there are lot of changes in the production version car... this is by far the longest tested car in Hyundai history, probably ard 3-4 yrs of testing goin on...

the new Tiburon will be RWD with excess of 300HP in V6 and maybe it will have the V8 which Genesis will get, which will give it more then 340HP.... to replace the current Tib in its price range a new coupe, most probaly based on the Veloster concept, will be introduced... Its action packed future ahead for Hyundai...
Old 5th November 2007, 09:42   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hyundai Lover - The elantra sold here in the US is also a Hatchback. Hyundai will most probably redesign and introduce a sedan version of the i30.
BTW, shouldn't the i30 be a Verna sized car?
I mean the i20 is a Getz replacement, i10 a Santro/Atoz replacement, so technically shouldn't the i30 be a Verna/Accent sized car?
Old 5th November 2007, 12:30   #26
BHPian

It definitely can't be a replacement for elantra...And if they at all launches this car in india anything under 15lacs, this is going to be a hit.

Even i think, its i30 sedan which will replace elantra in india.
Old 5th November 2007, 13:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TOI is nuts. As is ET. No way this thing is going to sell for 12-14 lakhs and no way the Santa Fe is going to sell for 8.5.

Do you seriously expect a 4.6 litre 340 bhp V8 to sell for 12-14 lakhs? And how can we on THIS forum even quote a report like that which says that this RWD billed as a sporty luxury car will replace a 2.0 litre diesel econo sedan?

Somebody in TOI has been smoking some exotic stuff. However, we should be more responsible than this.
Yes as always they are.. But I reported what I read & I thought it was obvious that engine options like these never make it to India. I didnt knew readers that too seniors needed to be made aware of this.
Old 5th November 2007, 15:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

I htink the picture we saw was that of a proto, the spy actually kinda looks like the dated elantra.

The current price of the elantra is about 9.5-10 OTR, so i think 12-14 is ok to be expected (if the spy pic is to be believed, the proto looks too good to be true at that price range, even a scaled down version of the proto would probabaly cost more than that!!)
Old 5th November 2007, 15:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Please Close the Thread

Quote:

Quote:
I'll go a step ahead and say that this wont make it to India. Ever. We dont have a performance luxury market large enough for the biggies - why would Hyundai want to try and get a share of the crumbs? Not worth the effort.

I think we should close this thread, and perhaps Hyundai should sue the TOI group. This is absolute nonsense and we are not doing ourselves any favours by discussing it in earnest.
MODS please Close this Thread.

I regret posting this thread.

Also, now that I know we have such distinguished members, going forward I will be more responsible as requested & that there wont be a new thread from me on anything from Print Media.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:02   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes as always they are.. But I reported what I read & I thought it was obvious that engine options like these never make it to India. I didnt knew readers that too seniors needed to be made aware of this.
You started this thread by simply reporting what TOI said. Had you stated your opinion doubting the TOI claim, your stand would have been clear. In future take care to state your opinion clearly if you are posting infomation you don't trust in the first place.

Quote:
Also, now that I know we have such distinguished members, going forward I will be more responsible as requested & that there wont be a new thread from me on anything from Print Media.
This is nothing do with some people being D-BHPians, we do infract D-BHPians if they are at fault. However, I am not sure that has happened here. After looking the carefully at the posts, I can only see TOI under attack, not you.

Thread closed as requested.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks