Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 15:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

GTO has so rightly mentioned the art of bargaining. We almost use the same principle on all our purchases. Right from Household items to just about anything else. Just go around 4 or 5 dealers, request the best price they could offer. Tell them, you are looking at their competitor car's as well, If possible try to keep a competitor car's booklet wrapped in your hands just to show that your a serious buyer.

Be cool, don't be in a hurry. Tell you will review thoroughly before you make a purchase decision. In the meanwhile you could browse through T-bhp forums to know the actual price of the car so you know the point till which you can bargain confidently. Surely you can not go wrong after this.
Old 11th November 2010, 17:06   #17
BHPian

I bought a car in the year 2009 which was manufactured in 2008 so almost 4-6 months old and I kept bargaining and bargaining and I finally got 60k cash back. An option of either a music system with 4speakers OR Power windows, central locking with remote, sun film, Seat cover. I chose the latter as I figured the music system would be a must buy with people at home but the rest were just optional and I probably would not spend for it once I have taken delivery. The flaps and mats are usual freebies I guess.

So totally a whooping 70 - 75k offer.

The car is a wonderful, I have driven it for 21900kms. Have even got a mileage of 23kmpl at one time when I decided not to go beyond 80kmph on a trip to Madurai and at constant 100kmph it still manages to give me 19-21kmpl.

I got the normal service and guarantee which commences from the time I got delivery.

This car is a FAST moving car and I was surprised at the price I got it for.

So I think if your options are open then you can get sweet deals. Just dont show your excitement at getting this car alone act as if its just a mode of transportation for you and till the delivery also keep telling the sales person that he could have offered you more.
Old 11th November 2010, 19:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Friends,
Please clarify a few things (in my opinion it should be cleared to us before starting bargaining).
Many dealer offer discounts like mentioned quoted post and also body cover, floor mats, gold/ silver coins. Now my question is who bear these items/ amounts? Dealer in this business are very cunning.
Discount likes half/ full amount of insurance, corporate discount are big amounts. Who pays it? manufacturing company or dealer?
All these freebies that the dealer offers are a very very small part in their operating margin.. And of course, the dealer gets all these things in bulk so the cost is even lower. While you may think the dealer is a generous angel by offering so many freebies and is reducing his profit, he is actually partaking only with a miniscule amount and in return would get many more customers!

Keep one thing in mind : NOTHING is free!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks