Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@Condor - These aren't. The article mentions that these rules will be strictly enforced this coming year to make Mumbai more traffic friendly.
Traffic friendly ? My foot !! How is no sun film going to make the traffic more friendly ? Oh maybe 2 drivers can now see how much the other is suffering (no sun film remember ?) - so can empathise with each other !!!

I mean for a start if they really want to make traffic conditions friendlier - how about building proper footpaths and keeping it free of encroachments - so that pedestrians can walk on them - this will take away 50 % strain on drivers ....but sadly I do not see constructive steps happening.
Old 26th December 2007, 16:39   #17
BHPian

Out of the list of offences, offence number 1,2,4 &5 are simply ridiculous and a waste of time (if atall practiced by the police). Are they now going to stop every vehicle in the chowk, at the signal, check the wiper blades,get down on knees to check the tires, and peep in through each and every glass that has a sunfilm on it!!??
Old 26th December 2007, 17:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving in the centre of the road — Rs 100
If its a two lane road, then if you drive at the right lane, then half your car is in the center, if you drive in the left lane then the other half of your car is in the center? How is one supposed to drive, or is it when you enter a two lane road, you keep 100 bucks in your hand
Old 26th December 2007, 21:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think all these are pretty well designed for cops to stop vehicles & demand money.
Old 27th December 2007, 02:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Does the RTO expect everyone to use V-cool's transparent film that blocks the harmful rays of the sun and keeps the interior cool when the AC is running?? This makes me ashamed & disgusted to be living in this country.
Old 27th December 2007, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

Smoke out of exhaust: Hmm Will they catch all trucks and commercial vehicles. What about the BEST buses which are enemy number 1?
Hello!

As far as I know, BEST buses are one of the least polluting heavy commercial vehicles in the country and surely the 'best' maintained. Please avoid making blanket statements.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

From what I know there is a fine of Rs.100 for not stopping behind a stop line at a traffic light. The cops should pick just one busy intersection in a big city (provided there is a visible stop line and zebra crossing) if they are genuinely interested in making the city traffic friendly.

BUT, I have a couple of thoughts in my head:

1. Why is it okay for politicans, actors and even commissoners etc to have sun films and not common people? Let's not give the security crap again.

2. How about introducing a system of fine that common people can take from the government? That would be a good list to see! There are a number of stretches on the Mumbai-Pune highway where the government has installed inter-locking tiles! And they have done a extremely shoddy job too. The road probably had pot holes and they just installed the tiles on top of the potholed section.

I would fine the government $1 million for this supremely idiotic act.

Last edited by amit : 27th December 2007 at 12:10.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:33   #23
tez
BHPian

These rules are enforced so that traffic cops get enough reasons to get money from car owners. Let see how these are enforced. BTW are these rules related to mumbai or other cities as well.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:12   #24
BHPian

The rules made, already exist abroad. It would make traffic management easier if they are implemented in totality, But as we know they are just to achive the financial targets for the Government and unofficial targets for the cops and their superiors.
We should not discuss trafiic rules, accidents,policies on the forum. Nobody listens and nobody is bothered. We should be grateful to the high and mighty that they allow us to live in "Mera Bharat Mahan" with all the amenities which can be provided to fill their pockets. We should not demand and expect more.
Santusht raho, issh wish na karro. Somebody,tell Shahrukh.. Sorry for being .
Old 28th December 2007, 00:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

This means that once you are caught, you will be fined with the following at at time:
Defective tyres — Rs 100
Improper number plate — Rs 100
Alteration to vehicle — Rs 300
Cars fitted with sun film —Rs 100
Not parking in prescribed manner — Rs 100
Parking in a street corner — Rs 100
Causing obstruction to other vehicles with manner of parking — Rs 100
Multi-toned or shrill horn — Rs 500
Driving without illuminated rear number plate — Rs 100
-------------------------------------------------------------
Total Rs 1500!!!

But this one takes the cake
Driving in the centre of the road — Rs 100
Old 28th December 2007, 09:44   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Out of the list of offences, offence number 1,2,4 &5 are simply ridiculous and a waste of time (if atall practiced by the police). Are they now going to stop every vehicle in the chowk, at the signal, check the wiper blades,get down on knees to check the tires, and peep in through each and every glass that has a sunfilm on it!!??
No, that's not how it will be done. If you are stopped for some other reason, then they will take a look at all the other things.
Old 28th December 2007, 14:33   #27
BHPian

There was some article in Chennai recently that they are going to enforce Sunfilm ban to prevent "illegal" activity

And the fine is going to be Rs. 1000! God bless us for subjected with such crazy rules and being without sunfilm in Chennai summers ...
Old 28th December 2007, 14:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee View Post
God bless us for subjected with such crazy rules and being without sunfilm in Chennai summers ...
We in Delhi spent the scorching summers without sunfilm. Now its your turn

Thankfully the ban got lifted in Delhi a couple of months back.
Old 28th December 2007, 15:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee View Post
There was some article in Chennai recently that they are going to enforce Sunfilm ban to prevent "illegal" activity

And the fine is going to be Rs. 1000! God bless us for subjected with such crazy rules and being without sun film in Chennai summers ...
Same here in Hyderabad. I saw a article in the hindu that they are planning to fine vehicles with Sun Film from Jan 08. However the article mentioned that, we can have sun films with 70 % front and rear visibility and 50% side visibility. But how are the cops going to measure this. Can we carry some proof/certificate mentioning the details of the sun film we have installed ? They will always come up with something to take the money.
Old 28th December 2007, 16:26   #30
BHPian

I guess this is the way governent gives increment to their employees every year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks