Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2008, 01:24   #46
BHPian

Even if Linea is 10 lacs with full option it will be a good buy,whole lot better than Fabia.
Old 12th January 2008, 01:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Oh why the hell did I buy the SX4?
I know I would have felt the same. But... They keep saying these cars are coming but nobody knows how many years you have to wait for these to show up in the showroom so one can buy these.

Take Fabia for example they have been touting for over 4 years now and 1 Lakh car for over 4 years and I can go on and on.

You should buy what is out there when you need it and wait only if you can. Our time is more precious and I would not like to waste it on waiting for these cars.

Oh boy... I sound more philosophical. Looks like I am getting old.
Old 12th January 2008, 10:51   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Linea is not 10, it's will start at 6.5 - from a trustworthy source, maybe the 1.9 diesel will be 10. Punto will start at 5.
Thanks for that info. Would the 5L for the Punto, and 6.5L for the Linea be the ex-showroom or OTR prices?
Old 12th January 2008, 11:16   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
I think the Fiat 500 was supposed to be priced at 11 lakhs. I know the price doesn't make any sense but Fiat isn't anyway looking for volumes here,
Makes a little more sense compared to the Fabia pricing but not total sense
Old 12th January 2008, 17:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Thanks for that info. Would the 5L for the Punto, and 6.5L for the Linea be the ex-showroom or OTR prices?
Obviously Ex-Showroom
Old 12th January 2008, 17:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Obviously Ex-Showroom
That too it would be for base petrol variant with the base diesel variant starting from 5.8L - 6L. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12th January 2008, 23:35   #52
BHPian

I hope for 6 L they will give ABS standard
Old 13th January 2008, 06:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

I understand the 500 has a niche market but if it was brought down as CKD or manufactured in India Im sure a lot more people would consider it. We should atleast be greatful that it may come to India.
Old 13th January 2008, 13:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I understand the 500 has a niche market but if it was brought down as CKD or manufactured in India Im sure a lot more people would consider it. We should atleast be greatful that it may come to India.
I agree with khanak.

But how much lower then 20 lakhs (Assuming that would be the price of the car) would the price be if the car was a CKD compared to a CBU? At 12 lacs Fiat would find it much easier to sell the Bravo. With it's sleek, sexy looks half the battle is already won by Bravo and Fiat. The car looks like a 10-12 lac rupee car so at that price there would be a lot of people that would seriously consider the car.

But I hope Fiat-Tata realise that a 15-20 lakh rupee Bravo owner wouldn't be as forgiving as a 3-5 lakh rupee Palio, Indica owner or a 1 lac rupee Nano owner. With their model range rapidly expanding, Tata-Fiat should seriously look at distinguishing and revamping sales and service.
Old 13th January 2008, 16:52   #55
BHPian

Through Fiat's site, one can register interest in Bravo. It allows to add some comments also. Can we all register interest and mention that it should be CKD and at around 10-11L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I agree with khanak.

But how much lower then 20 lakhs (Assuming that would be the price of the car) would the price be if the car was a CKD compared to a CBU? At 12 lacs Fiat would find it much easier to sell the Bravo. With it's sleek, sexy looks half the battle is already won by Bravo and Fiat. The car looks like a 10-12 lac rupee car so at that price there would be a lot of people that would seriously consider the car.

But I hope Fiat-Tata realise that a 15-20 lakh rupee Bravo owner wouldn't be as forgiving as a 3-5 lakh rupee Palio, Indica owner or a 1 lac rupee Nano owner. With their model range rapidly expanding, Tata-Fiat should seriously look at distinguishing and revamping sales and service.
Old 14th January 2008, 00:43   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the whole point behind fiat launching the Bravo and 500 in India is not for sales but to help improve its reputation.
I for one would buy the Bravo at 15L. It is a much better bet than a Skoda Laura in terms of looks, space, features (i guess so), technology (MJD engine with 150BHP).
It's going to be a niche marketed car, not aimed at the masses with the idea of uplifting Fiat's image in Indian eyes.
Old 14th January 2008, 13:18   #57
BHPian

15L would be possible if they choose the mode of CKD against to CBU. Bravo costs 13K pounds in UK. I think it should be some thing around 20L here in India.
Old 1st April 2008, 18:04   #58
BHPian

Bravo is a beautiful beast...
I wish to own one, if priced reasonably.
Old 17th November 2008, 15:19   #59
BHPian

Saw the Bravo in flesh at the Autocar Performance Show 2008. The FIAT rep said it would be CBU and priced at around 25 lacs!

Didn't bother asking about the variants and their pricing as the rep was a young girl probably just working part time for this event. But the car looks yum. Interiors are a class apart.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 17th November 2008, 18:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Both cars are looks great, no doubt. But Fiat seems to be going away from the common buyer, who helps them to sustain with sales. These cars are not the need of the hour. The cars like Punto and Linea are what many are looking for. Their website says that Liena will be coming on Dec 2008. Let us see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks