Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 14:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Isnt the 3.0 TDCI Available in Thailand ... ?? If its the same engine then the power figures are 156 BHP / 380 NM.

Probably they are getting the 5 speed Auto Box, Hence the price increase of 3L.
Yes, its available in Thailand already. You could be correct about the auto-box but in the 4x4???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Square View Post
Endeavour is defenitely not doing well in the market.
Not sure about that, they seem to be selling pretty OK numbers at that pricepoint
Old 16th January 2008, 14:18   #17
BHPian

Not sure about that, they seem to be selling pretty OK numbers at that pricepoint[/quote]

Considering their other competitors Mitsubishi Pajero, Chevrolet Forester (if its still available), Suzuki Grand Vitara, Hyundai Terracan (again, if its still available) and Honda CRV; agreed that they are No.2 in sales after CRV, but do you think they would be happy selling around 200 units a month 4 years after launch???
Old 16th January 2008, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Today i see an Endeavour ad in TOI which mentions 2.5L TDCi engine. What's Ford upto?
Prajesh The current Endy comes with a 2.5L TDCi engine and the same engine is going to remain in the 2WD variants.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Prajesh The current Endy comes with a 2.5L TDCi engine and the same engine is going to remain in the 2WD variants.
Oh I didn't know that. I have limited knowledge about SUVs
Old 17th January 2008, 01:52   #20
BHPian

If u ever want to know which car model we will get, and which engine options we could have in INDIA, check out that car's THAILAND Site...

most of our cars/engine specs come from what THAILAND has...

They have the 3 lt Ford Endeavour (EVEREST there) since day one!
Old 17th January 2008, 10:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I can just imagine the mega torque from a 3 liter, but do hope they address the problem of the bone-jarring ride. This one factor alone deters a good number of potentials from buying the Endeavour.
It sure does keep away repeat customers too. The prime reason for me not trading my old endeavour for a new gen one is the suspension.
Ford really needs to wake up and do some research on their products, what works elsewhere does not always work in India.
Old 19th January 2008, 10:27   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Endeavour is based on Ford Ranger pickup truck,so it comes with leaf spring suspension which may be good off the road but is not home on indian roads,
Well, there are some other Indian UV's running on leaf-springs. But they don't have as bone-jarring a ride as the Endeavour.
Old 19th January 2008, 10:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Ford really needs to wake up and do some research on their products, what works elsewhere does not always work in India.
They did that with the Ford Ikon and Fiesta with the tall firang MD wearing a turban to make sure that tall sardars could get into the car etc. i guess they got lazy with the Endy standard stuff from the far east.. different set of people and different requirements..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks