Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2005, 17:32   #31
BHPian

If it is really priced at 8 to 11 Lakhs then I am sure Tavera is going to be the Market Leader soon in the UV segment. It is too pricey for our BPO walas to have car costing 8

Fortuner should be priced 10 + to do decent volumes and 13+ is way too expensive
Old 3rd February 2005, 19:06   #32
BHPian

Remember, Toyota has taken the Qualis off the road.. The Qualis was the market leader in the MUV segment.. Hence if Toyota has to retain its leadership in the area the price of Innova has to be competitive. At least on par with the scorpio. Else there are many products, claiming to take over the leadership role. Remember the Sumo is still around and its new variant Sumo Victa is a much improved product. Others in the fray are Tavera, Scorpio and maybe also the Bolero. Its a question of retaining sales volumes and Toyota's reputation as a VFM vehicle manufacturer across the world.. I read somewhere that Toyota is investing in India big time, if so i think that Toyota is tapping the manufacturing base in India and vying for a dominant position in the market. That means that toyota is in india to stay for a very very long time. This is good news for us Indians and translates into better vehicles and new models getting launched by Toyota.
Old 3rd February 2005, 23:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

all this does not translate into a lower price tag for the Inova.Inova will definately be priced higher than the qualis.and in india toyota does not offer anything that is VFM nor does honda.That honour goes to Skoda and the Dying Fiat. I bet u the fortuner cannot cost less than 13 lacs.even the Hyundai Tuscon costs more.
Old 4th February 2005, 16:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
all this does not translate into a lower price tag for the Inova.Inova will definately be priced higher than the qualis.and in india toyota does not offer anything that is VFM nor does honda.That honour goes to Skoda and the Dying Fiat. I bet u the fortuner cannot cost less than 13 lacs.even the Hyundai Tuscon costs more.
For one, The Hyundai tucson comes as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). So its unlikely to cost less courtesy our excise taxes, import duty, etc. Besides Hyundai is not capable and is not looking either to takeover the SUV segment.

Secondly, the Qualis was a market leader. Toyota cannot afford to let down their guard. The Innova would be built locally as is indicated by stopping production of Qualis and upgrading of the assembly lines in Bidadi Karnataka.

Tell me, which manufacturer can afford to stop their production lines for 2-3 months and incur huge setbacks if not losses in their market if they were not to enter the market in a huge way. Worldwide toyota offers the best VFM products, this time they are indeed taking the indian market seriously and planning a long innings in India.
Old 4th February 2005, 17:15   #35
BHPian

Innova likely to be priced in the 5-6 lakh bracket... don't believe me?? check out the following article..

http://www.indiacar.net/news/n8713.htm
Old 4th February 2005, 18:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

read it and still dont believe it
just not humanly possible unless its majorly stripped down
Old 4th February 2005, 19:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
read it and still dont believe it
just not humanly possible unless its majorly stripped down
You are right lambo, i find it hard to believe too.. But it may come in various versions.. But heck how much is the price difference in between the top-most models and their entry levels??
Old 7th February 2005, 21:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Innova advertisement appeared in the Times of India newspaper today.
Any clues as to wots the launch date???

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks