Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 08:16   #31
BANNED

Multibrand outlets are going to be a big hit, when launched. The oppourtunities are immence for such solutions. Its like multibrand malls, which bring choice under one roof & customer does not have to wander here & there.
Abroad this concept is pretty old & successful.
Lets see which all brands join the bandwagon, but customer is really going to be benifitted.
Old 8th November 2008, 23:16   #32
BHPian

Common service station !!!

One of my dream of having common place to sell and service might soon come a reality... Please check. cheers:

Carnation Auto India Ltd:- CARNATION | A Jagdish Khattar Initiative

--Thanks
Old 26th December 2008, 02:28   #33
BHPian

100 service stations in 3 years

This article mentions that first of these stations could open in Kochi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Amritsar and Noida. They will also provide other services like tyres, batteries etc.

None of the auto manufacturers have come forward to support him with original spares. But Jagdish says that he is ready to import spares from abroad . This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I guess if Carnation gets its act together properly, people who are having problems with authorized service stations have an option.

Reference
Old 26th December 2008, 12:10   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Khattar is on a roll alright! Flush with funds, he will be able to get some killer real estate deals at the moment.

Quote:
But Jagdish says that he is ready to import spares from abroad .
Typically him. He could care a damn about manufacturer support, however important it may be. The challenge will be to deliver on quality at a price that is low enough to lure us away from the authorised stations.
Old 26th December 2008, 13:35   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... ... you could expect an unbiased attitude from the sales person as well.
I doubt this very much. There will probably be targets to be met for given manufacturers and even different models. There may, at times, be differing margins, or bonuses, according to make.

The sales staff will tell what they have been primed to tell at the latest sales meeting. The customer will never know why that was, maybe even the sales persons may not be told the reasons why. We can be sure only that the sales staff will be acting in the best interest of the company and their own targets and commission.

At least we know, at a single-make dealership, where the bias lies!

Otherwise, yes... the ability to view the cars under one roof would be great. One can compare detail that would normally be forgotten on the trip between dealers
Old 26th December 2008, 15:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

The most important thing this will bring - OPTIONS for servicing! And to think, if he's importing spares from abroad, why not aftermarket performance parts? These dealerships can be performance part super shops, like how Emperor Car Essentials is in EKM, except with a competent garage behind the shop front. Volume shipping will let them give us killer deals as well.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:02   #37
BHPian

This will change the Bad Boys Dealers attitude... Even Insurance company should come forward to promote this. Becos Insurance company will be benefited many a times. They need to sell out less as well the real Customer.
For Ex: If you wanna Fix you Bumper OR Painting in Showroom they asked you to Change the lots many stuff. But if you do the same thing in Local shop you may do the fixing with less hassle and money. I think our Insurance comp also need a drastic change in their fundamental business...
Old 29th December 2008, 15:21   #38
BHPian

Multi-brand servicing has also been started by a company in Mumbai called Roadworx. Seems it has been started by Imran Hassen the ex CEO of Skoda India. They say that they import parts directly and "guarantee" that their pricing will be at least 15-20% lower than the dealers.

I have given both my cars (accord and city) to them for servicing and i must say that the experience has been pleasant so far:

1. Prompt response to your calls
2. Home pick up and drop
3. Proactive calling and updating me on parts / work to be replaced / done
4. Delivery of serviced car very prompt and on stated time
5. Very pleasant service manager who listens to you and your complaints

Makes a very welcome change from the Honda dealers' "attitude".
Old 29th December 2008, 15:45   #39
BHPian

Jagdish Khattar has huge credibility in Auto sector and excellent relations within Trade . I would definitely place my bet on this company for delivering the results simply because of this man . We need to give them some time to get things moving but yes they can make a difference .
Old 29th December 2008, 15:54   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
Multi-brand servicing has also been started by a company in Mumbai called Roadworx. Seems it has been started by Imran Hassen the ex CEO of Skoda India. They say that they import parts directly and "guarantee" that their pricing will be at least 15-20% lower than the dealers.

I have given both my cars (accord and city) to them for servicing and i must say that the experience has been pleasant so far:

1. Prompt response to your calls
2. Home pick up and drop
3. Proactive calling and updating me on parts / work to be replaced / done
4. Delivery of serviced car very prompt and on stated time
5. Very pleasant service manager who listens to you and your complaints

Makes a very welcome change from the Honda dealers' "attitude".
I was wondering where Mr.Hassen's venture went, i had read an article sometime ago in the Eco Times that he planned to open a performance workshop with brands such as Brabus,etc locally available.

Where in Mumbai is Roadworx related? And can you share with us how much they charged you for servicing/parts?
Old 25th January 2009, 12:18   #41
BHPian

Roadworx.in

Another Car Service Network... Presently in Mumbai and Pune. Please go through the Site. You can locate easily.
Cheers ...

Last edited by Sowmya : 25th January 2009 at 12:20.
Old 25th January 2009, 12:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

What I have seen in some countries like Dubai is, you have a street where you find showrooms belonging to all brands located adjusent to each other. I thought it is such a convenient thing for the customers.
Old 25th January 2009, 13:21   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What I have seen in some countries like Dubai is, you have a street where you find showrooms belonging to all brands located adjusent to each other. I thought it is such a convenient thing for the customers.
same thing in mumbai now. skoda, merc, bmw, audi, tata, ford, hyundai, fiat, land rover, jaguar, rolls royce, porsche. all on the same stretch of road.
Old 25th January 2009, 18:45   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Roadworx.in

Another Car Service Network... Presently in Mumbai and Pune. Please go through the Site. You can locate easily.
Cheers ...
Another inescapable, slow-loading Flash intro, means a thumbs down and anther site for me not to visit
Old 25th January 2009, 21:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

1. The only facet I'd like to see for myself with multi-brand car service stations before I comment further is their (capability of) in-depth expertise across all cars.

2. If they're importing spares, its good and bad. E.g.: If their getting SGP instead of MGP, quality-wise thats good, but not price-wise. Also, in the case of a lemon, I wonder how their networks with OEMs will be, to be able to get an OEM engineer on-site.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks