Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2009, 21:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

THere's one in delhi too .
Next to hyundai showroom in Lajpat Nagar.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
same thing in mumbai now. skoda, merc, bmw, audi, tata, ford, hyundai, fiat, land rover, jaguar, rolls royce, porsche. all on the same stretch of road.
Sounds suspiciously similar to Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate in Delhi. Except for Mercedes, Mahindra, Volkswagen, Nissan and Sonalika (okay, ICML), they are all there. It is a good Sunday Afternoon outing for a prospective buyer.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:57   #48
BHPian

How is Carnation?

Hi,
Recently I got a free polish coupon from guys representing Carnation (CARNATION | A Jagdish Khattar Initiative). Has anybody any experience of this place? How is the service and cost? He said the polish coupon he gave me is worth Rs. 800.

This was in Sector 63, Noida.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

looks like Carnation is going ahead with full speed. they currently have 5 service centers in india (3 in bombay, 1 in NOIDA and 1 in Amritsar) with a target of 80 all over india!

they look promising and serious in their work since they have invested around 150 cr rupees!

i will try out their service centre in sector 63 over the weekend and give some info!
Old 8th May 2009, 19:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Do you happen to know location/contact numbers in Mumbai? Could not figure that out from their website.
Old 8th May 2009, 20:53   #51
BHPian

@skumar69:I am heading to Carnation Sec-63 tomorrow to check the place before the get my car serviced there, will post you about the kind/cost of service. How did you get the free polish coupon?
Old 9th May 2009, 00:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Do you happen to know location/contact numbers in Mumbai? Could not figure that out from their website.
Their service center is in Mira Road. Right next to Laxmi cars on the Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway. This facility was earlier used by Ichiban Honda and is HUGE!
Old 11th May 2009, 10:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
@skumar69:I am heading to Carnation Sec-63 tomorrow to check the place before the get my car serviced there, will post you about the kind/cost of service. How did you get the free polish coupon?
I was just parked at the Bikanerwala in Sec 63, where there were guys from Carnation handing out free coupons. They gave a choice of polish vs dry clean.

I did get my car polished later. The car came out squeaking clean in about 2.5 hours. I also got my damaged left hand rear view mirror changed by them. The mirror replace + labor cost etc. cost me around Rs. 1550. Not sure if this cost is OK or not though.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Jagdish Khattar has huge credibility in Auto sector and excellent relations within Trade . I would definitely place my bet on this company for delivering the results simply because of this man . We need to give them some time to get things moving but yes they can make a difference .
To add to this, I would like to mention that when I went to carnation this weekend, I saw Mr. Jagdish himself there taking a round, perhaps for quality check.
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:14   #55
BHPian

Indigo LX 80,000 Km. Should i go Carnation Cochin or Tata ASS? ( FOCUZ or Concorde )
Old 4th December 2009, 20:44   #56
BHPian

The first one in Bangalore??

I hear that the first one in Bangalore is coming up on outer ring road, just before Cessna Business Park. The structure is almost complete, just waiting to see the name boards come up!!

-neel
Old 17th December 2009, 08:19   #57
BHPian

Seems it has been launched.. Today's TOI has a news on the same
Old 17th December 2009, 09:39   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is a fantastic venture by Mr Khattar
I m looking forward to good service in the used car retail industry for a change!
Old 17th December 2009, 10:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
I hear that the first one in Bangalore is coming up on outer ring road, just before Cessna Business Park. The structure is almost complete, just waiting to see the name boards come up!!

-neel
Name boards are up and I have seen it !!! It is near Cisco campus on ORR.
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multi-brand car dealerships coming!

Come to think of it multi-brand car dealerships have not really picked up in India atleast in the South.

Even the previous posts points out to multi-brand service centers like Carnation, these were anyway present in the form of your friendly neighbourhood garage, so not really a new concept.

It looks like the way of doing business by our auto companies does not accomodate other manufacturers to sell along their own.

Though they do not mind buying and selling preowned cars of any make, new ones seem to be a strick no no!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks