Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 12:12   #16
BHPian

I had an Accent 1.6 GLS (DOHC) with ABS for close to 3 yrs. I have done 160+ kmph at multiple occasions during my high way trips with 5 people up. It was stable and never showed any nervousness.

Last edited by alabjarus : 6th February 2008 at 12:16.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

I've done 150/155 on the GLS. It is not very confidence inspiring at these speeds - the vehicle does NOT wobble or anything and it goes in a straight line, but it feels like its wafting and this combined with the super-light steering didnt allow me to stay at those speeds for long.

Its good for 140, just like the Civics and others. Anything more - it CAN do, but the question is do you really want to?
Old 6th February 2008, 14:46   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I've done 150/155 on the GLS. It is not very confidence inspiring at these speeds - the vehicle does NOT wobble or anything and it goes in a straight line, but it feels like its wafting and this combined with the super-light steering didnt allow me to stay at those speeds for long.

Its good for 140, just like the Civics and others. Anything more - it CAN do, but the question is do you really want to?
X2

though i prefer 120 to be safe, occasionally pushing it upto 140-150 - which depends on multiple factors.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:58   #19
BHPian

In accent the safest speed would be 120,but its stable till 140 after that its not that sturdy due to the light steering,i have done 180 in my accent crdi but its so scary at that speed
Old 6th February 2008, 15:59   #20
BHPian

I once touched 130 without any problem on expressway ( Mubai-Pune), but that was just for a small distance of 1 k.m, I practically belive not to strech my car limits to maximum, though even at 130 car had enough steam left to touch 150 but I didn't tried to test it's limits.
According to my experiance ( even I'm driving Accent) the car is satable but here you can't predict where you will hit a bump or pothole or encounter someone driving like a miniac so stay below 100. After all it's your life and you need to take care of it. I've seen some very bad accidents in which the car was absolutely safe (before the accident) or the driver was perfect but paid price due to someone else's error on judgement.

Drive Safe Buddy, life is precious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks