Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:08   #61
BHPian

One more scenario i can think.

You bought a car, but the company closed its operations in India, Like Opel and Dewoo and so on. And its very difficult maintain the car, spares are not avilable or very expensive. not so good mechs available. and everytime you do a service / repair it costs a bomb.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:52   #62
BHPian

Two right time to sell my cars would be

1. When I have enough money

2. When I dont have any money
Old 21st October 2008, 15:38   #63
BHPian

My Santro Xing is nearing 60K, but i'm thinking of changing before it touches 100K. The car is giving me great service with regular servicing every 5K. The tyres were changed at 40K and clutch wire at 55K.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:00   #64
BHPian

We own an OHC (non Vtec 1.5) and its nearing 2 lac kms. Atleast for a Honda, this seems to the time to sell since its running really good still, and beyond this we see a sharp fall in value (silencer issues are creeping in, suspension is getting worse, acceleration isnt what it used to be.)
Old 1st November 2012, 16:54   #65

Re: When is the right time to sell your cars

Hi Guys,

We have an Indica DLS (May 2006) clocked 88000 km till date. We've changed the tyres and battery and a few other parts like wheel bearings etc.

No major problems till now.

A few queries now:

1. Would this be a good time to sell?
2. <for people who have owned Indica> If not the right time to sell, till what kms do you think I can run without any engine or suspension issues/ other major issues (meaning not having to do any overhaul or other jobs)?

Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi Guys,
2. <for people who have owned Indica> If not the right time to sell, till what kms do you think I can run without any engine or suspension issues/ other major issues (meaning not having to do any overhaul or other jobs)?

Thanks.
As a 2 time Indica owner ( pre v2 and turbo) I will tell you this from personal experience - anything above 50000km / 5 years is a bonus. Any part can and will fail at any time including while driving back home from a paid service.
clix22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:29   #67
Team-BHP Support

As long as I feel the urge to keep driving the Car I own.

The day it fails to entice me, that would be it (finances permitting of course)

Second parameter would be reliability.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:39   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Selling a car can possibly wait till 10 years and 150k kms.

But if one happens to like a new car and wants to and can afford to go for it (though it will always make lesser financial sense to change then sticking to / holding on to the older car is worse especially if it ends up being the 3rd or 4th vehicle and the cars per adult person in the family ratio tends to be greater than 1.

Of course some will still hold on to their older vehicles till they fall apart for sentimental reasons and will keep restoring them to their earlier glory but that is getting harder to do for the newer range of vehicles with their advanced technology and computerised systems (ECU contolled) that are harder to maintain with smaller garages and the authorized guys to give up after about 10 odd years. It was infact earlier to maintain older cars for decades due to their simplicity though they were not all that reliable in those days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks