Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I would still choose the SX4. Looks much fresher than the dated Fiesta.
SX4 has a odd shape and not a stunning looker.

Last edited by joshdrive : 20th February 2008 at 11:48.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

A.S.S. is a case where in no one can beat Maruti, so anyday a Maruti product over a Ford product.

May be if Ford can throw in more discounts and service satisfaction plans, as i believe the fiesta petrol is not so much hot seller as diesel version is.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
if you compare fiesta petrol sales with sx4 ,sx4 is way ahead.if fiesta has improved on features its feeling the heat from all corners.sx4 is still a VFM option.16 inch alloys,climate control,bigger boot,more comfortable seating position etc would add to the edge sx4 already has over the fiesta.and maintenence of a maruti is any day cheaper than a ford.
ram
@Ram: What's the cost of the SX4 front bumper (with/without painting)?
Old 20th February 2008, 11:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
more comfortable seating position etc
I do not agree with this. I have TDed both and found Fiesta 1.6 way better than SX4 in terms of drivability and seating position. The seating position in SX4 does not provide confidence.

IMO Fiesta is more refined and suspensions are way better than SX4.

Only feature missing is the climate control and 1 AB now. Both have ABS with EBD.

A** , I am not worried much as I am currently at mercy of Tata-Fiat . It cannot be worst than that. Could be on the same line.

Well this is my opinion as I am looking at an upgrade in 6 months time.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:56   #20
BHPian

Before making any comments on the Fiesta, I would suggest everybody to ride it once. You feel extremely overwhelmed with its handling and pick up. Feels like a 2 stroke bike

And FE is much higher than SX4. Say/Do/Feel whatever, in India FE sells.

It is now, as said, new proposition, clearly Fiesta is a winner.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:57   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
A** , I am not worried much as I am currently at mercy of Tata-Fiat . It cannot be worst than that. Could be on the same line.

Trust me it can get worse with Ford. Fords are way tooooo expensive to maintain. They will seldom repair a part, replace it and charge a bomb is their moto.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

SX4 will win over fiesta due to more space, more ground clearance and better service from maruti.
Ford India hasn't been able to improve services, although their products are designed for driver pleasure/delight. Ford wasted wonderful product like fusion due to incorrect positioning & after sales.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:09   #23
BHPian

I would still go with the Fiesta despite its shortcomings. Looks and height of the SX4 does not impress me.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Though the Fiesta is a fantastic car
Quote:
Will customers go for the trusted & proven Fiesta?
Customers will not go for the Fiesta over the SX4, simply because of the peace of mind the Maruti tag gives.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:24   #25
BHPian

Looks wise its subjective. If you ask me, the Fiesta only looks good from the rear, and even from that angle reminds me strongly of an Octavia. I quite dislike its headlights, which I find too bulbous- would have preferred something rectangular.
The SX4 is too tall, and the windshield looks as if its slipped onto the bonnet, the impression aided particularly by the huge quarter glass.
Performance wise, though I have not driven any of the Fiestas, it definitely has less body roll than the SX4.
So, though I am not a fan of the looks of either car, I would still prefer the Fiesta 1.6 over the SX4. (To tell you the truth, I still prefer my Petra over either of these) And at a lower price, the Ford is a little more attractive now.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:34   #26
BHPian

If we consider the C segment there are not many options for drivability.
NHC which is considered VFM which does not have safety features and still sells in the same price bracket. Aveo (1.6) is not atall fun to drive nor FE is good.

The remaining are

Fiesta 1.6 SXi - Good car, Poor A**
Verna XXi ABS - Good Car? no info..may be, Great A**
SX4 ZXi - seen as good car, Great A**

So if price / Features is the consideration then Verna XXi wins.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:40   #27
girishbhat

SX4 better than Fiesta in looks, VFM and maintenance also. Ford is too costly to maintain..

Old 20th February 2008, 15:46   #28
BHPian

Till date the A.S.S for my Fiesta has been good in Mumbai(Shaman),for the regular paid services max i paid was Rs 2400/- which included some extras(like glass etching and the Sxi chrome logo) otherwise the bill comes to around Rs 1900/-(oil change.oilfilter etc).Recently got the throttle body changed the cost quoted was Rs 6742/.
Guys any idea what are the prices for the Sx4,Verna,Aveo and the NHC i mean regular service charges or even the the price of the throttle body of respective cars so can get an idea if maintaining a Ford is really costly
Old 20th February 2008, 15:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

When buying a Car, we should come compare Car Vs Car, and not A.S.S vs A.S.S, though A.S.S is also important.
The priority should be the Car you drive day in and day out and not that once-in-six-months Service thing.

I would go for a Fun-to-drive car like Fiesta, and now it has all the Safety features too!

Last edited by finneyp : 20th February 2008 at 16:10.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:15   #30
BHPian

Every time we compare any product with MUL product, MUL products got supported due to A$$. I am using Maruti car since last 6 years and quality of MUL A$$ is going down day by bay. Had 3 extra visits to get rubber bidding for rear right door fittted.
Why not to compare the products to product basic and make way for non MUL babies!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks