Team-BHP - Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36724-ford-cuts-price-fusion-diesel-rs-22-000-fusion-plus-re-introduced-2.html)

Apart from the cut, here comes the new version of Ford - Fusion +.

Ford launches new Fusion variant - Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Though they have bought the prices back to its original, additional features - Seat height adjustment, Alloys, ABS included now should help

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 755491)
The best opurtunity they had in reversing the price was when the facelifted fusion was launched few months back.Lost opurtunity wont come back.Now we might see a couple of reduction in prices and then the customers would lose their faith in the model resulting in the absolute death of the car.A wonderfull hatch destroyed.
ram

Ram, you hit the nail on the head. The best opportunity to re-position the Fusion was when they launched the Fusion with the cosmetic upgrades and the bumper chop. Even the TDCi and a further excise reduction cannot rescue a lost cause, unless they go the Daewoo Cielo route.

6.16lac almost the same price which was offered for fusion + around 2.5 years back.

i bougth fusion basic for almost the same price some 3 years back.. 6.2lac on road (non abs).

fusion was launched in late 2004, with 6.2lac for basic and 6.8lac for the + model

The fusion comunity is increasing day by day, specially after diesal varient. But there is a huge huge difference between pertol and diesal varient.. petrol engine is far more superior / responsive than the diesal one..

For Rs. 7 lac + OTR, they should at least offer the 1.6 TDCi engine they offer abroad instead of the underpowered 1.4. Not only the initial price is too high, the spares are a rip-off too.

I'd say, its a case of too little, too late. The perfect time for the price cut was with the launch of the type2 fusion, and they ruined it! what is with these american companies, even GM never gets to do ANYTHING right!!

Ford neither provide 5th alloy wheel nor a rooftop antenna with fusion plus. How ever the salesman in Kochi offered antenna as a free accessory. What a great complement!!

Hey guys,

was on the ford website. Seems like the Fusion plus is relaunched.
link - Ford - Fusion Plus

It comes with ABS and Alloys.
Prices are -
1.6L Duratec Petrol
Rs. 6.17 Lakhs
(Ex Showroom Delhi)

1.4L Duratorq TDCi diesel.
Rs. 6.84 Lakhs
(Ex Showroom Delhi)

Yes ji,
its been there on the website, but again not yet in showrooms for a TD, atleast the + variant!

Here in BLR plus version is available for test drive with Metro Ford since past one and half months.

Why is the question that comes to mind? IMO there are better options out there at similar price range.

Isn't it value for money?
BTW which options are they, if you won't concider it as a "Hatchback".

Pals,

Give me your feedback, if you had ever taken a TD for Fusion. Is this hatch gives comfort and feel like an SUV? Atleast to an extend?

Also does Fusion has better refinement, ride quality and power than Swift D/Swift dezire D?

Thanks.

My friend its far refiend then Swift and rides like mini SUV, small pot hole humps you wont come to know at all, only lakes in terms of power specially in 2nd gear and for top speed.
Petes is the option or wait till they launches 1.6 TDCi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 845490)
Isn't it value for money?
BTW which options are they, if you won't concider it as a "Hatchback".

For 6.84L + Insurance + Registeration, I would rather spend about 50k more & get something like the Verna. Why should I buy an automobile which doesn't know whether it's a Car or a Hatchback or a SUV or a Wagon??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 845907)
My friend its far refiend then Swift and rides like mini SUV, small pot hole humps you wont come to know at all, only lakes in terms of power specially in 2nd gear and for top speed.

That's what I hate most, "Mini-SUV feel". I hate the way SUV's drive & so don't find the "Mini-SUV" any more appealing either.

At last they have done what was expected in the beginning of launch. I think they are feeling the heat with the launch of Dzire, Fiat MJD, Indigo CS etc. But will there be any takers for this now?