Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 00:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Seriously GM were offering so much discounts on Spark. The first few buyers of Spark will be banging their heads ! I think GM should launch the New U-va and also launch it with the 1.3 DDIS!! Maybe it will improve sales of U-va .
I aint sure if Beat will the car priced below Spark!
I read somewhere that GM does not have the license to use the MJD engines on GM-DAT vehicles. They continue to offer the MJD on opel cars in europe though.
Old 18th March 2009, 01:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
With the several but inconsistent discounts and price corrections, it seems GM themselves cant decide how much the Spark is worth.
IIRC, they did the same with the Optra as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Very interesting. Why cant they just launch the Aveo or the Spark with a diesel engine instead of bringing in another model which will confuse their own customers.
I believe an all new 1.0 3cyl diesel is being designed and will be built in Pune plant. will probably be used in the Beat, Spark and UVA.
Old 18th March 2009, 09:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
IIRC, they did the same with the Optra as well.

I believe an all new 1.0 3cyl diesel is being designed and will be built in Pune plant. will probably be used in the Beat, Spark and UVA.
GM does have the Chevrolet Beat in its portfolio, but have they decided on a launch date for it?
Old 18th March 2009, 10:49   #19
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
GM does have the Chevrolet Beat in its portfolio, but have they decided on a launch date for it?
I read somewhere it will be in mid 2010. But IMO it might be out in 2009 itself. They are already saying "move to a new beat" ("start moving towards beat?") in their ad for spark music edition. I hope the "beat" is not just restricted to define music edition spark.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

hehe, surely not! Beat is a car they had showcased in some auto shows too. It is going to be a different car from Spark.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Are people wary?

IMHO people seem to be very wary, in these times of recession, about buying GM and Ford cars. A couple of friends wanting to buy cars in the last few months, point-blank refused to look at the Optra and Spark, despite big discounts and tempting warranty schemes. One bought a Santro, the other bought a Civic.

Would GM introduce a new car in this scenario? And have any other members experienced this kind of anti-GM/Ford sentiments in the recent past?
Old 18th March 2009, 15:02   #22
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
hehe, surely not! Beat is a car they had showcased in some auto shows too. It is going to be a different car from Spark.
I'm also expecting beat to be released as "Beat" and not "Spark".

Comming back to the topic "which is the car",
here is some snippet from the news,
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Economic Times
The model will not compete directly with TATA Motors' low-cost Nano but will be cheaper than GM's current lowest priced car in India, David Reilly, GM group vice-president, told a news conference on Monday.
About new Aveo U-VA,
It is supposed have 1.2L (but will be glad to see 1.4L as well). So I don't see a single chance of U-VA to be cheaper than current Spark. Hence they are definitely not talking about new U-VA (which I'm expecting to be placed against Ritz 1.2 and may be against Swift as well)

About Beat,
It is expected to have 1.0L and 1.2L petrol. I don't think Beat 1.0L will be cheaper than current Spark (actually it would be great if it does).

I don't recollect the source, but I remember reading somewhere, something like GM is planning to roll out lighter variant of spark with some 800cc engine, producing around 43 bhp. So this might be the car they are talking about.

So in near future, GM might have 3 hatches under their badge, Spark (0.8L), Beat (1.0L, 1.2L) and U-VA(1.2L).

But I wonder how near that future is.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

the new small car will be simply called "mini" in the Indian market,powered by an all new 1.0L 3 pot motor. launch is scheduled this diwali and will continue to be sold alongside the matiz and aveo.

where as in rest of the world, it may replace the matiz.
Old 4th May 2009, 21:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
IMHO people seem to be very wary, in these times of recession, about buying GM and Ford cars. A couple of friends wanting to buy cars in the last few months, point-blank refused to look at the Optra and Spark, despite big discounts and tempting warranty schemes. One bought a Santro, the other bought a Civic.

Would GM introduce a new car in this scenario? And have any other members experienced this kind of anti-GM/Ford sentiments in the recent past?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1288317
Old 14th May 2009, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the new small car will be simply called "mini" in the Indian market,powered by an all new 1.0L 3 pot motor. launch is scheduled this diwali and will continue to be sold alongside the matiz and aveo.

where as in rest of the world, it may replace the matiz.
sidindica,

Thanks for the info. Is the launch still on as scheduled? Will the pricing be between the Spark and the Aveo?

Thanks!
Old 14th May 2009, 16:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
About Beat,
It is expected to have 1.0L and 1.2L petrol. I don't think Beat 1.0L will be cheaper than current Spark (actually it would be great if it does).
Beat will be positioned higher then Spark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks