Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2005, 21:14   #16
BHPian

Also, i didn't quite like the way the FF is bumping in that "anything karega" ad.. The ad, is quite impractical, coz no father would like to take his car along with family into water on-top of a wooden-raft.
Old 2nd February 2005, 10:23   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wonder, why idiots go in for the Ford-Fusion or the Indigo Marina, when we have the Omigosh Omni for almost half the price.
Hmmm. Why do people buy a Chevy Optra when you can have a tempo at half price and much more room?

Look, the Omni is nothing but an outdated and dangerous matchbox. A box with an engine and wheels. It is probably the most unsafe 4 wheeler in India, rides pathetically and is outright uncomfortable, has no power to speak of...the list just goes on and on.

Remember that the Omni was actually meant to be a cargo carrier. Its the 5 year wait for initial 800's that made people opt for the Omni as a people carrier.

GTO
Old 2nd February 2005, 10:33   #18
BHPian

Ford Fusion Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Also, i didn't quite like the way the FF is bumping in that "anything karega" ad.. The ad, is quite impractical, coz no father would like to take his car along with family into water on-top of a wooden-raft.
Anybody noticed that the wooden raft has two steel rails for the tyres of the Fusion to go on?

Also, has anybody noticed in the ad that when the driver of the Fusion reaches the bridge with the "BRIDGE CLOSED" sign, a low voice says "Houston, we have a problem"!
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

i noticed the houson part
anyway the versa is just 50k more and the omnis seats are too upright for comfort too
Old 5th February 2005, 10:15   #20
BHPian

The C.G of versa is quite high as compared to the omni. Besides the looks department of the versa is quite bank-rupt.[/quote]

There isnt anything to boast about the Omni's looks either.

I guess the base version of Versa now costs around 3.3 lakhs Ex-Showroom,Thane and they have sold a fully loaded one for around 6 lakhs (almost same technical specs.) when introduced, which proves Versa a better buy now.

And Versa being heavier and more powerful is any day better.

The only utility now for an Omni I see is for cargo stuff.
Old 5th February 2005, 10:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The C.G of versa is quite high as compared to the omni. Besides the looks department of the versa is quite bank-rupt.

There isnt anything to boast about the Omni's looks either.

I guess the base version of Versa now costs around 3.3 lakhs Ex-Showroom,Thane and they have sold a fully loaded one for around 6 lakhs (almost same technical specs.) when introduced, which proves Versa a better buy now.

And Versa being heavier and more powerful is any day better.

The only utility now for an Omni I see is for cargo stuff.
Old 6th February 2005, 15:13   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithdr
The Omni has got one of the bumpiest ride among all the cars. Also please do not compare Fusion to Omni as both are in a very different category
Got that right. Two months back I took a ride in an Omni back seat from Anekal to Bangalore via Bannerghatta Road. That was my worst car ride ever, my bum was hurting for hours after that ride. I couldn't straighten my back for 15 minutes after that ride.
Old 6th February 2005, 20:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Got that right. Two months back I took a ride in an Omni back seat from Anekal to Bangalore via Bannerghatta Road. That was my worst car ride ever, my bum was hurting for hours after that ride. I couldn't straighten my back for 15 minutes after that ride.
Yeah Dude, Your back will hurt in any and all the cars if you travel on bannerghatta road.. heh heh.. No wonder the IIMB grads came out on the roads to protest against the government for the condition of the road.
Old 6th February 2005, 21:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ya i remember about having rides in those "city taxis" when i visited bangalore... and that too on those non existent roads of Kormangala....
and to add to the woes not to forget that constant chit chat on that walkie talkie thing... man...
Old 6th February 2005, 22:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah Dude, Your back will hurt in any and all the cars if you travel on bannerghatta road.. heh heh.. No wonder the IIMB grads came out on the roads to protest against the government for the condition of the road.
I regularly drive that road in my Santro, there is a big difference between Santro Xing and Omni on that road. Never taken 1/10th of that battering in the Santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks