Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 19:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Guys,
Just wanted to update you guys:
Ford took the responsibility and completely repaired the car under warranty without a single penny being charged to my friend. The total cost of spares came close to 2.8 Lacs.
Master class and truly commendable! Thank you, Ford, for really taking care of this Fusion owner. Please continue with this customer-centric approach.
Old 29th May 2008, 22:16   #47
BHPian

Really sorry to hear about the incident.

Around 5 years ago, my friends IKON's dashboard caught fire. The fire was caused due to the cigarette lighter which came with the car.

They argued a lot with ford people but they just wont listen. His car was parked in Ford repair shop almost for a month before they started repairing it. They just didn't cover anything under warranty. His insurance cover paid for the repairs.

His whole dashboard melted, needless to say all the electricals were damaged. He had to pay 50% of the repairs as insurance only covered 50%.
Total bill ran over Rs. 1.5 Lac.

Incident happened in Chandigarh and the ford agency was BHAGAT FORD.
FORD A.*.* sucks.
Old 29th May 2008, 22:34   #48
BHPian

Did not read the last post of yours.

Good to hear that ford took the responsibility.
Thats really good news and very rare.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
That is crap what the showroom or ford people are saying.. in that case atleast 80% cars would have same consequence as of you friend Fusion... because most of them prefer to fit it outside and according to their interest and liking..
Exactly sir, I dont know about other brands but as of Ford, they do stress upon Ford recommended ICE...failing which CAN void warranty (its at their discretion). Surprisingly my friend's Fusion was fitted with a Pioneer setup (non-Ford recommended) installed by Auto Planet (an auto accessory shop in Bangalore) but Ford still covered the warranty and cribbed finally at the end after all the repairs to go with Ford recommended ICE hereafter...Nice of them. May be they were very confident that the fire had no connection with the ICE in this case and the management was more Customer-Centric than before.

Whatever it is...I think one should check it out with their dealers clearly while buying their cars.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:57   #50
BHPian

thats a good news,but it took them a lot of time.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:59   #51
BHPian

Yes...the inspection took more time...but once the repair job bugun...it took them around 3 weeks to do it up fully.
Old 3rd June 2008, 03:39   #52
BHPian

Woooh thats a miracle lol
you got ford to fix it all up for ya
Old 25th April 2011, 19:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fusion Caught fire:Will company cover warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
I wonder when threre are some realiable Japnese cars available in India , why do people prefer others!!!

Plenty of reasons:

features, cost, comfort, FTD ...

and by the way, a few decades ago there was a time when "Japanese" used to mean what "Chinese" means today.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Exactly sir, I dont know about other brands but as of Ford, they do stress upon Ford recommended ICE...failing which CAN void warranty (its at their discretion). Surprisingly my friend's Fusion was fitted with a Pioneer setup (non-Ford recommended) installed by Auto Planet (an auto accessory shop in Bangalore) but Ford still covered the warranty and cribbed finally at the end after all the repairs to go with Ford recommended ICE hereafter...Nice of them. May be they were very confident that the fire had no connection with the ICE in this case and the management was more Customer-Centric than before.

Whatever it is...I think one should check it out with their dealers clearly while buying their cars.

Hi Pani

did you mention the word "lawyer" ever?

Ford was on pretty weak grounds here - if they provide a power outlet of a certain voltage/amperage/wattage rating and you put stuff that complies with those ratings (need not even be a music system - you can put anything that complies) then they can not void warranty unless they write in the manual that "this port is specifically to be used for XYZ" which I don't think they did. Even if they did in court the burden will be on them to prove that this resulted in the fire.

Also since the fire was nowhere near the music system you were on strong footing anyway.

PEOPLE: In general all supplies in vehicles these days are via some electronics and that electronics has its own power ratings. While putting something that overloads the power electronics should not result in a fire (i.e. for a well designed power supply; and the wires will definitely not catch fire) it is a bad idea and can be very expensive if the power modules get damaged.

Here's another thing: even if you overloaded the open port electically, Ford would have had to answer (in court) why they did not put any fuse to prevent overloading.

On top of all of that there is always the risk of bad publicity - Nano at its price was hobbled badly, Ford probably can not recover if media picks up your story.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

VINA,

I do not think you have gone thro the whole of the thread.
Ford had agreed to bear the cost (remember its a 3 year old thread) and also got the issue resolved.

Check this post for update:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post846810
Old 25th April 2011, 21:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
VINA,

I do not think you have gone thro the whole of the thread.
Ford had agreed to bear the cost (remember its a 3 year old thread) and also got the issue resolved.

Check this post for update:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post846810

I did go through the thread and knew that Ford had agreed to pay up. I'm sorry the post doesn't make that obvious though - though if you notice the tense of the grammar it shouldn't be hard to deduce that.

My post was to ask whether the threat of a lawyer, or journalist (or other such tactics) had to be used or did Ford do it out of goodwill. If they did it out of goodwill then I'll be very happy - I'm buying a Figo soon.

Also details in my previous post may let some people try to go deeper into what the statements in the warranty mean - rather than taking them on face value. For example by Laws of Contracts of the land, any contract that is illegal is null and void by default. Thus if the warranty has some terms which are foul of consumer laws, then those terms do not restrict you from asking compensation - no matter what you signed on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks