Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 16:03   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

Could this be the next Palio?? I found an article on autoexpress:
Coming back to the topic, can we have the link please? This is yet another car based on the Mini-Swift-Fabia design philosophy, if it indeed is the new Palio that is.
Old 11th April 2008, 16:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Coming back to the topic, can we have the link please? This is yet another car based on the Mini-Swift-Fabia design philosophy, if it indeed is the new Palio that is.

@ Roms : I had actually found this pic in an article long back in Auto Express - New & Used Car Reviews and News. ( Around sept 07 ) .
Old 11th April 2008, 16:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
@ Roms : I had actually found this pic in an article long back in Auto Express - New & Used Car Reviews and News. ( Around sept 07 ) .
Thanks Karan! Found the article :-
Fiat | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Fiat’s next small car is based on Grande Punto platform and could revive Uno name

28th September 2007

Is there no stopping Fiat? The once-troubled Italian car maker has let slip that it has two more models winging their way to production – and both have the potential to create a real stir.

Details of the newcomers – dubbed B-Compact and C X-Over – were flashed up on screen for a fraction of a second during a presentation at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Scheduled for a 2009 launch, the B-Compact will sit between the Panda and Grande Punto. Described by Fiat as a ‘modern family car with affordable Italian style’, it comes with three and five-door options and will be a cheaper alternative to the Grande Punto. It will be based on a cut-down version of that car’s platform, and bosses are considering resurrecting the Uno name for the model when it arrives in 2009.

Also heading for European showrooms is the larger C X-Over, a five-door crossover car with two or four-wheel-drive options. The newcomer uses the same platform as the latest Bravo, will slot into the range above the Sedici and go head-to-head with the likes of the Nissan Qashqai and Ford’s new Kuga. Fiat also reveals that the model will be 4.5 metres long and cost £14,000-£18,000 when it arrives in 2010.
Old 11th April 2008, 17:11   #34
BHPian

AFAIK, Palio's underpinnings is designed in Italy and manufactured in Brazil. Even the two successive facelift were done in Italy too and is damn good engineered in every bit of it too. When I was in Hamburg, I saw the old-generation punto (not grande punto), and its specs, believe me it is for european market. But when compare with Palio, Palio will standout infront of punto.

My personal views.
Old 11th April 2008, 20:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Could this be the next Palio?? I found an article on autoexpress:
it does look like a palio (except those monster truck sized tyres!)
Old 12th April 2008, 01:11   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
it does look like a palio (except those monster truck sized tyres!)
I also feel it looks a bit like the Swift.
Oh god! What have I just said? But that's exactly what I felt when I saw it for the first time. Something wrong with my eyes possibly (Wait, let me run for some sort of cover).
Old 12th April 2008, 12:08   #37

Here Come the big guns!!!
As the Crazy Bavaji Fiat Guy i would like to put in my 2 cents here.
@ Extreme torque & JayD, i think you are as much of a fiat fan as any of us.
BUTTTT enough said, this thread is about the "NEW PALIO" which is most probably never coming here because Fiat India is too damn lazy to do so. And about the Bravo,Punto and others,they might not be made here because Fiat just is not as equipped. We have gone to the factory and it looked like Ferraris were being made. Most of the assembly is hand done. Heck!! All the assembly is hand done.

EDIT:- @MF..LOL

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th April 2008 at 12:09.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Palio even at this age teaches a thing or two to the latest pricier entrants in the car market, which other car does it?

What does it teach?? And did anybody learn??
To answer your question, my 5 year old Rs.5 lac Palio S10 drives and rides better then my Rs.8.15 lac SX4.

What did I learn? I learnt that a 5 year old, Rs.5 lac car can be better then a latest Rs.8 lac car.

The fact that the Palio drives and rides better then cars like the Chevy Cobalt/Pontiac Pursuit which are sold in developed first world countries is something I am not even getting into.

Someone commented about Fiat's Palio coming from low cost R&D centers like Brazil. Do you know that India, for every carmaker, is also a low cost R&D Center? And, what about the Dzire? A truely low cost R&D developed car exclusively avaliable only in the Indian market. Or does the fact that the car is exclusively avaliable in India make us proud? Most of us feel that the Dzire is VFM. I think it's a rip off at those prices. It's after all a Swift with a boot. Does it cost that much more to add a boot? Fact is if the Dzire was a Fiat Dzire, Chevy Dzire, we would have said that these carmakers are taking us Indians for granted and dumping crap on us.

As for this thread, it's 2 years ahead of it's time. Let's lock this thread and open it when the first spy shots of the all new Palio come out.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:39   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
We have gone to the factory and it looked like Ferraris were being made. Most of the assembly is hand done. Heck!! All the assembly is hand done.
Well that was during inception. Its much different now. They have the engine and transmission plant under construction that time. I will probably visiting the plant soon thanks to a team-bhpian from Pune.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:48   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Well that was during inception. Its much different now. They have the engine and transmission plant under construction that time. I will probably visiting the plant soon thanks to a team-bhpian from Pune.
Very Nice..But i liked how clean the old plant looked. It had a striking resemblance to the Ferrari plant. Except for the Ferraris. Remember we saw the Puntos There?
Old 12th April 2008, 12:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Seriously? What's their problem?
Their problem is low volumes & Fiat's unwillingness to source parts locally. Probably because then it will hamper their overall volumes & business plan of keeping Brazil as the manufacturing hub for the 178 platform cars.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2008 at 19:52. Reason: Removing quotes of deleted posts.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Very Nice..But i liked how clean the old plant looked. It had a striking resemblance to the Ferrari plant. Except for the Ferraris. Remember we saw the Puntos There?
Sorry Cyrus, there were no Punto's there. I didn't stay back for lunch since me and Shrivz had to go but Karl didn't mention presence of a Punto there.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2008 at 19:53. Reason: Removing quote + reply of deleted content.
Old 12th April 2008, 19:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat’s next small car is based on Grande Punto platform and could revive Uno name
So its safe to assume that the Palio brand will be very much in existence. 2010 it is, bit far but fair enough before we get a new look Palio. And about relaunching the Uno, i think its a good move by Fiat. This way the customers will have more options available in the small car segment. Good, Fiat introduce newer models, but please be fast & don't take the juice out of the eagerly waiting Fiat fans.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:08   #44
BHPian

any news about the fate of palio in india?
Old 9th April 2010, 11:17   #45
BHPian

Could it be the new Uno? It looks brilliant.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed