Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 11:19   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
any news about the fate of palio in india?
palio would not be sold in BS4 cities. Fiat is not upgrading it. So only Punto Linea 500 for Fiat now.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:08   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post

Could it be the new Uno? It looks brilliant.
Not So brilliant for me.Looks very much like an asian car and lacks the exclusivity of new generation fiats.I guess FIAT has to concenterate more on improving the quality of their existing products rather than launching a new car.I hope this car not making its way to india any time soon.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

My Palio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What did I learn? I learnt that a 5 year old, Rs.5 lac car can be better then a latest Rs.8 lac car.

The fact that the Palio drives and rides better then cars like the Chevy Cobalt/Pontiac Pursuit which are sold in developed first world countries is something I am not even getting into.
Sorry for bumping up an old observation - but couldn't help it, as a Palio owner I have driven it over all sorts of roads and some places where there were no roads even - just stones and gravel - with neither a compliant nor a protest.

In fact, mine was love at first sight - what with the ad of Sachin driving the car in a cricket stadium (Chepauk, Chennai - I am told). And I am not even in favour of changing its looks - every time this picture flashes across my screen, I stop it for a moment - just to vindicate my decision of buying one!

Fiat working on Palio successor for 2010 EDIT: Could be the UNO-palio-1.jpg

Fiat working on Palio successor for 2010 EDIT: Could be the UNO-palio-2.jpg

Thanks, Sukiwa - for the great snaps.

If I may be permitted to nitpick - just take a moment to look at the bumpers or wherever it is that the provision is made for affixing number plates on the cars running around. 9 times out of 10, you will see that the number plate is not correctly aligned or there is a mismatch in shape. The exception here - the Palio! There are several such small items taken care of - and has been discussed across several other threads - that make my day.

I firmly believe in "Don't fix what ain't broken"... there is plenty of life left in her even without the cosmetic surgery - put in a "real performance" engine (drive the weekend / S10 version to sample it) and I am sure there are plenty of people who will lap it up!

Last edited by vrprabhu : 9th April 2010 at 12:25.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:52   #49
BHPian

Wonder what's Speedzak's problem? Either he has had a very bad experience with Fiat or he's just baiting Fiat lovers. Nothing constructive in the posts. I think the best way is to ignore.

I have a 5 year old Palio, 1.2 NV Sport - Formula Red which has run 55K. Still has the solid feel to it with no rattles. Get an efficiancy of 11 kpl in city with 100% AC and have achieved best efficiency of 17.5 kpl on the expressway.

The design too is timeless and I still can't help admiring her looks after 5 years.

The car is brilliant which has been acknowledged by everyone who has driven or owned one with innumerable features which have lot of thought in car design. It has been badly let down by the company which built and sold it.

Let us post responsibly and not go about ranting like lunatics.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:55   #50
BHPian

I have 2001 Palio, ELX. I can efford to buy new hatchback. But I always think twice before making decesion. And I always compare the driving pleasure which I get while driving my 2001 Palio. I just want to upgrade my Palio because it is too old but still not able to give away.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:13   #51
BHPian

Is this what it is?

Old 9th April 2010, 14:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Is this what it is?

Looks like a Fiat Panda types variant!
Old 9th April 2010, 14:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Wonder what's Speedzak's problem? Either he has had a very bad experience with Fiat or he's just baiting Fiat lovers.
He just hates Fiat for some reason. He even made a statement that worst car he has ever driven is Palio. Never mind.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:35   #54
BHPian

What ever the new car may look like. I just hope they don't fit in yet another 1.2 Lts engine. Every manufacturer is obsessed with 1.2 Lts engine. They don't realize that there are lot of people who want a powerful engine and ready to pay a little extra for that.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
What ever the new car may look like. I just hope they don't fit in yet another 1.2 Lts engine. Every manufacturer is obsessed with 1.2 Lts engine. They don't realize that there are lot of people who want a powerful engine and ready to pay a little extra for that.
But look at the new 1.2 K Series engine fitted in Swift, it is powerful enough, at least better than the old 1.2L engines which produced less power.

You're right, there are people who would love to have a real hot hatch.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps they should introduce their patented multiair technology in India too. AFAIK, this technology can be combined with their existing FIRE, which are anyway manufactured here.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:37   #57
BHPian

What fiat need to do..
Modify the Palio to look like the older one..
Call it the "all new palio"
Plonk in the 1.3 MJD with the swift like tuning.
Get an ad campaign like the figo, the bluetooth and stuff.
Sell it for under 6 lacs.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:53   #58
BHPian

You miss the dashboard part
Old 10th April 2010, 22:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Finally, Eh??
Atleast they are now thinking about a successor.

But again, it is going to be that same under developed, 3rd world country car and it is very unfortunate that they are counting India amongst it.
Take it very clear. This car, again is going to be developed with low cost R&D. It will never be a true European hatchback we all wish to see from FiAT. Just another under developed car for under developed countries (and they call it with a fancy name or GROWING markets)! What we will get is another heavy weight piece of moving metal which will have some very unfriendly spare parts. The local component manufacturers won't easily give in to manufacture those rare items. And that will always remain a problem as long as the car is sold here.

Sorry FiAT! Another disappointment!

How do you like this news reported by gaurav_chopra04?

The March 2010 issue of Overdrive has reported that Mitsubishi will launch the new Pajero Sport based on its Tritron pick-up, in India in mid-2010.

The new Pajero wont even be remotely related to the current Pajero (2nd gen Paj) or Montero (4th Gen Paj). Instead it's based on the Mitsubishi's Triton pick-up truck platform and is designed for emerging markets such as South East Asia, South America, Latin America, South Africa and Russia). The new Pajero will compete directly with the Toyota Fortuner (based on Hilux pick-up) which also caters to the same emerging markets.

Can you single out Fiat for catering to the emerging markets?

I am sorry the reply is for the post that is very old. Still, now that the thread is revived, it would make a good reading.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Can we cut speedzak some slack here since (1) he is banned and cannot respond and (2) this is a 2-year old thread for God's sake.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks