Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 09:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Choksi's name has come up again, he may be in the dock this time for Mahesh Manjrekar's Landcruiser.

For the record, Haren Choksey is the owner of Auto Bahn, an authorised Skoda dealer.

Link to DNA News Article
Did he go free again between the thread start and now.
Regarding second point, perhaps being what he is, is a requirement for being the second part.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:33   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Choksi's name has come up again, he may be in the dock this time for Mahesh Manjrekar's Landcruiser.

For the record, Haren Choksey is the owner of Auto Bahn, an authorised Skoda dealer.

Link to DNA News Article
Again !

This guy probably gets in & out of jail on a weekly basis, most times it's probably not reported in the papers. I fail to understand how his business is still running after earning such a bad reputation.

Trust Skoda to appoint such a crook as a dealer

: Is there another import car racket on with regards to NL regn? I have seen several imports running on NL plates, even this morning on my way to work I met a sky blue M5 that was NL registered.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Again !

: Is there another import car racket on with regards to NL regn? I have seen several imports running on NL plates, even this morning on my way to work I met a sky blue M5 that was NL registered.
Well the reason for that is the ridiculously low registration and road tax levies in Nagaland. In fact, I have even heard reports of stolen vehicles getting re-registered with fake engine and chassis numbers.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:17   #49
BHPian

Choksey never came out of jail since his last arrest. He was hospitalised for heart condition ever since then. Neat way to stay out of jail and enjoy the luxury of Hospital.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2009 at 17:00. Reason: Lets focus on the main party of the discussion only
Old 15th September 2009, 12:20   #50
BHPian

I was wondering why I never saw a mention of this dealer for soo long! This dealer's cars reside exactly opposite my house, and I think he lives there too.

For years I've been seeing dozens of imported cars lying on his premises and even on the main roads, and sometimes outside my building. He usually sells his cars to filmstars and even leases the cars out for film shooting. Now I understand why over the past year the cars have slowly been dissapearing, and there are not many cars lying around. I think I've also seen Mahesh Manjrekar's Landcruiser. The cars that Choksey has ranges from Mercs, Landcruisers, Pajeros, BMW's, Hummers (though I haven't seen any around lately), Skodas, etc.

I will try and get some photos of his cars the next time when I am in Mumbai, most probably in mid-Ocober.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:37   #51
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
I was wondering why I never saw a mention of this dealer for soo long! This dealer's cars reside exactly opposite my house, and I think he lives there too.

For years I've been seeing dozens of imported cars lying on his premises and even on the main roads, and sometimes outside my building. He usually sells his cars to filmstars and even leases the cars out for film shooting. Now I understand why over the past year the cars have slowly been dissapearing, and there are not many cars lying around. I think I've also seen Mahesh Manjrekar's Landcruiser. The cars that Choksey has ranges from Mercs, Landcruisers, Pajeros, BMW's, Hummers (though I haven't seen any around lately), Skodas, etc.

I will try and get some photos of his cars the next time when I am in Mumbai, most probably in mid-Ocober.
Seeing your 2002 Jag am tempted to ask how you laid hands on this one??

Did Choksey help you in any way???

Least you misunderstant this is only in jest. But on a serious note how did you procure the Jag offically earlier before JLR came to india through TATA. Another Choksey equivalent company?
Old 15th September 2009, 13:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Seeing your 2002 Jag am tempted to ask how you laid hands on this one??

Did Choksey help you in any way???

Least you misunderstant this is only in jest. But on a serious note how did you procure the Jag offically earlier before JLR came to india through TATA. Another Choksey equivalent company?
I think you've misunderstood ACM. I certainly do own a Jaguar, but in Hong Kong and not in Mumbai.

I've clearly stated it on my signature.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:59   #53
evo
BHPian

Hehe. Skoda and crooked dealers. Hehe. I love the irony. Its de-li-ci-ous!
Old 15th September 2009, 15:38   #54
BHPian

I stay just a buikding away from where Chowksi parks his cars. lately ( read 6 months) have not seen any new cars. maybe his business has taken a beating. Or he is just trying to stay below the radar.
Old 15th September 2009, 22:04   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You guys do know that this crackdown on illegal imports is partially funded by the auto industry itself, right?

This guy says a lot of the quality of Skoda dealership owners. Some background screening by the boys in Aurangabad!
Old 15th September 2009, 22:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

They probably just checked the bank balances, not character checks...!
Old 16th September 2009, 08:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
You guys do know that this crackdown on illegal imports is partially funded by the auto industry itself, right?

This guy says a lot of the quality of Skoda dealership owners. Some background screening by the boys in Aurangabad!
Whoa! No, but that's a really smart thing to do. Now if the auto industry can also self regulate and crack down on errant dealers and car makers that would be even better!
Old 16th September 2009, 08:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Judging by the actions of a certain female on this forum, I wonder if this points to a deeper malaise affecting their Indian operations - One which they are not able to get rid of, despite attempts to purge it several times
Old 26th February 2010, 17:17   #59
BHPian

Thought I'd give this thread a minor update. Here's what Choksi's got rolling around at the moment. In the picture is a blue 350Z, a white Toyota Celicia and a C-class. He's got other stuff at the back such as an E-Class, an old gen Volvo limo, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Mega imported car dealer - Choksi - nailed & arrested!-01012010102.jpg  

Last edited by krazyking : 26th February 2010 at 17:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks