Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Exactly what I thought. I think they should work more towards the MJD.

or CNG, instead of LPG
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:12   #17
BHPian

This may turnaround the volume of this work horse. Tatas trying for the magic that helped for Wagon-R to become largest seller in its category after 8 years since its launch.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

This LPG thingy was successful with the WagonR duo when the LPG price per litre was around Rs.27.
Today, @Rs.35 per litre, even the WagonR duo doesn't sell.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:08   #19
BHPian

Yesterday I cam to know that the price difference between Xeta petrol and xeta lpg (both DLS) is approx. 44000 Rs. Now I am in dillema,
1. Should I go for Petrol and then add an LPG kit at 20000 Rs ? Doing so the warranty of 18 months gets void. But do you really get problem in Xeta and need that warrant ?
2. I learned from this forum that the factory fitted LPG Kit is using serial technology and the the one which is commonly available in the market is closed-loop technology. What is the difference between them ? Is is worth paying 44000 Rs. for Serial ?
Old 7th July 2008, 12:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Yesterday I cam to know that the price difference between Xeta petrol and xeta lpg (both DLS) is approx. 44000 Rs. Now I am in dillema,
1. Should I go for Petrol and then add an LPG kit at 20000 Rs ? Doing so the warranty of 18 months gets void. But do you really get problem in Xeta and need that warrant ?
2. I learned from this forum that the factory fitted LPG Kit is using serial technology and the the one which is commonly available in the market is closed-loop technology. What is the difference between them ? Is is worth paying 44000 Rs. for Serial ?

I know this is not exactly the answer to your question, but i would suggest to either spend a little bit more and go for diesel version, or stick with Petrol. After-market kits are not worthwhile on a new care IMHO, and 44k difference for LPG version is not that good VFM.
Old 20th August 2008, 19:02   #21
BHPian

zeta LPG

Folks, got to drive the zeta LPG GLS from family at length in bangalore traffic for two days and guess what, the car is so torquey it's a pleasure to drive in second gear in the bumper to bumper bangalore traffic on Gas.

It's absolutely amzaing car, lods of torque with 30+ltr Gas capacity. It really pulls well with AC in GAS mode.
As mentioned in this thread, you also get a fatty fireextinguisher, there are good holders designed to hold this, one below driver's seat and another in the dickey.

The stepney is vertical, it kind of touches the board (not supplied) but all board foundation and holders are there. Speaker need to be mounted on board with the extra buffering/angular placing.

Guess what, got a Pioneer basic CD/MP3 system with pioneer 300W speaker for rear and 180W front sysytem for 6.8k on JC road.

Another important learing on rexin/art leather covering, the art leather material costs between 90/- per metre to 130/- (top end crushed look) on JC road (Kurlon dealer opp the MLparking) , so you can negotiate for good with this info, we got one stitched for this Indica for 3k.

This is my first buy on JC road and overall am happy. The music system, I had got the model number from the cab driver it's a basic model with 50x4 MOSFET with line-in plus remote (4500/- without bill). it's number is 3xxx or 2xxx it's the model below the USB (everything except USB interface).

Indica LPG gives 11/12 on ga sin City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks