Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 12:35   #16
BHPian

Yes, this is true. Engine and Transmission too This warranty they give in U.S i think.
Buy a Brand New Hyundai:
We will get minimum 2 year warranty and extend it upto 5 years more.
Means 7 years warranty.
That Means,
Getz CRDi better A.S.S than Swift CRDi.?
Verna Petrol + Verna Diesel A.S.S than SX4?
Santro or i10 better A.S.S than Wagon R or Estilo?

Correct me if i'm wrong:

Source:
Hyundai launches India’s first ever Optional Extended Warranty scheme

26th May , 2008
Hyundai launches India’s first ever Optional Extended Warranty scheme

New Delhi, May 26, 2008: Hyundai Motor India, the country’s largest passenger car exporter and the second largest auto manufacturer, are once again setting benchmarks for the industry, as they launch, the first of its kind extended warranty schemes for its privileged customers. The Power Train and Comprehensive Extended warranty schemes are available for all the proud owners of the Hyundai i10, Santro, Getz Prime (petrol), Accent and the Verna for a period of five years

Launched in May, these schemes will ensure that the owners of Hyundai cars can avail of maximum warranty for their cars with minimal cost implications. The schemes have been designed to ensure peace of mind for Hyundai customers ensuring that it suits their requirements and the car gives trouble performance for its ownership period.

The Comprehensive Extended Warranty scheme is a full protection scheme which covers the entire car right from the mechanical, the electrical to all other parts including the engine and transmission, for a period off five years or 100,000km whichever is earlier. This is the first time ever that a manufacturer is offering a long term warranty for full five years.

Additionally, for all those customers who do not want a full comprehensive warranty covering the entire car there is partial extended warranty (The Power Train Warranty) for the entire power train which will cover the engine and transmission parts at a minimal cost for a similar period of five years or 100,000km which ever occurs earlier.

Speaking on the occasion, Hyundai Motor India, Sr. GM, Customer Care Service, HMIL, B Mani said “It has always been our endeavor to provide innovative products and service to our customers which suit their needs and lifestyle. And this Extended Warranty Scheme is just another example of this. This will give our customers added satisfaction and peace of mind without substantially adding to the cost of ownership. Hyundai products have over time proven to be reliable, safe and they require minimum maintenance and this scheme of offering extended warranty will only add to the levels of customer satisfaction for our customers and emphasizes our commitment to our values and products.”
Old 28th May 2008, 12:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't it for the cars that are going to be sold from now on?

Or can you just take any Hyundai car in warranty period and get it extended?
I had a talk in Hyundai Customer Care.
It is for the cars not more than 3 years old.
My Accent is more than 3 years old i can't extend
No Warranty Extension on Elantra CRDi said Hyundai Guys as i was already having 4 years Warranty from the time of purchase.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

I saw GTO's post on this thread yesterday. Where has that vanished ?
Old 28th May 2008, 13:13   #19
BHPian

Thats good news for Hyundai owners and prospective buyers. Let us see if like GM it shows in their sales also.
Old 28th May 2008, 14:46   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

4 year extended warranty plans have been available for long, and are pretty popular too! Kudos to Hyundai for being the first to offer a 5 year extended warranty. Its only a matter of time before others follow suit.

I am a believer in the huge value of these packages. Thread Link.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Yes, this is true. Engine and Transmission too This warranty they give in U.S i think.
Buy a Brand New Hyundai:
We will get minimum 2 year warranty and extend it upto 5 years more.
Means 7 years warranty.
That Means,
Getz CRDi better A.S.S than Swift CRDi.?
Verna Petrol + Verna Diesel A.S.S than SX4?
Santro or i10 better A.S.S than Wagon R or Estilo?

Correct me if i'm wrong:
I just spoke to the Hyundai executive in charge of warranty. The extended warranty is only for 3 years after the company warranty of 2 years. I have taken 2 years extended warranty (3rd and 4th year) for my getz for 4500 rupees. For extending the warranty to 5th year they are charging 8000 rupees. Is it worth it?
Old 10th June 2008, 17:12   #22
BHPian

Does it include an anti-perforation warranty on body parts? I remember getting this on my Santro 5.5 years ago, but only after a paid anti-rust treatment.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Offers 5 Year Warranty(but leaves Getz CRDi out!)

I was in the service center this morning, when I saw a new poster talking about 5 year warranty. As the Getz CRDi does not get covered by the 2+2 warranty, I inquired if the new warranty covers it- but, no. At least, not yet was the answer...
Old 19th July 2009, 23:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Is it standard warranty or 2+3 extended warranty? If it is standard warranty, then that's a great move for Indian automobile industry.

Hyundai was first to launch 10 years / 1,00,000mile warranty in US. It helped Hyundai grab attention of common buyers and establish itself as cheaper but reliable alternative to Japanese cars.

So I am hoping that this is 5 year standard warranty on all Hyundai cars. I am sure others will follow the suite.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post

So I am hoping that this is 5 year standard warranty on all Hyundai cars
They better - else they're sending out wrong messages to current/potential owners of the Getz CRDi.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm if this warranty has to purchased/is now standard?

Also, does it apply on the i20 Crdi?
Old 19th July 2009, 23:38   #27
gpa
Senior - BHPian

It is always recommended to read the fine print when it comes to things like extended warranties.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

It is not a standard warranty, rather a 2+3/ 100000 KM warranty. I was not aware this was there since last year0 the service center always had 2+2 posters, and they spoke about this 2+3 as if it was something new...
Old 20th July 2009, 13:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

I visited HMP last month while shopping for a new car. What I understood was they were offering a standard 2 year/unlimited KM warranty. If one were a low mileage user, he can opt for the additional 3 year/60000 KM, 4 year/80000 KM or 5 year/100000 KM EW by paying about Rs 3000 or so per year. In which case, the original two year warranty will be restricted to 40000 KM.

I ultimately decided on the Alto. Got the standard 2 year/40000 KM warranty + 2 year/40000 KM EW. The dealer paid for the third year EW as a freebie and I paid Rs 2400 for the fourth. So totally 4 years/80000 KM warranty.

Generally the warranties are transferable to the new owner too.

Last edited by Gansan : 20th July 2009 at 14:06.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:39   #30
BHPian

Thats sounds to be a great move by Hyundai, but now that they have given a start, we may expect similar warranties form other manufacturers like Maruti for the common man cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks